Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Still my favourite sign I've seen at a Bruce concert in Oz, and there have been so many really good cheeky ones this tour. It was from late in the last song - Twist and Shout at the Hanging Rock 2 show in 2013 right at the end of that great tour which Bruce knew something special happened and he announced a new tour within 5 months. Hope he does it again soon.

upload_2017-2-25_20-56-23.png

Last edited:

Nothing really special in Auckland tonight to finish off the Down Under tour, although Backstreets he only played once before - Perth 3 show.

Start-time: 19:25PM,
  1. Darlington County
  2. Working on the Highway
  3. Glory Days
  4. Johnny 99
  5. Prove It All Night
  6. My Love Will Not Let You Down
  7. Out in the Street
  8. Hungry Heart
  9. My City of Ruins
  10. The River
  11. Youngstown
  12. American Skin
  13. The Promised Land
  14. Candy's Room
  15. Because the Night
  16. The Rising
  17. Badlands
  18. Rosalita Come Out tonight
  19. Backstreets
  20. Born to Run
  21. Dancing in the Dark
  22. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
  23. Shout
  24. Boby Jean
  25. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)
End-time: 10:19PM

Last edited:
There won't be another tour with the band for perhaps... ever.
I read that he said "See you next time" after the last Australian show and again tonight.

Also, after listening to a few interviews with him over the last few days I'm convinced he will continue to tour until he is physically unable to. Age is only a number.

I read that he said "See you next time" after the last Australian show and again tonight.

Also, after listening to a few interviews with him over the last few days I'm convinced he will continue to tour until he is physically unable to. Age is only a number.
Yes, he might tour again. But I doubt with the band. Gary, Nils and Jake all have solo stuff coming out/their own tours.

Great interview with the Mighty One.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ce-springsteen-health-scares-slipknot-w470361

Stoked to read he's feeling tip top, with more left in the tank each night, after the health traumas hes been through.

What also leapt out, was that he'd "heard" something other than The River tour was in the wind at the time, potentially solo.

And how much thump does Jay bring in that Radio Nowhere clip, wowee......!

A tweet asked Gary if he played on the same bill as Chuck Berry in one of Bruce's early bands. Gary thought he did in 1973 and this reply said he was right. I don't know what $5.50USD bought you in 1973 and was percentage of the average wage that was but was a bargain to watch Chuck, Jerry Lee Lewis and Bruce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://au.pinterest.com/pin/836121487039873159/

cd78b97f5af8080a4e5e7508240aca74.jpg

ElKor saved to Bruce Springsteen
Original ad for the Bonnie Raitt/Bruce Springsteen show that inspired Jon Landau to write that "I have seen the future of rock and roll, and its name is Bruce Springsteen."

This is currently near the bottom of front page of Backstreets News page.

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

top.jpg

"THIS IS UNCHARTED TERRITORY FOR BOTH OF US, BRUCE"
Tom Hanks and Bruce Springsteen, Tribeca Talks: Storytellers 4/28/17

Walking onto the stage to uproarious applause and a hearty dose of "Broooce"-ing, Tom Hanks and Bruce Springsteen sat down at the Beacon Theater on Friday evening as part of the Tribeca Film Festival's "Storytellers" session. With mock ostentation, Hanks unfurled a reasonably hefty sheaf of notes on the table next to him. He referred to his notes from time to time but, regrettably, did not make sufficient inroads into them during the course of what felt like the world's shortest one-hour conversation.

Celebrities interviewing other celebrities is the kind of scenario that usually sounds like a good idea but in practice rarely pans out. This conversation was an exception to that rule, as it was interesting, informed, and thoroughly enjoyable. Of course, Hanks and Springsteen are longtime friends, but the actor had several other things going for him that ensured his success. One, Hanks is a rabid rock 'n' roll fan (watch his induction of the Dave Clark Five into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame some time.) Two, while he came prepared with notes, he had the all-too-rare ability to listen to Bruce's answers and follow up, which caused Bruce to go off-script from his typical responses. Three, Hanks is, in many ways, more famous than Bruce Springsteen, and as such, he walked onto the stage with far more confidence than the most experienced writer would ever have. He was not cowed by his subject. Four, as a fan, Hanks definitely wanted answers to certain questions for his own satisfaction. He was not afraid to push Bruce — who, with no guitar to hide behind, spent most of the interview staring at his feet while he talked — and managed to surface a few small revelations.

Does anybody else feel like they've been injected with an enormous dose of energy when they hear the opening of Night? It's fervent, frenetic, energetic, intense, and you can barely catch your breath in this three minute odd rocker.

From that opening count into the furious, short and precise drum rolls, combined with Bruce's work on the guitar, Night takes you on a ride where you can barely catch your breath before it ends.

It's kinda like the rockier cousin of Born To Run, and its themes are very similar; liberation, freedom, running away, and of course, there's mention of a girl.

That imagery in the third verse is spectacular, and captures what the song is all about.

The perfect example of less is more working perfectly. Night is brilliantly intense and it more than justifies its inclusion on Born To Run.

At the end of it all, we can all relate to Night. We get up, go to work, and we're all hanging out for what follows. “You work nine to five and somehow you survive till the night".

Oh, and that person going absolute batshit crazy with enthusiasm right at the beginning? THAT my friends, is the pure essence of how it feels to be at a Springsteen concert and your favourite song has just begun.

Saw Caligula's Horse tonight

Spoke to Ian Kenny at the show afterwards Vooligan

Did you ask him when the Vool are getting their s**t together to release a new album?

Kenny’s a nice bloke. I’ve met him a couple of times too. :)

I did actually but he didn't give me a straight answer :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back