No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anybody watched the Heritier Lumumba documentary last night on NITV. Have to say it was quite powerful. He was articulate and explained his situation. Can empathize with him. All wogs will understand what it was like growing up being the butt of the so called 'humor', and being ostracized for being different.....and we were white!

This Jake Stringer affair feels a little like the Mitch Robinson affair to me... granted, they're not comparable from a skill set perspective, and the Bulldogs will have to play hardball somewhat in order to get something in a trade for him, but, like us, I can't see how they can come out in the media saying the relationship between themselves and the player is broken, with all the innuendo surrounding this situation, and then expect to get anywhere near his value in a trade. This is how we talked about Robinson (sort of) and we got nothing as a consequence (when he was probably worth a decentish pick).

Last edited:
This Jake Stringer affair feels a little like the Mitch Robinson affair to me... granted, they're not comparable from a skill set perspective, and the Bulldogs will have to play hardball somewhat in order to get something in a trade for him, but, like us, I can't see how they can come out in the media saying the relationship between themselves and the player is broken, with all the innuendo surrounding this situation, and then expect to get anywhere near his value in a trade. This is how we talked about Robinson (sort of) and we got nothing as a consequence (when he was probably worth a decentish pick).

Difference is that Stringer still has a year to go on his contract. If they don't get the deal they want, Stringer will play out the year at the Dogs. They have already hinted at that.

I was djing at a bar in Port Douglas a few years back...a whole bunch of sporting greats from all Aussie sports (afl, nrl, boxing, cricket, swimming, tennis etc) and media rocked up quite inebriated late to party on, from what i understand they had all come from a FoxSports party...Archer was one of them...venue had hired me to play a certain style of music that Archer didn't like (despite the room pumping), kept coming up to me asking for Bon Jovi, Cold Chisel and AC/DC...I kept (politely) saying no to him. Despite me telling him that I wasnt to play that type of music I dont think he quite understood the meaning of 'no'...Don't think many have said it to him before as he would just keep standing their getting close and trying to stare me down...I honestly think he thought he could intimidate me by staring me down and I would buckle.
Must say I saw a lot that night from what are supposed 'legends of sport'...can't party for s**t! :rolleyes: Quite shameful really...I could quite easily expose and embarrass some of them.
I thought the customer was always right

Richmond seem like a textbook case of 'getting ahead of yourself' to me..

So much back slapping going on and every Richmond person interviewed is all smiles. Compare that to say the Swans and the vibe is totally different.

I can sense Richmond hearts are going to be broken yet again in the coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much back slapping going on and every Richmond person interviewed is all smiles. Compare that to say the Swans and the vibe is totally different.

I can sense Richmond hearts are going to be broken yet again in the coming weeks.
Will be laughing my t***ies off if your prediction comes to fruit ..

Correct me if I'm wrong but the customer in this instance is the venue employing the DJ to play the type of music they want to suit the ambience of their venue.
There was more than one customer. Can't change the music for the whole venue for one bloke, even if he is the "Shinboner of the Century".

You miss my point - the DJ's customer is the venue operator who is employing him.
Worked in venue's before. Music can be used to encourage the type of customer you want, smart ones don't change it based on who is the loudest/drunkest demanding their favourite song/s be played.

We win a couple of games and everybody loses their minds. Let them enjoy it. It has been 37 years since their last flag. Only been 22 since ours.:(

Correct me if I'm wrong but the customer in this instance is the venue employing the DJ to play the type of music they want to suit the ambience of their venue.

There was more than one customer. Can't change the music for the whole venue for one bloke, even if he is the "Shinboner of the Century".

You miss my point - the DJ's customer is the venue operator who is employing him.

Worked in venue's before. Music can be used to encourage the type of customer you want, smart ones don't change it based on who is the loudest/drunkest demanding their favourite song/s be played.

Can you guys stop agreeing with each other. This is not the place to do it. FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back