Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton on RSN breakfast .
As expected , gave 30 minutes of absolutely nothing .
Times sure have changed at the CFC from Rogers telling all and sundry our comings and goings ...
A drinking game based on standard Bolton responses to interview questions could put you into a drunken stupor very quickly.

Times sure have changed at the CFC from Rogers telling all and sundry our comings and goings ...

Bring back Rogers!

I miss the days of our employees telling everyone we're looking to get rid of certain players and therefore get basically nothing for them.
And not being able to trade pick 11 for McLean fast enough.

Bring back Rogers!

I miss the days of our employees telling everyone we're looking to get rid of certain players and therefore get basically nothing for them.
And not being able to trade pick 11 for McLean fast enough.
ha ha. So on the mark.
Laidler, Betts, Waite, Robinson, Garlett all gone for virtually nothing.
Great work Rogers and Hughes.
Must have been great interview with Bootsma too, to determine quality of his character, before they drafted him ..:rolleyes:

ha ha. So on the mark.
Laidler, Betts, Waite, Robinson, Garlett all gone for virtually nothing.
Great work Rogers and Hughes.
Must have been great interview with Bootsma too, to determine quality of his character, before they drafted him ..:rolleyes:
For all the faults that Hughes and Rogers had, I am not sure you can blame them for the poor return for outgoing players or the trading.

For all the faults that Hughes and Rogers had, I am not sure you can blame them for the poor return for outgoing players or the trading.
:eek: Serious? I don't 100% blame them in the Malthouse era but Kane Lucas over Talia when Talia was there for the taking FFS... Unforgivable.
Yeah, I'm sure they had a strategy - Just not for the betterment of the Team.

:eek: Serious? I don't 100% blame them in the Malthouse era but Kane Lucas over Talia when Talia was there for the taking FFS... Unforgivable.
Yeah, I'm sure they had a strategy - Just not for the betterment of the Team.
There is no doubt the that poor choices on incoming players like Menzel, Lucas, Watson,Boots left the club in the position it is now in, Trading out players for nothing and over paying for McLean is on McKay and the Coaches

You're kidding? Best interview he's given I reckon. Very open and didn't go on with the usual rhetoric (apart from 1 'Reset')...

Things I gleaned from it;
  • Draft focus: Ball-winners for Contested Possession - suggested a strong focus on Inside Mids
  • Reconfirmed that they would Draft 'Young Talent' and be open to trading for 'Young Talent' only - with the exception of Trading in older players 'If they have good Leadership Qualities' (These first two points I read as heavily suggesting we will get Rockliff if we can get a good deal)
  • Elaborated on the Whole Gibbs scenario - said that he is under contract and definitely a wanted player has no issues within the club, last year was about getting back around family for convenience, but loves CFC and is happy here. Same thing suggested about this years exit interview.
  • Said he definitely wanted Daisy to Play on - just a matter of getting his contract details finalized with his manager
  • Gave a good insight on the Young Player development - Less focus on training load during the week and more of a focus on getting real Game-time into them to 'Mentally Toughen' them as quick as possible (Bartel was impressed with this strategy)
  • Said that Liam Jones' speedy development in Defense was a surprise , but developing swingmen was a focus, just that they would spent weeks in the same position (at either end) whilst still young and developing (eg. Weitering) rather than changing every week as needed
  • Said the Exec Footy dept regularly had open discussions about developments in the club. (Nothing about Trigg Leaving)
  • Endorsed JB for GC coaching position.
There were a lot of little insightful 'tid bits' also.

You're kidding? Best interview he's given I reckon. Very open and didn't go on with the usual rhetoric (apart from 1 'Reset')...

Things I gleaned from it;
  • Draft focus: Ball-winners for Contested Possession - suggested a strong focus on Inside Mids
  • Reconfirmed that they would Draft 'Young Talent' and be open to trading for 'Young Talent' only - with the exception of Trading in older players 'If they have good Leadership Qualities' (These first two points I read as heavily suggesting we will get Rockliff if we can get a good deal)
  • Elaborated on the Whole Gibbs scenario - said that he is under contract and definitely a wanted player has no issues within the club, last year was about getting back around family for convenience, but loves CFC and is happy here. Same thing suggested about this years exit interview.
  • Said he definitely wanted Daisy to Play on - just a matter of getting his contract details finalized with his manager
  • Gave a good insight on the Young Player development - Less focus on training load during the week and more of a focus on getting real Game-time into them to 'Mentally Toughen' them as quick as possible (Bartel was impressed with this strategy)
  • Said that Liam Jones' speedy development in Defense was a surprise , but developing swingmen was a focus, just that they would spent weeks in the same position (at either end) whilst still young and developing (eg. Weitering) rather than changing every week as needed
  • Said the Exec Footy dept regularly had open discussions about developments in the club. (Nothing about Trigg Leaving)

Yep ,
That's what he said all right ... nothing new !!

Best thing from the lot. Sounds easy enough, but we saw that in the way Bolton handled Weitering.
Bad habits compound and then spread. Confident Bolton can keep things in check here.

"Liam had a Growth Mindset" I like the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back