Remove this Banner Ad

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looking forward to the series.

David Saker to coach, Boof on holiday.

The Stoin has put himself in the mix after the tour game, sporting a handy 96 average in the format.

LOL the only thing Saker was ever good at was getting smacked all over the park by Ryan Campbell.

Doubt we will win a game, we were scoring 350+ a few years ago in india and they were chasing it down with ease so with starc and hazlewood out we might even need 400 to be in business.

Smith warner and cummins not getting injured is really all we can get out of this series.

Zero fks given about this series. Will we win a game?
that's pretty much how I feel about any ODI series results except the world cup. Individual performances are auditions to the only time it matters; but win or lose, who gives a toss, outside WC 50 and 20 over games are basically exhibition matches with paycheques.

that's pretty much how I feel about any ODI series results except the world cup. Individual performances are auditions to the only time it matters; but win or lose, who gives a toss, outside WC 50 and 20 over games are basically exhibition matches with paycheques.
I think ODIs aren't the event that they used to be in Australia, you'd remember when the B&H WSC held an important place in the country's heart, now they can barely give away tickets to games sometimes.

I think ODIs aren't the event that they used to be in Australia, you'd remember when the B&H WSC held an important place in the country's heart, now they can barely give away tickets to games sometimes.

Yeah in hindsight it probably jumped the shark the year they included Australia A in the comp

I think there's a few reasons for that:

Live against the gate didn't happen in the hosting city for half the game back then. That was late 90s or early 2000s.

The tri-series added variety that a 5-7 match series doesn't manage. But ACB/CA wantd to rid themselves of the non-Australia games. (Personally, I don't agree with the concept of "limited overs only" tours so I'm not sad about the end of tri-series)

The rise of T20 in the last decade and especially since the move from state based Big Bash to the BBL with cheap tickets. 3.5 hours with the kids for $40 is easier than 8 hours for $150.

Doubt we will win a game, we were scoring 350+ a few years ago in india and they were chasing it down with ease so with starc and hazlewood out we might even need 400 to be in business.

Smith warner and cummins not getting injured is really all we can get out of this series.
Well the last series was 3-2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably the best odi series you can fixture.

The negativity sums some people up.

Well clearly more needs to be done to make these series interesting. Australia vs India should be a big occasion yet a series against Bangladesh was far more anticipated and engrossing for most serious cricket fans.

India admit that they don't take the results of these series too seriously and they're just trying to rotate 20 or so players who are in their plans for the next World Cup. How can it be exciting what basically boils down to practice games?

The main problem for me is that ODIs have become longer t20s for the most part which shouldn't be the case. If they were played on pitches resembling day 4/5 of a good test wicket instead of roads where 200-220 were par and meant it opened selection up to players closer to Test class instead of mostly t20 players it would feel more unique and interesting.

The skill gap between big and small countries is also getting out of handbag as well. Most of the big ODI guys play in t20 leagues around the world and they've gained a lot from it. Teams in transition like Sri Lanka don't have the players anymore who gain traction to do any of that so the void is only going to get bigger. Can't see ODI cricket existing in a coupe of decades if they continue to do it the way they are.

This is probably the best odi series you can fixture.

The negativity sums some people up.

100% agree

I'm looking forward to this

Great to see NCN back in the fold.

To be honest the people who complain about ODI's are being boring are more boring than the ODI's themselves. Still retain an integral component of the sport. Have seen improvements in scheduling over past couple of years to make them more meaningful (agree that there was a problem in previous years where there were too many zero-context bilateral series) so I think administrators are on way to finding a nice balance.

To be honest the people who complain about ODI's are being boring are more boring than the ODI's themselves. Still retain an integral component of the sport. Have seen improvements in scheduling over past couple of years to make them more meaningful (agree that there was a problem in previous years where there were too many zero-context bilateral series) so I think administrators are on way to finding a nice balance.

Its just disappointing that the Bangladesh test series gets left at 1-1 with no decider. Especially since the teams hadn't played a test series for 10 years prior. Australia isn't exactly crying out for more games against India either.

Small grounds and roads also make it predictable that 350 + will be par. Looking forward to plenty of commentators say that's a < Insert series sponsor> MAXIMUM SIX!!!

I agree with your point generally and I do like having cricket to watch but how exactly does one get hyped for a series that CA quite clearly doesn't give a s**t about?

Lehmann isn't even there. Cummins will probably get brought back home mid series and there are two guys in our batting lineup who really don't belong in ODI colours (Handscomb and Stoinis).

If cricket authorities want people to respect ODI cricket more than they can start respect it themselves.

Ayyy Coulter-Nile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back