News Membership/Finals ticketing

Remove this Banner Ad

elephant.gif

Has everyone got an email? Not sure we have yet. However I called them later querying the fact I didn't get an email. She said she wasn't sure they were doing emails but they definitely had my order (3 priority 1 inc standing room) and she gave me the same ticket account number that I got given earlier. And the order history in our account says the same. But no email. Maybe cause I ordered in the phone or because we changed the order? Is it stupid that I'm worried cause no email!?
I got a confirmation email but I did mine on-line.

I have a friend who has been desperate for a gold membership barcode. She reckons she managed to get one this morning from a friend's aunt.
However she's technically not sure if it's gold. Seems to good to be true. She registered around 10am would it have let her if it wasn't gold?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

I have a friend who has been desperate for a gold membership barcode. She reckons she managed to get one this morning from a friend's aunt.
However she's technically not sure if it's gold. Seems to good to be true. She registered around 10am would it have let her if it wasn't gold?

I doubt it would have

I called them. They definitely have the order. Think it's just a glitch that we didn't get the email due to the initial order and then the change.

Has everyone got an email? Not sure we have yet. However I called them later querying the fact I didn't get an email. She said she wasn't sure they were doing emails but they definitely had my order (3 priority 1 inc standing room) and she gave me the same ticket account number that I got given earlier. And the order history in our account says the same. But no email. Maybe cause I ordered in the phone or because we changed the order? Is it stupid that I'm worried cause no email!?

Missus gets an email, but I don't. Ironically, she's a Port supporter. When I called on Monday I was told that I was on the 'do not disturb' list. This was resolved on the phone and I got my barcode over the phone. That evening our letters from the club arrived simultaneously. No problem, I registered today and apart from a Ticketek page telling me my payment page had lost connection, all was good. But, I didn't get the email reminding me of today's registration that the missus got, so I don't think my initial issue has been resolved. Not that it matters, but this is the second time this issue has been corrected and I'm not sure it has. Did I mention that the ball and chain is a port supporter and she get the emails?

I doubt it would have

It wouldn't have. My screen crapped the sads after the payment process. It implied that the process had failed to complete. So I diligently (desperately), despite being very busy, started again and I got an error message because the barcode had already been used. And that the other was invalid. I'd presume one of those to to be an error on my behalf. I then thought it might be worthwhile checking the 'my account' section on Ticketek. There I found that I have 2 tickets in the Cat 1 raffle for GF day and 2 for Midnight Oil in Alice Springs on the Monday that we fly back in. Busy weekend plus change.

Well I know 2 families who cant afford gold memberships, so some have silver and some gold. There isnt a way to get Gold member seats and silver ballot seats together. Thats how.
To be fair, that's a fairly significant obstacle for them to override how the ballot works? Logistically I am not sure how it could be expected for them to be able to do that? It would mean serving a seat next to the gold member until/IF the silver member gets a ticket, therefore not allowing the other gold members this potentially "Best Available" ticket? Its just not possible. It would kind of be upgrading a Silver to a Gold in reality? Think of many others that would also do this and you start the see the impossible nature of it.

It wouldn't have. My screen crapped the sads after the payment process. It implied that the process had failed to complete. So I diligently (desperately), despite being very busy, started again and I got an error message because the barcode had already been used. And that the other was invalid. I'd presume one of those to to be an error on my behalf. I then thought it might be worthwhile checking the 'my account' section on Ticketek. There I found that I have 2 tickets in the Cat 1 raffle for GF day and 2 for Midnight Oil in Alice Springs on the Monday that we fly back in. Busy weekend plus change.
My nephew the wally thought he had to register and didn't realise I was registering our group, lucky for him I got in first otherwise he was about 5 mins away from going to the GF by himself.

To be fair, that's a fairly significant obstacle for them to override how the ballot works? Logistically I am not sure how it could be expected for them to be able to do that? It would mean serving a seat next to the gold member until/IF the silver member gets a ticket, therefore not allowing the other gold members this potentially "Best Available" ticket? Its just not possible. It would kind of be upgrading a Silver to a Gold in reality? Think of many others that would also do this and you start the see the impossible nature of it.

I figured a viable system could be that gold members register their interest, and get sent a ticket code. Silvers who win the ballot are also sent a ticket code. Then, everyone confirms their ticket by entering the ticket codes online in groups with the people they want to sit with, and their ticketing program deals out the seats so people can sit with their family members and friends.

I guess it would make it a two stage process which would be tricky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I figured a viable system could be that gold members register their interest, and get sent a ticket code. Silvers who win the ballot are also sent a ticket code. Then, everyone confirms their ticket by entering the ticket codes online in groups with the people they want to sit with, and their ticketing program deals out the seats so people can sit with their family members and friends.

See, that would then annoy everyone else who has done this the way its supposed to work, i for one would be pissed off if they changed it to help Silver and I had to then go through a 2 step process, I might forget or something and lose my ticket? Gold has its benefits for a reason and Silver the benefits also for a reason, understand your upset by it but there really is no issue with the process at all. I go to games on my own all the time, I have a season ticket at Adelaide but live on the GC, it's not that bad. I'll be at GF on my own if we make it and Prelim I am, I like it, you concentrate on the game more anyway.

See, that would then annoy everyone else who has done this the way its supposed to work, i for one would be pissed off if they changed it to help Silver and I had to then go through a 2 step process, I might forget or something and lose my ticket? Gold has its benefits for a reason and Silver the benefits also for a reason, understand your upset by it but there really is no issue with the process at all. I go to games on my own all the time, I have a season ticket at Adelaide but live on the GC, it's not that bad. I'll be at GF on my own if we make it and Prelim I am, I like it, you concentrate on the game more anyway.
Will be sitting on my own for the gf if we make it. I took a gamble getting a "johnny come lately" gold upgrade. Mate of mine did not take that risk. I will just get on the beers and annoy the crows supporters next to me

That isn't bad though, that is working as intended, it would be bad if you could do that.

I guess the point is that if the sliver ends up getting tickets via the ballot, the fact that they can't sit together is poor. It's a fair leap though considering that they can only differentiate between standing and sitting in terms of seat acceptance. I can't see how they'd be able to run two ballots simultaneously. If they can, I doubt they're inclined given the seating options.

It's not logistically that difficult. As of 1pm they knew how many tickets were going to Cat 2, run their ballot to determine who gets seats, not type of seat and then if their number comes up it would be added to the gold member registrations that they linked themselves to. If the number doesn't come up the link drops off for the seat allocation run.

I have a feeling im going to get similar. Been a gold member for years, i can just see some of my mates who are Cat 2 getting decent seats and i'll be stuck standing.

Too many fingers in the pie when it comes to ticketing these days.

I'm doing my bit Crows. Do yours. ffs

That wont happen because all priority one are allocated first and whats left go to priority 2 in the ballot

No more tricky than a 1 step process.

Will be sitting on my own for the gf if we make it. I took a gamble getting a "johnny come lately" gold upgrade. Mate of mine did not take that risk. I will just get on the beers and annoy the crows supporters next to me
Same here!
Fingers crossed we make it, got in the day before golds sold out.

It's still a one step process for you. The balloting of Cat 2 happens in the background. You don't experience any difference at all.

I'm gold member and only picked seating. Read this and shat myself, tried to ring Tikitek to change it to sitting/standing but it was too late. Then rang the crows member line, explained the situation and asked if I could change to both sit/stand, and they said don't worry, gold guaranteed a seat. I even asked if hypothetically all gold members asked for a seat only would there be enough and she said yes. She said the standing disclaimer was only for sliver members. She seemed pretty certain, but 1% of me is still shitting it. I didn't want to change it and go into ballot 2.

This! I ignored the advice too and instantly regretted it. Fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back