List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tabs plays the key forward role but will never be enough to stand with the key forwards of the day.

McCarthy, Kersten etc play the second fiddle roles and may one day be adequate second fiddles.

Let's look at the key forwards; Kennedy, Lynch, Riewoldt, Riewoldt/McCartin, Brown, Hawkins, Franklin, Patton, Hogan, Daniher, Waker, Dixon, Boyd, Roughhead. Tabener. Spot the odd one out. Its not his fault and we aren't blaming him but he won't be enough.

Brisbane, Western bulldogs, Collingwood, Hawks, Saints hardly have anything to right home about when it comes to key forwards. I just realized i listed most bottom 10 teams.

Brisbane, Western bulldogs, Collingwood, Hawks, Saints hardly have anything to right home about when it comes to key forwards. I just realized i listed most bottom 10 teams.
ohhhhhhhhh.............................................................................................................................. I see what you did there.

Pfft.. McCartin is 30% of the forward that Tabs is.

I know we have been saying it for the last couple of seasons but I truely believe Tabs is on the cusp of something special.

His last few AFL games were very solid and he's carried that into wafl finals, yes it's wafl but he dominating like an AFL forward should back there.

I will be seriously upset if we delist or he chooses to go back to Vic.

Throw this back in my face this time next year, but wherever he plays his footy next season it will be bloody good.

Sorry for intruding, but i think that kid has real potential. Don't understand why Kersten was picked over him all year. Could see him flourishing learning from someone like Kennedy.
Tabs should of got a game early in the season when Kersten was spudding it up but the only reason we're talking Tabs now is because he's had a half good season between Peel and the seniors. Prior to this he'd have one good game every five games and would make a lot of basic skill errors or bad decisions. He's a super athlete but consistency is poo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Harley is over his wrist injury and now only suffering from genuine homesickness then he should be in the sights of all the Melbourne based clubs, given that they would be getting a quality player for a bargain price. I have a feeling that he might be traded to St Kilda with a 3rd round pick for Blake Acres.
No chance

I truely believe Tabs is on the cusp of something special.

This as Gav56 referred is a gross over-estimation. I don't mind Tabs and hope he stays. I'm comfortable with him being offered 2-years. But something special, I think sadly you will continue to be disappointed.

I do wonder if Tabs could develop his ruck craft a bit more. Seems this pre-season he got involved in some ruck training. He was used in bits and pieces in WAFL but in the AFL his ruck work was pretty ordinary to be fair. If he can develop that he could be a more valuable foil for Sandi and Darcy.

Tabs' marking has certainly come on leaps and bounds from last season so that is the positive.

My opinion only, but I see no value in hanging onto Griffin and Zarke. We have Sandi, Darcy and then we can pinch hit with Apeness and Tabs. We also have Strdnica in reserve. Tabs is 199cm, as is Alex Pearce. If Darcy hadn't developed and shown as much promise as he had then yes I would hang onto one of them but I'm happy for those two to be delisted. We can always trade for another next year when Sandi retires.

Sorry for intruding, but i think that kid has real potential. Don't understand why Kersten was picked over him all year. Could see him flourishing learning from someone like Kennedy.

Kersten was backed in because our MC thought Geelong were joking when they said he was s**t after 5 years of trying to get something out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back