List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for intruding, but i think that kid has real potential. Don't understand why Kersten was picked over him all year. Could see him flourishing learning from someone like Kennedy.
Lyon was clearly trying to send him a message. Wanted him to have a block of good performances before being picked. Like many, Tabs is a confidence player, and when he is off he is terrible. We've also seen what he can do when he is on. I took great interest at him impotent the crows forward line looked without Tex against you guys. Just proves how important that position is. Simarlaly you would struggle big time without Kennedy.

Seriously hope we aren't actually trying to bring in all of Matera, Fasolo and Acres (or similar types). It's one thing (and normal) to have mediocre/depth players on your list because you drafted them, but getting more from other clubs? Don't like the strategy.

As for the "he'll only be on the average wage" argument ... it all adds up. Three average wage players would be about the same as 2 minimum wage draftees and a star. I'd much prefer the latter.

Seriously hope we aren't actually trying to bring in all of Matera, Fasolo and Acres (or similar types). It's one thing (and normal) to have mediocre/depth players on your list because you drafted them, but getting more from other clubs? Don't like the strategy.

As for the "he'll only be on the average wage" argument ... it all adds up. Three average wage players would be about the same as 2 minimum wage draftees and a star. I'd much prefer the latter.

We have 18 to 20 players to replace over the next 2 years, we can't replace them all through the draft.

I think we need to find at least 6 players via trades or free agency. With out a doubt, we will need to over pay for some of them to get them over but I think with our s**t list we should not be under any salary cap pressure.

Lol Hogan rumours again deal would be
Adel get- Freo first pick
Fre- Hogan
Melb- Lever

What do people think of trying to get Jake Spencer as a delisted free agent? Got delisted by Melbourne and played fairly well against us. Wouldn't be too bad an idea if we end up getting rid of both Clarke and Griffin.

Is pure ruckmen, can not really play forward so doubt he would come over cheaply just to play WAFL.

Secondly we already have Darcy, Sandi and Luke Strnadica so we have enough depth should we have injuries.

I don't think he will ever be in front of Darcy (won't be best 22) and I don't think we should bring in players that will never be best 22 while we are rebuilding.

By drafting him, it means we won't bring in a player like Kelly, Ryan or Garlett who could be best 22.

I've been there and you feel like you're in a well and the only way out is down. Fair play to him for opening up, especially today on R U OK Day. Sports in general has done a really good job on destigmatising mental health issues.
Can't agree more depression is one of the most debilitating condition, speaking from personal experience. The more people speak about it the better. Once treated it is very manageable but you can't treat if you don't acknowledge the problem exists. The Old harden up princess style of treatment doesn't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is pure ruckmen, can not really play forward so doubt he would come over cheaply just to play WAFL.

Secondly we already have Darcy, Sandi and Luke Strnadica so we have enough depth should we have injuries.

I don't think he will ever be in front of Darcy (won't be best 22) and I don't think we should bring in players that will never be best 22 while we are rebuilding.

By drafting him, it means we won't bring in a player like Kelly, Ryan or Garlett who could be best 22.

We are going to have to bring in a similar player at some point imo. End of next year is probably the year though. Darcy can never be relied upon to do a whole season by himself. Even Sandilands had Griffin and Clarke helping him out. Strnadica could work out but I doubt he's AFL standard in 2019.

On Spencer - he's played less than 30 games, is 26 and has had a lot of injuries over the journey. Who's to say he's not just a slightly better Zac Clarke - can be ok but never seems to be fully fit when we need him. Griffin and Clarke can't be trusted but neither can Spencer.

We are going to have to bring in a similar player at some point imo. End of next year is probably the year though. Darcy can never be relied upon to do a whole season by himself. Even Sandilands had Griffin and Clarke helping him out. Strnadica could work out but I doubt he's AFL standard in 2019.

On Spencer - he's played less than 30 games, is 26 and has had a lot of injuries over the journey. Who's to say he's not just a slightly better Zac Clarke - can be ok but never seems to be fully fit when we need him. Griffin and Clarke can't be trusted but neither can Spencer.

I am ok for signing a mature ruck next year if he is prepared to play WAFL for most of the year and only cover Darcy should he need a rest or get injured.
He must also be willing to play for minimum wage.
I would prefer to draft a ruck who can possibly play forward, with the hope he could turn into a player like Lobb.

2018 AFL Free Agents
Reece Conca
Scott Lycett - I thought he can play forward, but it looks like he is only really a main ruck. Am I wrong?
Jeremy McGovern
Neville Jetta

Who should we look at? I like Conca as depth only, Jetta and McGovern.

2018 AFL Free Agents
Reece Conca
Scott Lycett - I thought he can play forward, but it looks like he is only really a main ruck. Am I wrong?
Jeremy McGovern
Neville Jetta

Who should we look at? I like Conca as depth only, Jetta and McGovern.

McGovern won't come
Lycett won't come

Jetta - TARGET

Thoughts if the saints go after stringer could freo make a play for paddy mccartin? If they want Balic could be start
I don't want Paddy McCartin. Would prefer to target Bruce or Membrey but none of them are world beaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back