Past Jarrad McVeigh - premiership captain, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The media has been pretty quiet about Macca's 300th. Considering his career achievements and it's happening in a semi final.
Can't help but think if it was one of the golden boys (Hodge, brave Bob, Pav, etc.) they'd be trumpeting about it all week.

Not quite as good as a former number one pick and captain of the greatest side of the modern era.

Toss him out!

He called our bluff. What a servant, even though he's definitely had his down moments (his DE hasn't always been good, hence McHack) but he has been a loyal (sometimes selfish) servant of this club. You know what? We all make mistakes and his achievements far outweigh those mistakes he's made! Hope he enjoys the NEAFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind his game. One of the few who could take clean possession and find a team mate. Not convinced going on next year is going to be of any value to the team though.

Should finish on 300
Disagree with you strongly on this one. He's our cleanest ball user and there isn't anyone who does his role any better. Lloyd is developing into one of our most important players and seems destined to fill McVeigh's shoes, but would still benefit from having him around to support his development. I think he knows that if he doesn't perform he'll be dropped pretty quickly, but equally I think he'll be able to influence games like he has this year.

Should not have been given another year, we have to hide him forward when we are getting dominated.

I don't think that's true at all. He gets thrown forward as a creative option when others are just not providing anything. We honestly would've struggled to even make the finals without his cool head, correct decisions and precise skills.

I was reasonably happy with his game tonight...had to go and win his own ball which he shouldnt be doing at this stage...still a very good footballer

Complete rubbish. Every player has to be able to win their own ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back