Who do you think will or want to win the 2017 flag?

Who will win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You realise this is just because you don't see how excited fans outside Victoria get and your media doesn't cover them, right?
I think I may have not made my point clear.
Not saying other fans are not excited. I know Adelaide and West Coast have big membership numbers too.

My pointis that the grand final is obviously played at the mcg and that Victoria has hundreds of thousands of members in the state. We have not seen too many vic v vic grand finals in the last 20 years. Imagine a collingwood v carlton.

Imagine a port v adelaide grand final played in South Australia. I think that would be a little more exciting too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own but it will invariably be an anti climax. Loved how the 2015 NRL grand final ended in golden point.
Lots of grand finals are anti-climactic. In 2010, we at least got a heart stopper before the anti climactic replay. Two grand finals is like two Christmases though; the second build-up, the scramble for entertainment; the added lols for the loser.

If a game ever ends with a golden point (congratulations, you missed, you win), I won't be happy.

Can't see Adelaide or Tigers getting through to the GF. The lack of match practise will kill them. Only reason Dogs won it last year

On the contrary. Our small young forward line just doesnt have the strength to play hard defensive footy with the extra physicality of finals, without taking a toll on them. The breaks have been good for them.

Lots of grand finals are anti-climactic. In 2010, we at least got a heart stopper before the anti climactic replay. Two grand finals is like two Christmases though; the second build-up, the scramble for entertainment; the added lols for the loser.

If a game ever ends with a golden point (congratulations, you missed, you win), I won't be happy.

Yep bit different to NRL golden point where it's a legitimate scoring play to win. Or soccer.

In AFL, it's just as likely to be a spoiled rushed behind from the goalsquare...not exactly a Leo Barry mark/Scarlett toe-poke/Chick and Hunter smother goal/Aka snap moment.

I really want GWS to win because I've tipped them all year and I haven't had a premier correct for a while (think Hawks 2013 was my last correct tip).

But Adelaide would probably be my favourite in terms of Betts, off-field stories etc.

Geelong or GWS preferably. I can't stand the other two.

You will get your wish.
GWS just need to stick with Lobb in ruck and realise all the teams they are running into like last night do not have a regular 1st class number 1 ruck. i.e. No need for Simpson.
Vardy was no more a 1st ruck than Lobb has been to now , just filled in well most of year.
Nankervis too is good at some things but still he is no proper outstanding ruck to fear. Then Cats have their hot and cold ruck division that at times works with Zac Smith like Friday but other weeks he is off his game and Stanley thrown in there.
GWS will miss Cameron but a re-jig of their forward line like last night to something smaller can certainly work against the teams left.

GWS to beat Cats in the granny by 40 points.

Make it golden goal then.

Yep bit different to NRL golden point where it's a legitimate scoring play to win. Or soccer.

In AFL, it's just as likely to be a spoiled rushed behind from the goalsquare...not exactly a Leo Barry mark/Scarlett toe-poke/Chick and Hunter smother goal/Aka snap moment.

As I said to other guy, make it golden goal.

Back