List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Wilson in a heartbeat - I just can't see how we can get him unless Balic has more worth than is apparent. In terms of a draft pick he's worth a late first rounder. I doubt we have a player that they want, at least not one at the same level as Wilson.

The only positive is that he plays in a position that West Coast aren't trying to fill.

Downgrad pick 5 for Wilson and GWS first pick

We get Wilson = certified gun
Plus a late first round pick

Or keep 5 and hope it turns out to be a gun.

Is this the same Parker who was at Mt Barker earlier this year? He is one big ******* boy, surprised he wasn't doing this well as a junior when his size stood out more. He played soccer as a goalkeeper until he was about 17 or so I think, recently dropped a heap of fat at Royals in Albany before going to Barker.

I don't think so. The WAFL Budget has him listed as coming from Melville.

Weren't GWS after McGrath the whole way but then he became the number 1 pick about a week from the draft
My own opinion of that is McGrath was in contention for #1 and when GWS made it known they wanted up the order the easy journalist solution was to put one and one together.

The noise around Taranto didn't pick up until very, very late.

I'm seeing reports that Freo is in discussions for a potential 3 way with Adelaide and Melbourne that might see us in the running for Hogan. Allegedly, it would see Lever go to Melbourne, Hogan to Freo and pick 5 to Adelaide. Further articles this morning that Adelaide have offered Lever a low end deal and he's not interested.

Personally I don't see that deal happening as Adelaide have indicated they want 2 first rounders for Lever (yet they are offering a low deal apparently) and I can't see Melbourne releasing Hogan for less than 2 first rounders. That said, it seems that Lever definitely wants to go back to Victoria and Hogan is concerned for his mother after his father passed away. I'd trade pick 5 for Hogan in a heartbeat and a player but I'd want to keep Tabs as our second tall.

They say if it seems too good to be true it probably is but what do people think of our chances of getting Hogan in purple?

I'm seeing reports that Freo is in discussions for a potential 3 way with Adelaide and Melbourne that might see us in the running for Hogan. Allegedly, it would see Lever go to Melbourne, Hogan to Freo and pick 5 to Adelaide. Further articles this morning that Adelaide have offered Lever a low end deal and he's not interested.

Personally I don't see that deal happening as Adelaide have indicated they want 2 first rounders for Lever (yet they are offering a low deal apparently) and I can't see Melbourne releasing Hogan for less than 2 first rounders. That said, it seems that Lever definitely wants to go back to Victoria and Hogan is concerned for his mother after his father passed away. I'd trade pick 5 for Hogan in a heartbeat and a player but I'd want to keep Tabs as our second tall.

They say if it seems too good to be true it probably is but what do people think of our chances of getting Hogan in purple?

These rumours are completely unsubstantiated. There is not a single bit of real evidence that suggests Hogan is wanting out.

These rumours are completely unsubstantiated. There is not a single bit of real evidence that suggests Hogan is wanting out.

Yeah I haven't seen any real evidence of this from what I would call a credible source but its been mentioned a few times in different places.

Like you, I'm very skeptical and would prefer a reliable source before getting too excited

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really,AFL history is full of players who signed extensions and then wanted out.
That's a slight exaggeration, if Josh Schache goes this year he'd be around the 3rd or 4th person ever.

The Melb, Adelaide, pick 5 rumour has come from our board, tossed about other boards and then back here where it's now apparently a legit rumour.

That's a slight exaggeration, if Josh Schache goes this year he'd be around the 3rd or 4th person ever.

The Melb, Adelaide, pick 5 rumour has come from our board, tossed about other boards and then back here where it's now apparently a legit rumour.
Good old rumour laundering

Not really,AFL history is full of players who signed extensions and then wanted out. We have one sitting in our forward half at the minute.;)
Macca signed it 4 months into his first contract. Locked in so he actually had a chance at AFL, wasnt a sure thing like hogan last season.

Jesse weighed up all his families problems and took time to sign up when he didn't even have too yet.

Just think its very very unlikely he requests a trade.

Declan Mountford still unsigned. Can't say I have seen much of him but the North board seem to like him.

20yrs old, decent skills, good speed. Had 2 preseasons now and had a handful of AFL games. I think he would be the best value we could get for Balic.
Based on the inside football comments I like him. It is hard with opposition players, but he appears to have good skills.

Here is the full list of out of contract players. I would like to give a few a second chance. Has anyone followed\seen much of any of these guys?
Brendon Ah Chee (2011 Pick #45) 188cm/84kg -MID
Jackson Ramsay (2012 Pick #38) 183cm/77kg - DEF
Rhys Palmer (2007 Pick #7) 181cm/82kg - MID
Aaron Black (2009 Pick #25) 192cm/88kg - Key Forward
Brandon Matera (2010 Prelisted) 175cm/70kg - MID/FWD
Josh Schoenfeld (2015 Pick #34) 186cm/75kg - MID
Simon White (2010 Rookie Pick #56) 190cm/88kg - DEF
Declan Mountford (2015 Pick #60) 181cm/75kg - MID
Ben Howlett (2010 Rookie Pick #30) 180cm/75kg - MID
Nathan Broad (2015 Pick #67) 192cm/83kg - DEF
Nick Robertson (2013 Pick #34) 188cm/90kg - MID
Blaine Boekhorst (2014 Pick #19) 186cm/74kg - MID
Harrison Marsh (2012 Pick #44) 188cm/82kg - DEF/MID

Based on the inside football comments I like him. It is hard with opposition players, but he appears to have good skills.

Here is the full list of out of contract players. I would like to give a few a second chance. Has anyone followed\seen much of any of these guys?
Brendon Ah Chee (2011 Pick #45) 188cm/84kg -MID
Jackson Ramsay (2012 Pick #38) 183cm/77kg - DEF
Rhys Palmer (2007 Pick #7) 181cm/82kg - MID
Aaron Black (2009 Pick #25) 192cm/88kg - Key Forward
Brandon Matera (2010 Prelisted) 175cm/70kg - MID/FWD
Josh Schoenfeld (2015 Pick #34) 186cm/75kg - MID
Simon White (2010 Rookie Pick #56) 190cm/88kg - DEF
Declan Mountford (2015 Pick #60) 181cm/75kg - MID
Ben Howlett (2010 Rookie Pick #30) 180cm/75kg - MID
Nathan Broad (2015 Pick #67) 192cm/83kg - DEF
Nick Robertson (2013 Pick #34) 188cm/90kg - MID
Blaine Boekhorst (2014 Pick #19) 186cm/74kg - MID
Harrison Marsh (2012 Pick #44) 188cm/82kg - DEF/MID

That's a new definition for spud shed!

Matera obviously has been linked to us. I've said Schoenfeld a few times.
Started following Mountford and he's handy for sure.

The rest are battlers and we have many of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back