Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crows doco on now fox footy. Bloody good watch. Memories where you have the likes of Rehn, Modra, Jarman, Smart, McLeod, Bickley running amok.

Thinking the crows will do the deed again 20 years later. Can see Betts winning the norm smith. I smell a Crow in the air.
Difference being that this time they're in the box seat. They had a great September in 1997 - and more than a smidge of luck go their way, let's be honest - but this year they're pretty clearly the best team in it, now Geelong's done them a huge solid and tipped out Sydney.

Difference being that this time they're in the box seat. They had a great September in 1997 - and more than a smidge of luck go their way, let's be honest - but this year they're pretty clearly the best team in it, now Geelong's done them a huge solid and tipped out Sydney.
They did. Colbert non mark vs us, and then Libba's '' miss '' in the prelim.

... and then, most of all IMO, Lazar Vidovic and Everitt being ruled out (Rehn had a field day), Loewe having a family emergency on the morning of the GF and Nicky Winmar being knocked out of orbit by his father's death. Don't get me wrong - great win and I'm glad Blight got a flag - but StKilda's luck all ran out at once.

... and then, most of all IMO, Lazar Vidovic and Everitt being ruled out (Rehn had a field day), Loewe having a family emergency on the morning of the GF and Nicky Winmar being knocked out of orbit by his father's death. Don't get me wrong - great win and I'm glad Blight got a flag - but StKilda's luck all ran out at once.
* I didn't realise the first 3. Huge, Huge losses. Loewe played but yeah? just non influential?

St Kilda had their chances. Leading at half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still cannot fathom to this day why people mention the Colbert non mark from the Crows vs Geelong final in 1997 but fail to mention the Modra non mark in the same game, or fail to mention the Burns goal that came off Bickley's boot in the same game.

I still cannot fathom to this day why people mention the Colbert non mark from the Crows vs Geelong final in 1997 but fail to mention the Modra non mark in the same game, or fail to mention the Burns goal that came off Bickley's boot in the same game.
you imagined those. That never happened.

The Crows had a dream injury run too - only AA Ricciuto, Coleman medallist Modra and Vardy out, with Jameson pinging his quad 5 minutes in.

We did it the easy way.

Adelaide Crows doco on now fox footy. Bloody good watch. Memories where you have the likes of Rehn, Modra, Jarman, Smart, McLeod, Bickley running amok.

Thinking the crows will do the deed again 20 years later. Can see Betts winning the norm smith. I smell a Crow in the air.

Apparently 1997 was a closely contested season
2017 is also a closely contested season!

Apparently the team which finished fourth in 1997 went on to become premiers...

Apparently the team which finished fourth in 1997 went on to become premiers...

And in the following year 1998 the same team finished fifth and again went on to become premiers ... even though apparently the Bulldogs last year were said to be the first team of a final 8 to win the flag from outside the top 4. Not sure how that is supposed to work exactly.

seriously crows topped the ladder so * off campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back