QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Palmy played well - and yep like most of us neutral supporters we were waiting for Labrador to click into gear. And - we were still waiting at the end.
Tigers looked a bit flat and as a result Palmy made them appear slow. Too many good players down on the day.
Think this will do the Tigers good and expect them to crush either side next week.

Will head down to Broady shortly - but expecting Morningside to get up.

Surfers,, why did u expect Morningside to win .. Broady more then outclassed them in the final home and away game , and the same applied on Sunday

This weekends prelim final .. will Labrador raise to their capable standards and belt Broadbeach ... or have the likes of Broadbeach and Palm Beach caught up to them .. ???? Guess we will see for starters this weekend hey ... I think it will be a great contest ..

Surfers,, why did u expect Morningside to win .. Broady more then outclassed them in the final home and away game , and the same applied on Sunday

Yep was wrong here stuyd
Arrived at qtr time and was impressed with the cats. A lot younger and thought siders would be too strong- great effort considering the outs.

Still sticking with Labrador this week

If Broady get through this weekends prelim I don't think they'll like the team waiting for them in the Grand Final....
#IrateLions#GoodLuck

If Broady get through this weekends prelim I don't think they'll like the team waiting for them in the Grand Final....
#IrateLions#GoodLuck

Absolutely disgraceful what they have done to a former player and captain of their club. There have been many clubs complain of their approach to the situation

Although they had the right to appeal its morally wrong. Looking ahead too much the cats. If they lose this weekend they will look like idiots. Either way they've lost all respect throughout the league

I must admit, I have to agree. Broady should of just left it alone, especially a player with his sort of record ,like he has never been reported in well over 200 senior games.

Absolutely disgraceful what they have done to a former player and captain of their club. There have been many clubs complain of their approach to the situation

Although they had the right to appeal its morally wrong. Looking ahead too much the cats. If they lose this weekend they will look like idiots. Either way they've lost all respect throughout the league

For those of us not close enough to QAFL circles to be in the know can you elaborate a little? Don't need names but what happened?

I must admit, I have to agree. Broady should of just left it alone, especially a player with his sort of record ,like he has never been reported in well over 200 senior games.

And a loyal servant at Broadbeach for 6 years. Stabbed on the back. Cats still bitter over losing the final 2 weeks ago

For those of us not close enough to QAFL circles to be in the know can you elaborate a little? Don't need names but what happened?

Derrick from pbc was referred to he tribunal for a sling tackle in the qualifying final 2 weeks ago. He was offered 3 weeks down to 2 with early guilty plea.

Pbc took it to the tribunal and pleaded guilty to the tackle but had 1 week cut off due to his exemplary playing record of having never been suspended on over 230 games.

Broady then decided to appeal the tribunal decision and last night won the appeal result in a 3 week suspension.

Derrick from pbc was referred to he tribunal for a sling tackle in the qualifying final 2 weeks ago. He was offered 3 weeks down to 2 with early guilty plea.

Pbc took it to the tribunal and pleaded guilty to the tackle but had 1 week cut off due to his exemplary playing record of having never been suspended on over 230 games.

Broady then decided to appeal the tribunal decision and last night won the appeal result in a 3 week suspension.

Thanks for the info, yep can understand the outrage then, on those facts it seems a pretty ordinary action from Broadbeach. Was a player badly injured as a result of the tackle?

Thanks for the info, yep can understand the outrage then, on those facts it seems a pretty ordinary action from Broadbeach. Was a player badly injured as a result of the tackle?

Was told on saturday he was still getting headaches and dizziness etc.

So he was given 2 weeks first up, then appealed to 1 week, then counter appealed to 3 weeks?
That seems a touch ambiguous - wasn't there a high profile lawyer involved as well.

Would love to know what the tribunal guidelines were throughout each hearing.

Yes unfortunately ... concussed and spent the night in hospital with selling and bruising to the brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is what usually happens with a heavy knock to the head. He missed last weeks game and not sure of his availabilty this week.
Reason I asked that was that I wonder if they would have taken the action they did if the player wasn't badly injured. Maybe an eye for an eye, so to speak, and to be seen standing up for their injured player. Still seems a little over the top to me, these things have a way of coming back and biting you, maybe best to just let it go and move on.

Which is what usually happens with a heavy knock to the head. He missed last weeks game and not sure of his availabilty this week.

Have just been informed the concussed player is still not well .... scans show he still has micro bleeding in the brain and is suffering bad headaches and dizzy spells and obviously wont take part in any more games this season.

The tackle was graded careless not intentional. So there was no malice in it.

Because of the ongoing concussion symptoms broady decided to appeal.

The disappointing part is that they went after a player who played 100 games for them and was on good terms with everyone at the club.

Either they are still bitter at losing the first final because of the questionable umpiring call, or they expect to play palmy in the grand final and don't want Derrick playing.

Outrageous

The tackle was graded careless not intentional. So there was no malice in it.

Because of the ongoing concussion symptoms broady decided to appeal.

The disappointing part is that they went after a player who played 100 games for them and was on good terms with everyone at the club.

Either they are still bitter at losing the first final because of the questionable umpiring call, or they expect to play palmy in the grand final and don't want Derrick playing.

Outrageous

Regardless whether the tackle was careless & no intentions of malice or not, wouldn't you agree a player found guilty should miss at least the same amount of games of the injured player?
If the Broadbeach player could potentially miss the Granny then so should JD's, that's fair in my book.

Regardless whether the tackle was careless & no intentions of malice or not, wouldn't you agree a player found guilty should miss at least the same amount of games of the injured player?
If the Broadbeach player could potentially miss the Granny then so should JD's, that's fair in my book.

This is ridiculous. Based on this nonsense, if the player got real bad news and told to not play contact sport again, should the tackler be banned for life? Punish the offence and not the results. I've seen blokes punch another player with intent, and the player who was punched play the next week. Does this mean the offender should get off because he hasn't missed any games?

this is rubbish for an non-malicious act

Very similar incident has just occurred in Div 1. Noosa player knocked out from roundarm high tackle in 2nd semi. Was not reported and cited by Noosa found guilty and given 1 week. Noosa appealed the leniency and won rubbing maroochydore lewis out for another 3. How they could get it so wrong in the 1st place is beyond me.
On another matter if Gold coast teams were representing 5 of the 6 gf teams on gf day and the game was played at Aspley, would there be an outcry? Me thinkin yes but thats exactly what has happened in Div 1 GF. Maroochydore in all 3 grades, Noosa in 2 and Aspley in 1 and the intelligent powers to be decide to play it at Yeronga. I suppose its no surprise as they usually manage to completely f#$% something up each yr!

This is ridiculous. Based on this nonsense, if the player got real bad news and told to not play contact sport again, should the tackler be banned for life? Punish the offence and not the results. I've seen blokes punch another player with intent, and the player who was punched play the next week. Does this mean the offender should get off because he hasn't missed any games?

If a player was informed they can't play again then you would use discretion to determine the suitable suspension.

The suspension should always be the greater time out, if u receive 2 weeks for a punch n the punched player returns 2 weeks or early then puncher returns in two weeks but if they punched player has a broken jaw for example n misses 6 games then so does the puncher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back