News Brad Scott Re-Signs. 2 year extention - OOC end of 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised at the level of disapproval at Scott's re-signing. Love the passion and way in which he promotes the club. Has the tools to rebuild a hard, successful team. We compete well, it's pace and flair we miss and have done for 15 years. Recruiting really needs to step up. Nick Dal Santo for example was not the answer! Given the right personnel, we should be back in finals where we belong in his 3rd year. Happy to give him the chance. There hasn't been any rumble of dissent among players that I know of?
Agree, recruiting is the obvious one. Nicky Del probably wasn't the right call - what about Waite and Gisberts and actually stating that we were in a premiership window when he recruited these players when we clearly knew we were nowhere near it. Now we seem to be paying for it
Josh Kelly is no certainty (although I'd say that many of our supporters say he is), what if it isn't? Player development has been historically slow under Brad Scott - are you expecting us to be knocking on the door of the 8 after 3 years or the top 4? Unlike the Blues, Pies, Bombers and Tigers of this world, not sure North can survive the competition pressure for being a cellar dweller for such an extended period with the threat of relocation and merger - the AFL have their own franchises to think about.

Yes, but most of those that are leaving are leaving on their own accord (end of terms etc). Nobody's forcing them out. So how do you read that?...nothing exciting on the North horizon?
It's called: being professional.

This isn't the WWE where we get Ben Buckley on the stage to call out Brad Green. Then when he's on stage Cunnington comes out of nowhere with chair and hits green over the head with it. And buckley shouts "YOU'RE FIRED" into a microphone while ziebell and tarrant drag him outside.

It's called: being professional.

This isn't the WWE where we get Ben Buckley on the stage to call out Brad Green. Then when he's on stage Cunnington comes out of nowhere with chair and hits green over the head with it. And buckley shouts "YOU'RE FIRED" into a microphone while ziebell and tarrant drag him outside.
I'd watch it.

BAH GAWD THATS CUNNINGTONS MUSIC

I don't sook. Simply point out areas of concern. You see I'm a true NMFC Fan and that's what we do. Want what's best for the club. Now you can sit back and bask in the mediocrity of Scotts tenure, "Not giving a s**t" if he is or isn't our coach". As you continue to post idiotic Cat Gifs and wanking on about being a Grumpy Old Fellow, which in itself indicates who the true whinger is, I will discuss all matters of importance regarding the NMFC and rattling a few cages in the process, including your own. :stern look

Some funny stuff in there :thumbsu:

"As you continue to post idiotic Cat GIFs".......lol

I thought Brad said there will be close to no changes (Crocker etc all stay)
Crocker isn't an assistant these days. Has been director of coaching for at least two years.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the weeks before he signed a number of people (myself included, but good, respected posters as well) said that his extension would make sense if it was to demonstrate stability and part of the deal of attracting Martin and/or Kelly to North.

Now it looks like neither of those players will be at North next season, or any time in the near future, for me this extension is a mistake. I fall short of calling it a disaster as I'm sure that Scott will keep as, at the very least, competitive and he's a good man manager, or 'players coach.' But, personally, I have no confidence in him building a team from scratch.

Also, now that neither are joining in makes the length of his remaining tenure awkward. The AFL is changing and the last couple of seasons has shown that any team can significantly improve from one season to another, but 3 years, on the face of it, doesn't appear long enough for the job required and by the end of his tenure we could well have a half-finished squad. Although, admittedly, I don't want him signed on any longer than that, particularly at this stage. If Kelly (which is obviously still a minuscule possibility) and/or Martin then a quick turnaround within that 3 years would have been feasible and, indeed, expected. Now, I'm not so sure that it's possible.

In the weeks before he signed a number of people (myself included, but good, respected posters as well) said that his extension would make sense if it was to demonstrate stability and part of the deal of attracting Martin and/or Kelly to North.

Now it looks like neither of those players will be at North next season, or any time in the near future, for me this extension is a mistake. I fall short of calling it a disaster as I'm sure that Scott will keep as, at the very least, competitive and he's a good man manager, or 'players coach.' But, personally, I have no confidence in him building a team from scratch.

Also, now that neither are joining in makes the length of his remaining tenure awkward. The AFL is changing and the last couple of seasons has shown that any team can significantly improve from one season to another, but 3 years, on the face of it, doesn't appear long enough for the job required and by the end of his tenure we could well have a half-finished squad. Although, admittedly, I don't want him signed on any longer than that, particularly at this stage. If Kelly (which is obviously still a minuscule possibility) and/or Martin then a quick turnaround within that 3 years would have been feasible and, indeed, expected. Now, I'm not so sure that it's possible.

I hope Scott knows that for the next few years, his sole aim is to develope youth and bring in young talent. At the end of that time if he is not our coach for the future then surely he will have left the place a more attractive proposition for a new coach or gun players.

We just started a rebuild so we have to expect some pain.

The worst thing he can do is not know where we are at and try a stop gap. Martin and Kelly together are not that. Martin on his own might have been.

Just need to nail these drafts.

Brad wasn't just signed because we thought we may get martin or Kelly . He has changed his approach the last eighteen months and has given the kids a go and the club believes he is good at that. If not he would have not been signed on. Rather have an experienced coach during a rebuild any day.

Brad wasn't just signed because we thought we may get martin or Kelly . He has changed his approach the last eighteen months and has given the kids a go and the club believes he is good at that. If not he would have not been signed on. Rather have an experienced coach during a rebuild any day.
Hogg wash . He is a stubborn prick just did it to save his job . Both Kelly And Martin didn't come to North because this clown is still there . The it movie is giving Clowns a bad name and not good for business but we still have our clown at North .

lol
lol
lol
hahahah
It will take a massive overhaul and at least 5 years to climb back from the havoc wreaked on the club by Scott and his sycophants
Is that you're crazy laugh or this can't get any worse for the club laugh ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back