List Mgmt. 2017 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Smith and Kennedy the two main OOC players it would seem. Can see us losing Smith now. Kennedy will be interesting. TBH losing Smith is going to hurt as a supporter from day one, but it is pragmatically an ok outcome. I mean that in the sense of list age spread for us.

BTW the main trade threads on Lachie and Kelly are a blast.
You can smell the salt :p

Ok.

1 - Still nothing official. So no hopes up from me yet. Though im smiling at work a bit more.
2. Just spent time reading that North Josh thread. Wow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's done mate, Gerard Whateley woudnt run with it if he wasn't 100% sure, he's not like Shane Crawford, Plough and Kingy!

and-now-we-wait-15659330.png

14. Jack Higgins (VIC)

Best position: General forward/outside midfield
Height, weight: 178cm, 76kg
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Projected draft range: first round
Similar to: Lewis Taylor
July Ranking: 12
Rationale: Continuing to perform both as a midfielder and forward to a high level. Only drops slightly with the rises of Naughton and Clavarino.
Strengths:
One touch at ground level
Natural crumbing forward
Kicking skills on both sides of the body
Goal sense
Lowers his eyes and hits forward 50m targets
Plays taller than his height with his overhead marking
Capable one-on-one mark
Tackling pressure
Plays well as forward or midfielder
Production
Leap
Agility
Endurance
Work rate
Work ethic
Consistent performer
Weaknesses:
Impact per possession low as midfielder

This is the great Knightmare's assessment of Jack Higgins. Sounds like the prototype of what we need! Get him Cambo!!

14. Jack Higgins (VIC)

Best position: General forward/outside midfield
Height, weight: 178cm, 76kg
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Projected draft range: first round
Similar to: Lewis Taylor
July Ranking: 12
Rationale: Continuing to perform both as a midfielder and forward to a high level. Only drops slightly with the rises of Naughton and Clavarino.
Strengths:
One touch at ground level
Natural crumbing forward
Kicking skills on both sides of the body
Goal sense
Lowers his eyes and hits forward 50m targets
Plays taller than his height with his overhead marking
Capable one-on-one mark
Tackling pressure
Plays well as forward or midfielder
Production
Leap
Agility
Endurance
Work rate
Work ethic
Consistent performer
Weaknesses:
Impact per possession low as midfielder

This is the great Knightmare's assessment of Jack Higgins. Sounds like the prototype of what we need! Get him Cambo!!

Highlighted & starred in my keeper draft league plans for a few months now, looks a beast

Yep, agree, really like the look of him. Commentary that he has a great work ethic and has put in tremendous & meticulous effort in developing and preparing himself. Also, a little Toby Greene-like: so why wouldn't we want two of Toby?! Don't know how we get him, and think he'll go a touch higher than 14 anyway.

The other I really like is Nicholas Coffield for his run out of defence, thinking about a replacement for say Heath Shaw in a year or so.

Any concerns that Vic Metro boys are more a flight risk?
It's about doing your homework with the player and family to inform the likelihood of adjustment going well. Every now and then, despite everyone's best intentions, homesickness becomes an issue. The bigger issue for most is $$. The final draw is the fame and attention one gets in the traditional AFL States. Can only think of one of our boys wanting that....looking at you Adz!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about doing your homework with the player and family to inform the likelihood of adjustment going well. Every now and then, despite everyone's best intentions, homesickness becomes an issue. The bigger issue for most is $$. The final draw is the fame and attention one gets in the traditional AFL States. Can only think of one of our boys wanting that....looking at you Adz!

Got me self some popcorn reading the last page of the North Josh thread.

So the AFL are helping us keep him and its us doing all the leaks.

Of course it would make more sense that its North as they have been leaking since March this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Some of that it actually funny :)

Lolnorf. No one wants to go there.

It's always great to see players wanting to stay at their club!

Good news. After reading the ramblings of Nth supporters in the Martin and Kelly threads on the draft and trading board, I was hoping he'd re-sign with you blokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back