Black Caviar vs Winx vs Makybe Diva

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't know much about horses. I know you campaigners are mad into it and know a s**t load about horses. How do these stack up against each other, and if all 3 were to race off in the big 3 over here Caufield, Cox and Melbourne Cup, what would transpire. Or should I say, what would be LIKELY to transpire.

I'm just more interested in your opinion into the great trio.

no s**t it's a hypothetical.

I don't know much about horses. I know you campaigners are mad into it and know a s**t load about horses. How do these stack up against each other, and if all 3 were to race off in the big 3 over here Caufield, Cox and Melbourne Cup, what would transpire. Or should I say, what would be LIKELY to transpire.

I'm just more interested in your opinion into the great trio.

no s**t it's a hypothetical.

I'll bite.

Black Caviar wins none, as she was a sprinter. Ran a max distance of 1400m.
Winx wins the Cox Plate under WFA conditions. (2000m)
The Caulfield Cup being a handicap would probably suits Makybe Diva, but wouldn't rule out Winx completely. (2400m)
Makybe Diva wins the Melbourne Cup by default as no-one knows if Winx can stay that far, and the Diva won 3 of them. (3200m)

Ones a stayer, ones a sprinter and ones an in between so impossible to line them up in a specific race

Melbourne Cup: Diva > Winx > BC
Caulfield Cup/Cox Plate: Winx > Diva > BC

As for just pure ability

BC = Winx >>>> Diva

At a pinch you could try at a mile, but I have no idea what would happen. Caviar would probably lead, Winx would grab her at the 200, Makybe would hit the line and battle out 3rd with Caviar.

My best guess.

cheers. What do you know about American Pharoah and how would that stack up against this lot?

cheers. What do you know about American Pharoah and how would that stack up against this lot?

On turf with no drugs over 2400 or 3200m I would legitimately expect him to die during the race.

If it is just a 3 horse race over 1600m, BC probably wins easy. A sit and sprint affair suits her just fine over 1600m. A full field and Winx probably wins easily. Very hard to prove though.
not really. on a good track at Flemington at WFA i reckon BC could run about 1.33 Winx 1.33.5 and Makybe Diva 1.34.5 . a second equals 6 lengths. you dont have to make it difficult.

Winx would be our current top sprinter comfortably if she was trained for it IMO. I think she'd run 2 miles as well, but that one's more of a hunch. What a freak of nature.

There's a touch of rose-coloured glasses for me with BC though... the unbeaten factor plays strong with me, so maybe that's why I still have her narrowly ahead in my mind.

The Diva has her own place immortalised in history, but she's not in the conversation with these other 2 freaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winx is more versatile. Her unbeaten run is more impressive for mine, much harder to do it over varying distances especially over 1400m/1600m when she is aiming to peak over 2000m v Black Caviar who can be wound right up going into 1000-1200m races.

Winx is more versatile. Her unbeaten run is more impressive for mine, much harder to do it over varying distances especially over 1400m/1600m when she is aiming to peak over 2000m v Black Caviar who can be wound right up going into 1000-1200m races.
BC won over 1400 meters then a week later won over 1000, do not underestimate how hard that is to do. I dont think it has been done for a long time before and definately not done since.

BC won over 1400 meters then a week later won over 1000, do not underestimate how hard that is to do. I dont think it has been done for a long time before and definately not done since.

Yup - I think in the year she did that something like 50 horses across all classes had tried going 1400>1000 in Australia within a week and only about 2 had placed let alone won!

We quickly forget how dominant she was. Odds on EVERY start except her debut. Never longer than $1.18 after her first 10 starts. Only 3 wins in her last 15 by less than 2 lengths (one was Royal Ascot).

Don't forget Makybe won a Memsie, placed in a couple of Feehans and a Carlyon. Her record over 1400-1600 isn't as shoddy as we're making out.

Mind you, all of these races were very slowly run and the times are s**t. :D

Placed in a Carylon might be good enough if we were comparing her to the likes of Regal Roller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back