Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Apart from the first two points which was pretty direct I thought

EDIT: Pretty much rules out Rayner & Cerra - Draft focus will be more like LDU or Dow is my guess
Yeah I reckon we can get one of Kennedy or Smith from GWS, probably not both.

If we get Kennedy, maybe we'd be more likely to go after Rayner/Cerra.

If we get Smith, maybe LDU/Dow is more likely.

You're kidding? Best interview he's given I reckon. Very open and didn't go on with the usual rhetoric (apart from 1 'Reset')...

Things I gleaned from it;
  • Draft focus: Ball-winners for Contested Possession - suggested a strong focus on Inside Mids
  • Reconfirmed that they would Draft 'Young Talent' and be open to trading for 'Young Talent' only - with the exception of Trading in older players 'If they have good Leadership Qualities' (These first two points I read as heavily suggesting we will get Rockliff if we can get a good deal)
  • Elaborated on the Whole Gibbs scenario - said that he is under contract and definitely a wanted player has no issues within the club, last year was about getting back around family for convenience, but loves CFC and is happy here. Same thing suggested about this years exit interview.
  • Said he definitely wanted Daisy to Play on - just a matter of getting his contract details finalized with his manager
  • Gave a good insight on the Young Player development - Less focus on training load during the week and more of a focus on getting real Game-time into them to 'Mentally Toughen' them as quick as possible (Bartel was impressed with this strategy)
  • Said that Liam Jones' speedy development in Defense was a surprise , but developing swingmen was a focus, just that they would spent weeks in the same position (at either end) whilst still young and developing (eg. Weitering) rather than changing every week as needed
  • Said the Exec Footy dept regularly had open discussions about developments in the club. (Nothing about Trigg Leaving)
  • Endorsed JB for GC coaching position.
There were a lot of little insightful 'tid bits' also.

Heard that part of the interview. Seemed a new slant on the upcoming trade period as I had heard the "go to the draft" and "trade only for young talent" spiel before. But not the exception of trading in older players with leadership qualities. Screamed Rockliffe to me.

You're kidding? Best interview he's given I reckon. Very open and didn't go on with the usual rhetoric (apart from 1 'Reset')...

Things I gleaned from it;
  • Draft focus: Ball-winners for Contested Possession - suggested a strong focus on Inside Mids
  • Reconfirmed that they would Draft 'Young Talent' and be open to trading for 'Young Talent' only - with the exception of Trading in older players 'If they have good Leadership Qualities' (These first two points I read as heavily suggesting we will get Rockliff if we can get a good deal)
  • Elaborated on the Whole Gibbs scenario - said that he is under contract and definitely a wanted player has no issues within the club, last year was about getting back around family for convenience, but loves CFC and is happy here. Same thing suggested about this years exit interview.
  • Said he definitely wanted Daisy to Play on - just a matter of getting his contract details finalized with his manager
  • Gave a good insight on the Young Player development - Less focus on training load during the week and more of a focus on getting real Game-time into them to 'Mentally Toughen' them as quick as possible (Bartel was impressed with this strategy)
  • Said that Liam Jones' speedy development in Defense was a surprise , but developing swingmen was a focus, just that they would spent weeks in the same position (at either end) whilst still young and developing (eg. Weitering) rather than changing every week as needed
  • Said the Exec Footy dept regularly had open discussions about developments in the club. (Nothing about Trigg Leaving)
  • Endorsed JB for GC coaching position.
There were a lot of little insightful 'tid bits' also.
Bolts gives a fair bit away from time to time if you listen to him carefully and follow his narrative. He rarely wastes a word. Very articulate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's my Journey video??!
The club's issued the following statement:

The Carlton Football Club prides itself on being inclusive, and a leader in engendering social media traction and a deep sense of belonging.

The issue of our 'reset' amongst our supporters is essentially one of process and granularity, and so the Club encourages all of its people to have their say in this important discussion about our journey.

As a club, we respect that you like to think you know how to draft and develop, and as such don't intend to berate your bad calls too much, but we do strongly enforce our Club's commitment to the aforementioned process and granularity - and SOS has no comment about the upcoming trade period. Also, the Journey isn't up yet: sorry!

PS - who the * is barass70

The Carlton Football Club prides itself on being inclusive, and a leader in engendering social media traction and a deep sense of belonging.

The issue of our 'reset' amongst our supporters is essentially one of process and granularity, and so the Club encourages all of its people to have their say in this important discussion about our journey.

As a club, we respect that you like to think you know how to draft and develop, and as such don't intend to berate your bad calls too much, but we do strongly enforce our Club's commitment to the aforementioned process and granularity - and SOS has no comment about the upcoming trade period. Also, the Journey isn't up yet: sorry!

PS - who the **** is barass70
giphy.gif

PS - who the **** is barass70
******* fence sitters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back