Preview 2017 Semi-Final: Cats v Swans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations and welcome to Florence McVeigh :)
McVeigh on his milestone: It's something I'll reflect on after my career. Right now the focus is on the Cats this Friday night.
McVeigh: We're expecting Geelong to bounce back in a big way. They finished top two for a reason. They're seasoned customers.
McVeigh: Dangerfield is a very good player obviously. But there's also Duncan, Selwood and alike. We'll focus on how we want to play.
McVeigh: My wife gave birth to another beautiful little girl (Florence). A great start to the week for us. Two father-daughters coming up.
McVeigh on Franklin: Buddy will be fine for Friday night. It's just a corky and it's not that bad. We expect him to play well, like always.

Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
Fun fact: Buddy is 5-0 against Geelong since he arrived at Sydney.

giphy.gif

THE CATS ARE TOAST!!!!
How's his corky tracking?

This pleases me to see Papley training today. (From Swans twitter)
Paps has had some magical moments this year: thehandball to Lance "around" the Essendon player for a goal, quick handball to Dean Towers for Towers dribble a goal against Essendon, the god of shoulder moment for Paps to kick a goal, the smother of the decade, ......
DJkIyDeVAAAOLiY.jpg

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
This pleases me to see Papley training today. (From Swans twitter)
Paps has had some magical moments this year: thehandball to Lance "around" the Essendon player for a goal, quick handball to Dean Towers for Towers dribble a goal against Essendon, the god of shoulder moment for Paps to kick a goal, the smother of the decade, ......
DJkIyDeVAAAOLiY.jpg
Who's that in the background? Looks too small to be Parker...is it Dawson (or is it just a blurred Parker)?

TripleB

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Who's that in the background? Looks too small to be Parker...is it Dawson (or is it just a blurred Parker)?

It looks like Sam Murray, but can't really understand why he would be at training still, unless they want all hands on deck for match simulation.

Agree, could also be a blurry Parker...

Who is our expert who knows which of our players wears white boots?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
McVeigh: My wife gave birth to another beautiful little girl (Florence). A great start to the week for us. Two father-daughters coming up.
Isn't that lovely? Hasn't the world changed quickly? Can you imagine a footballer saying that before the AFLW came into being?

I used to sometimes get the feeling that some footballers were struggling to conceal their disappointment in not having a son. Different world now. (And, I think, better.)

TripleB

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Isn't that lovely? Hasn't the world changed quickly? Can you imagine a footballer saying that before the AFLW came into being?

I used to sometimes get the feeling that some footballers were struggling to conceal their disappointment in not having a son. Different world now. (And, I think, better.)

I wonder how Pluggers four girls are tracking??

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Teams have a history of bouncing back after being thrashed in their qualifying final, Norf in 2007 and the Bulldogs in 2008 just a couple of recent examples.

Having said that, remarkably, since 2014 Freo, Geelong, us and the Hawks have all gone out in straight sets.

I still think we will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back