News Brad Scott Re-Signs. 2 year extention - OOC end of 2020.

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
Was there any truth to the assistant coach changes?
I can't find any news on it
If it wasn't true about Scott being coach next year it would be great because then all the assistant coaches would be gone to ..

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If it wasn't true about Scott being coach next year it would be great because then all the assistant coaches would be gone to ..
The sky isn't falling just yet champ. 12 months into a rebuild and we have blooded quite a few promising kids with pick 4 on the horizon and maybe a decent pick next year, if we manage to spend cap without bringing in talent to bring us to st kilda mediocrity without contention.

I would have preferred personally that Brad run out the last year of his contract before an extension but thats not where we are at, so the club has backed him in to develop what we have. Spilt milk and all that.

domiroo

Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
What a massive bungle by the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
******* catastrophic bungle . The Afl got what they wanted big time this clown to continue as coach and no Martin or Kelly . But I will still be cheering the Roos on . I hope Scott becomes the ring Master and does away with the clown suit :)

domiroo

Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The sky isn't falling just yet champ. 12 months into a rebuild and we have blooded quite a few promising kids with pick 4 on the horizon and maybe a decent pick next year, if we manage to spend cap without bringing in talent to bring us to st kilda mediocrity without contention.

I would have preferred personally that Brad run out the last year of his contract before an extension but thats not where we are at, so the club has backed him in to develop what we have. Spilt milk and all that.
Haha Champ been through the 80s and 90s but to keep a coach who has gone backwards is just plain stupid a rebuild is the whole team from players to coach . When Barassi come in instant success then lean years until Pagan , now this guys still here longer than our 2 most successful coaches . I ask the question why ???

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha Champ been through the 80s and 90s but to keep a coach who has gone backwards is just plain stupid a rebuild is the whole team from players to coach . When Barassi come in instant success then lean years until Pagan , now this guys still here longer than our 2 most successful coaches . I ask the question why ???
I think you are missing my point.

But anyway, you can have your negativity. I'll see how we go, hopefully without brad green anywhere near the club.

Spitta09

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With two middle placed finishings Scott scrapped his way to two prelims and argubly shouldnt have made it in 2015 due to a depleted Sydney outfit rolling over. Followed by a side going from 1st to 8th and getting spanked by 60 pts in a final and then 2017 we could have easily been wooden spooners had Bris not tanked.

What a ridiculous decision to re-sign him when he still has a year on his contract. Is there a boys club at the top, or was it the fact that he was off to Gold Coast next year and we had no one else better lined up?

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since Brads has got 3 years to go, he better maul these blokes when they get back from preseason.
Time to get tough.
Bottom 4 finish and all, * whats happening off field. I expect everyone from Marley to Brown to appear well conditioned and raring to go for day 1 of preseason.

Its up to them what type of year 2018 is.

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can anyone give a good reason the club gave him a new contract?

I honestly can't think of anything apart from maybe there was no one else to replace him?

Since Brads has got 3 years to go, he better maul these blokes when they get back from preseason.
Time to get tough.
Bottom 4 finish and all, **** whats happening off field. I expect everyone from Marley to Brown to appear well conditioned and raring to go for day 1 of preseason.

Its up to them what type of year 2018 is.

From memory we were a bit walking wounded over the 16-17 pre season - that ends up leaving too little to too few.

From memory we were a bit walking wounded over the 16-17 pre season - that ends up leaving too little to too few.
I would aim for the bulk of the list to do most of the work even leading into Christmas.
January is the month that concerns me leading into NAB Challenge as blokes up the ante and push for spots.
Go hard and go early.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ishchenko will be a big loss.

Our defense has been a shambles for the last 2 season and half so I don't think Green will be a big loss.

I reckon the back half has held up unbelievably well considering how shite our midfield has been. Either way i'm not fussed Green is going.

I want somebody from a good system to join us as well as somebody recently out of the game.

Back