Travel Best natural destinations in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Catgirl

Club Legend
May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Gal hailing from Melbourne and looking to do an interstate trip on my mid-semester break. Anywhere from 3 days to a week.

Been to NSW and QLD a crapload of times, and loved them both. ACT to a lesser degree. I want to go somewhere maybe less commercial and more natural. Not so much beaches and warm weather - I prefer rainforests, waterfalls, mountains and storms

I've read up on Tasmania and have heard it is underrated nature-wise so I'm leaning towards there, but if the BF community have any other recommendations in terms of towns, spots or hidden gems, I'm all ears

you can't go wrong with Tasmania

The whole state is fabulous but make sure you spend more time in the country than the towns. Mount Field National Park and Franklin River are amazing

Another one for Tassie, did a 14 day driving holiday a few years ago and loved it, best holiday I have been on in Australia and it has exactly what you are looking for.

Freycinet national park, Mount Wellington, Russell Falls, West Coast wilderness railway (highly recommended), Gordon river cruse plus many more and lots of great little towns along the way.

You need to go to the pub in the paddock where elvis the pig lives.

Mataranka and the Katherine Gorge

Just recently returned from a spur of the moment road trip to Uluru
For all the hype and tourist stuff it was a stunning sight
I camped all the way up and back and loved every minute of it
Did some rock climbing in the middle of nowhere near the Henbury meteorite craters
Felt like I was the only person on the planet

So I just came back from Tasmania and it was absolutely astounding. Could not be a bigger rap for the Tours Tasmania group - I did the Mount Field/Bonorong Wildlife Park/Mount Wellington and Wineglass Bay Tours. Fed a few kangaroos. Was ******* awesome.

Got to trek in the snow, and also hike on the east coast in searing heat. Good fun.

My favourite place was Lake Dobson. It was frozen over and there was snow absolutely everywhere, as far as the eye can stretch. Probably the most stunning view I've ever seen in my life. I was literally shaking my head in disbelief. Photos just don't do Tassie justice.

Constitution Dock TAS
a0866cdff6559ed0f7ad545efd347a4e.jpg
30a0d7090bc770edf35ca6d7968d3059.jpg
3d1e54c9f84175f87d07bd97f55312c9.jpg
908a3a8259fc43a002a740a0b0a910c3.jpg
a7845fe66e6bebe90c864683bbed1be8.jpg
928204e6a75facce5b250666ebcfe2d7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back