NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

I don't think we'll get an Apple TV 3 update.

Also with the Chromecast, my stream to the TV was at least 3-4 minutes behind the actual play. Which even for an internet feed is way behind. Seems to be much closer to real-time when doing airplay on Apple TV.

Let me stress that while I don't know anything, I would say it's better than a 50% chance that someone (not necessarily Foxtel) offers the NFL Network in Australia in the next 2-3 years. This is simply a prediction based on what is happening in the industry and other International markets. Canada is a perfect example - as of this season you can't actually buy GamePass in Canada anymore. Canadian's can only get NFL content digitally via a service called DAZN that offers NFL content & channels along with other sports. DAZN has been operating in Germany for years as well.

He're some food for thought: DAZN is run by the Perform Media Group who just took over NFL Digital Marketing to certain International markets (including Australia) in May of this year http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2017/05/09/Media/NFL-Perform.aspx

....while GamePass is what is offered to Australian's this season, I don't know what they'll decide to do next year.

In the US you also have services like Sling that offer ESPN, Fox Sports and other premium sports/non-sports channels as a digital subscription for $20 a month which is 80% cheaper than your average cable bill. I'm expecting someone will come in over the top and start offering digital alternatives there so you guys have better options at a cheaper price. That's what has happened here in the US and folks are cutting the cable at alarming rate so things are changing quickly.

That would piss me off big time.....already been duded over EPL going to an exclusive provider here. Australia is at the phase where FTA/cable/internet subscriptions are servicing the market....pay for what you want and leverage the investment to suit your lifestyle. The great advance of Foxtel is opening up total access to our home sports, AFL, NFL, cricket, A League etc, Open Tennis, Golf etc. However, a Foxtel subscription can't be justified for most if only one sport is followed there....if more sports go to designated providers then Foxtel loses relevance.

Just like FTA already has.

Catching up on this thread seems like multi-device technical issues still reign. Sounds like (from the outside looking in) that user authentication is still a major issue, especially if you use multiple devices.

I have this issue when watching on the iPad app and then switching to a browser. Had to reboot the iPad so it would release the user authentification. Still persists. Hardly surprising since there seems to be a lot of different development groups writing apps for their respective devices.

Catching up on this thread seems like multi-device technical issues still reign. Sounds like (from the outside looking in) that user authentication is still a major issue, especially if you use multiple devices.

I have this issue when watching on the iPad app and then switching to a browser. Had to reboot the iPad so it would release the user authentification. Still persists. Hardly surprising since there seems to be a lot of different development groups writing apps for their respective devices.
Serves you right for joining the masses and using Apple products.
You need to build a specced up Commodore64 running Linux and watch it on that, smooth viewing and no gouging by Megabusiness.

Fight the man, baby, fight the man! Attica! Attica! Attica!!!

Would have been nice if Apple weren't such money hungry grubs and just put a HDMI output on an iPad and saved everyone the $250.
Get yourself an adapter

fooe52.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone able to watch on Xbox 360 with Australian subscription to Game Pass?

It looks like they have removed all Australian ability to watch on any app (xbox, plex, etc)

I can only watch on Mobile or Computer now. What a ******* load of s**t. I will just stream games next year, as this is a real ******* waste. No campaigner can offer any support.

OK new ATV app is up and working. Search for NFL but skip pastt he regular app (red icon) and find NFL Gamepass International

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK new ATV app is up and working. Search for NFL but skip pastt he regular app (red icon) and find NFL Gamepass International
I assume this is for v4, which has already been mentioned is working. Still waiting for the v3 but not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:
NFL app is s**t. Constantly opening web ads, even if I don't touch the screen. No option to disable to it.

The worst app I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* I hate this year's gamepass.

Stay spoiler free all day, get home to watch the game, open the app on my phone to airplay it... and it starts 90 minutes into the video and shows me the scores.

No I have ATV3. New app is there

Can't wait to look into this - I'm sure I'll be whinging about GP much less if I can get it working.

No I have ATV3. New app is there

I'm confused - you can't search for new apps on ATV3 can you? You're only limited to what's on there? The ATV3 doesn't even have itunes on it to download apps.

I'm confused - you can't search for new apps on ATV3 can you? You're only limited to what's on there? The ATV3 doesn't even have itunes on it to download apps.
Correct (as far as I know anyway). My v3 app still didn't work when I tried it earlier today. Just came up with the message about checking the website about when the app will be available.

Hardly surprising since there seems to be a lot of different development groups writing apps for their respective devices.

Minor point: There's only two providers who build apps in the Australian market. Microsoft build and operate the Xbox app exclusively and the main provider builds and supports everything else. There is some minor back-end integration with the NFL, but otherwise outside of Xbox, it's largely within the one ecosystem.

The grants/authentication sync across multiple devices all with different code bases is where the challenge is. The more platforms you support, the tougher it gets...

That would piss me off big time.....already been duded over EPL going to an exclusive provider here. Australia is at the phase where FTA/cable/internet subscriptions are servicing the market....pay for what you want and leverage the investment to suit your lifestyle. .

The EPL Deal with Optus was ridiculous and shortsighted. I wouldn't look to the current Australian market as indicative of where things will be in 5-10 years. An outside player (e.g. Amazon) is likely to come in over the top and introduce streaming products in that market at much lower prices to essentially take market share away overnight. The difference between an Amazon and an Optus is the ability to disrupt and change the way business is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back