24/11/17 6pm National Draft: Picks 47, 51, 58, 60 + 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Rockliff fill a need?
Surely we've got enough of his type... we need a class ball user who can run and carry.

Add Rockliff to that midfield, meaning you can rotate Robbie and Wingard forward more often with out losing anything from the midfield?

Y88sPTY.gif

I suspect Howard will be a forward/ruck next year. No way Hombsch is not our best CHB if fit.
If we decide to play Howard back next year, Howard gets picked before Hombsch every day of the week. With Clurey & Jonas, Howard adds the perfect balance as a super quick and agile tall who has a good 7cm on Hombsch. He allows us to cover taller forwards whilst also adding the versatility of a bloke who can play fwd and in ruck.

If we do decide to push Howard forward again over the pre-season then fair enough.

I personally think however that what we've seen from Howard at SANFL level down back and what we saw V WC was just far too good to ignore. He could become an AA CHB without doubt. He was cutting off everything, spoiling like a man possessed, reading the play brilliantly and his speed was just so impressive.

if Hombsch returned we'd probably see Howard play second ruck/def more with Trengove leaving.
Frampton should be in the side round 1 next year to play 2nd ruck/fwd.

IMO Frampton is the reason we're not afraid to lose Jacko, because we know Frampton will replace him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Libba and Dahlhaus are also considering leaving the kennel I don't think I would want libba at the club but Dahlhaus I think would be a great addition and would be the perfect person to ply the impey role right now

Only one year left on his contract would prob have to give up a fair bit to get him over but

neade is Amon with half the touches , half the run and carry , half the kicking , half the height and weight , and twice as many miskicks , gets caught htb twice as often.

The only thing Neade has over Amon is the old run away from opponents just to run around in circles until you turn it over move. If we are looking for more of that sure. Otherwise Amon >>>>>>daylight>>>>>>>>>Neade

You have no ******* idea.
None at all.
Nothing.

Hearing Libba and Dahlhaus are also considering leaving the kennel I don't think I would want libba at the club but Dahlhaus I think would be a great addition and would be the perfect person to ply the impey role right now

Only one year left on his contract would prob have to give up a fair bit to get him over but
Trengove/Dahlhaus swap?

I'm a big fan of Dahlhaus. Would be a huge upgrade on the guys we are trying to play in his role right now. Is only 25 which I though he was older. Would possibly cost too much though. I don't want to give up picks this year or next though so makes it hard, also Luke is a free agent next season.

You have no ******* idea.
None at all.
Nothing.

I have no idea ??? Cmon let's examine this

Neade. Midget who has not improved one bit since he came to the club despite the club gifting him over 50 games

Amon. Had to work his way into the side. Has steadily improved every year. Statically raising every measure. his stats even got better literally month by month.

Neade. Struggles to kick more than 30m

Amon. Can kick twice that.

Neade. Misses targets with the ball more often than not. It doesn't matter if it's a handball to someone 2ms away or a kick to someone 20ms away it doesn't come off more than 15% of the time

Amon. Can hit a target over 50m on the chest or blaze it out on the full. Great kick , lacking in consistency.

Neade. Wins the ball runs away from opponent only to run into trouble. Textbook rodan type runner. His metres carried is probably 150mtrs less if you discount running around in circles.

Amon. Has skates on. Gets the ball runs , carries and kicks.

Neade. Dropped from the side, we don't miss him at all.

Amon. Misses a few games and we struggle.

The only thing Neade has over Amon is forward pressure , which most of the time doesn't equate to much and goal kicking and even by that measure Neade is failing. Neade had like 2 passable games this year.

I'm not even sure how they are comparable. One is a ball carrying long kicking wingman, the other a midget pressure small forward.

If anyone thinks we don't need Rockliff, they need to look at the savage beating Mitchell and Priddis gave our mids on Saturday night. He's not a super damaging player but he'll keep finding the ball when the rest of our mids go to water

Rockliff himself isn't damaging but Rockliff's presence in our midfield will make Wingard, Gray, Polec, SPP, Motlop(?) more damaging.

I have no idea ??? Cmon let's examine this

Neade. Midget who has not improved one bit since he came to the club despite the club gifting him over 50 games

Amon. Had to work his way into the side. Has steadily improved every year. Statically raising every measure. his stats even got better literally month by month.

Neade. Struggles to kick more than 30m

Amon. Can kick twice that.

Neade. Misses targets with the ball more often than not. It doesn't matter if it's a handball to someone 2ms away or a kick to someone 20ms away it doesn't come off more than 15% of the time

Amon. Can hit a target over 50m on the chest or blaze it out on the full. Great kick , lacking in consistency.

Neade. Wins the ball runs away from opponent only to run into trouble. Textbook rodan type runner. His metres carried is probably 150mtrs less if you discount running around in circles.

Amon. Has skates on. Gets the ball runs , carries and kicks.

Neade. Dropped from the side, we don't miss him at all.

Amon. Misses a few games and we struggle.

The only thing Neade has over Amon is forward pressure , which most of the time doesn't equate to much and goal kicking and even by that measure Neade is failing. Neade had like 2 passable games this year.

I'm not even sure how they are comparable. One is a ball carrying long kicking wingman, the other a midget pressure small forward.

They're 2 different players in 2 different positions.

Ide argue Neade has had more impact on the side since his inclusion than what Amon has.

Would Neade deliver in Amons role?

Doubtful.

Would Amon deliver the same in Neades role?

Also doubtful.

Your post basically declared Neade a waste of space. This is not the case and since his inclusion late this year, he has made a place for himself.

they are not comparable as they are 2 different player.

Compare Amon to Polec.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back