Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

His brother was preparing to move to Brisbane with his girlfriend, I can assure you that. The offer was substantial from Brisbane and Essendon decided to match it. As of two weeks ago Conor was happy heading to Brisbane.
Mate he just signed for 4 years and no one gives 0 sh!ts about what happened in negotiations.
Can we just get on with comparing him with Andrew Mcleod and predicting various types of glory?

McKenna for 4 more!

The big dog sure had us all worried

Essendon contract negotiations right now...

ynUdcFB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was truly embarrassing. At least some people were able to put their hands up though.
i was one of them. he looked for all the world like one of those guys who had all the physical attributes you could ask for in a footy player but none of the game sense and footy smarts needed to put it all together. what a difference 6 months makes, hey

You people need to understand that this is a great effort by the club and he was seriously on the way out
Lots of money was offered and we ponied up more than we would have thought and for a longer period
Still a great signing
And rightly so.

His qualities are exactly what we need and very hard to find. His age and his high ceiling equate to a biggish money contract. Not the sort of money mid-20 yo players with years of proven quality would demand but certainly in the best 8-14 at the club. He's a fantastic signing for us.

You people need to understand that this is a great effort by the club and he was seriously on the way out
Lots of money was offered and we ponied up more than we would have thought and for a longer period
Still a great signing
No he wasn't on the way out. As I said about a week ago the $ side of things was never an issue it was the length of his contract. He was after more security which is what he got.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back