• AFL peers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Plenty of big footy fans call him the worst captain in the comp? Who do you trust? the current players or bigfooty forum members?

Discuss.

Big Footy fans! believe it or not, people who watch games live whether that's at the ground or on TV, would see (or hear) just as much of an opposition captain than what the opposition would.

The Captain of the team that finishes on top of the ladder is always the obvious choice for 'Captain of the year'

What!!! Since when has Taylor Walker been captain!!! :D:D

I think he won it because his team was minor premier. It is too hard to judge who the best captain is in the league, most of the hard work would be done by them behind closed doors at training and mentoring. He doesn't seem like the most inspiring on field captain.

May as well raise the same question for Sloane getting most courageous, normally it's Selwood given his willingness to put his neck on the line day in day out for the club.

Pardon the pun.

May as well raise the same question for Sloane getting most courageous, normally it's Selwood given his willingness to put his neck on the line day in day out for the club.

Pardon the pun.

Sloane was very courageous that game where he bitched to the umpires every time Dan Howe went near him.

He has won because Adelaide are on top.

He struggles to string 2 words together so I can't imagine him giving stirring pre-game and half-time chats.
Hawks fans really have a chip on their shoulders don't they? He hasn't won because Adelaide are on top, he won because he leads from the front, does the team thing, and if you look at his statistics you'll see he regularly involves other players in scoring due to his hard work. He also kicked 50 goals himself.

As far as him talking, well he isn't a brain surgeon but who is that's playing AFL? Luke Hodge certainly isn't.

Hawks fans really have a chip on their shoulders don't they? He hasn't won because Adelaide are on top, he won because he leads from the front, does the team thing, and if you look at his statistics you'll see he regularly involves other players in scoring due to his hard work. He also kicked 50 goals himself.

As far as him talking, well he isn't a brain surgeon but who is that's playing AFL? Luke Hodge certainly isn't.

Not sure what team I support has to do with anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted AFL peers, which isn't to say their appraisals of Taylor Walker aren't any less superficial than what Bigfooty members provide. However, from my understanding of how the AFLPA survey is conducted, they aren't as biased.

The idea of a best captain is a little like somebody saying they have the best wife. What about just having the one that best suits you/your club?

Hodgey actually did very well at school from memory... yes he may not be a brain surgeon but he definitely shouldn't be likened to the Tex Walkers of the world.

OP once made a crybaby thread about adelaide possibly signing Dustin Martin because he was a crybaby when people dismissed his suggestion that Lever isn't gone and Adelaide could infact sign Martin

Thread no different. Would of voted Bigfooty posters but Unless OP deletes his account its clearly the AFL peers

I doubt Fletcher Roberts knows more about Taylor Walker than I do. He finished top, who else are you going to vote for?

He was a twitter whining tosser though about that big meany Mitchell when he tried to whack him, so footy fans.

Back