Opinion I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We throw the kitchen sink at Burgess, go hard at the trade table for Dixon and Ryder, have a stack of guys in their primes, and we're calling a home Elimination Final loss to 8th a pass.

Give me strength.

The season was a pass - not the final, the final was a fail.

<edit> removed some pointless crap - apologies

Last edited:
Don't be a moron. The season was a pass - not the final, the final was a fail.

Wait.

How can you possibly isolate finals from the season? The finals and premierships are why we ******* exist.

Wait.

How can you possibly isolate finals from the season? The finals and premierships are why we ******* exist.

No s**t. And 17 sides fail on that measure.

So it was a failure then? Right, glad we're on the same page.

No - clearly we aren't with respect to the purpose of this thread.
But theres no point bothering, your mind is made up. Enjoy watching the sky fall.

Wait.

Especially when we're wholly geared to a genuine premiership window. From top to bottom.

If we're talking about what a 'pass' is measured against the position the club found itself, the 2015-17 era should've resembled:

QF/SF (9th)
QF/SF (10th)
QF/SF (5th -> 7th)

And we're sat here listening to people massaging a week one exit to a mediocre team full of imminent retirees into a 'pass', while looking to hand the chief architect another 2 years + 1.

Breaking News: West Coast have admitted Luke Shoey contributed to Jared Polecs high tackle in the final seconds of last Saturdays Elimination Final against Port Adelaide. In an extraordinary demonstration of sportsmanship the Eagles have offered to forgo their spot in favour of Port Adelaide for this Saturdays Semi Final match against GWS.

Well...it has about as much hope of actually coming to fruition as some of the suggestions on here that someone other than Ken Hinkley will be coaching Port Adelaide in 2018.

So the AFL want Gold Coast to succeed and Mark Evans has been put in there to make sure it happens. The Gold Coast, to look for this success chase Ken, who apparently can't coach according to the naysayers. Seems in that case Gold Coast are doomed and the AFL are stupid.
Well let GC have him and prove those doubters wrong i say

Breaking news
Power is soon to renew negotiation with ken hinkley for a likely 2 year extension. This will take hinkley through to end of 2020.

This pro Hinkley, season was a pass, let's bury our heads in the sand bullshit is making me feel sick.

$1,000,000+ worth of tall salary sat idle, because one half of that figure is not AFL standard and the other half was shoehorned into a role he's barely capable of, against a finals opponent whose tall talent happens to be their strength.

Just one of those things, I guess #fourteenwinsthough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is staying, we will have no choice but to get behind him. It's going to be at the cost of memberships and game atmosphere though. At the very least we shouldn't be re-signing him until we see what happens next year.
Ok, they staked their hopes on Ken. It's the 'all our coaches are tied up, so no changes there' that really shits me. Is there anyone who wants all of Voss, Nicks, Hart, Hentschel still at the club next year? Anyone who'd want one of them, if we could offload at no cost?

If he is staying, we will have no choice but to get behind him. It's going to be at the cost of memberships and game atmosphere though. At the very least we shouldn't be re-signing him until we see what happens next year.
Nah F*** that. During the mad scientist Williams era I still supported my club but would not get behind Williams because he was the disease that was slowly killing my club (yeah come at me). We do not and should not have to fall into line because we have been given a leader that some of us no longer respect.

I used to trust and believe in Ken but he can't deliver us to what we want. He can't hang around hoping to jag in 10 years time.

I will never give up Port Adelaide but damned if i am going to nod yes to every bad decision they make.

$1,000,000+ worth of tall salary sat idle, because one half of that figure is not AFL standard and the other half was shoehorned into a role he's barely capable of, against a finals opponent whose tall talent happens to be their strength.

Just one of those things, I guess #fourteenwinsthough

It really is mind blowing the lengths we have gone to hamstring ourselves. And if that wasn't enough we have decided to play Russian roulette with our good foot.

Even if you didn't take into account Hawthorn, Sydney, GWS and the Bulldogs struggling, losing an elimination final is never, ever a pass in the middle of a bloody premiership window ffs

I'm sorry I thought this was the Port Board. It seems I've stumbled onto the St Kilda board.

7 News Adelaide FB page half an hour ago "It looks increasingly likely Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley will join the Suns after being offered a multi-million dollar 5-year deal."

No s**t. And 17 sides fail on that measure.

Sorry but is this for real?
I don't give two flying *s about any other club. We ******* failed hardcore. H/A season exists purely to get us a spot in finals. Finals exist to win. We failed ******* hardcore. There is no worming around this, or justification that will make me tolerate the absolute s**t dealt up against the Eagles. Every player, coach and staff member is responsible for that pathetic bullshit that made us lose.

Even if you didn't take into account Hawthorn, Sydney, GWS and the Bulldogs struggling, losing an elimination final is never, ever a pass in the middle of a bloody premiership window ffs

I'm sorry I thought this was the Port Board. It seems I've stumbled onto the St Kilda board.

No. St Kilda move on coaches after elimination final losses (delusions of grandeur?).

Sent from mTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back