Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but might be lazy, putting them on at the start so he doesn't have to later...
I meant the "spot all for 8 reps" part

The other parts aren't such a big deal. But you shouldn't need a spot for an entire warm up set

Not so much "spotting" but iirc Russia's most well known powerlifting coach (Sheiko) advocates lifters getting hand outs for warm ups (include the empty bar) as it's what happens in comp.

Surely shouldn't be needing a spot for all reps on an 8 rep warm up

I swear most people wearing belts just do it because they think it makes them look 'ooge

It was his working set, the spotter was there just in case he didn't actually assist with any reps

About my size. 85-90 would be my max bench for 3-4 reps but I don't even own elbow straps, I'm not trying to break any pbs. Weird set up.

Yeah you'd see most guys wearing that amount of equipment to be pressing some serious weight.

New one:
Bloke puts his bottle and towel down on a bench. Proceeds to do standing lateral raises basically on top of the rack, super sets with push-ups on top of the db rack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also including cable flyes on the opposite side of the gym and bicep curls on top of the rack in his "superset"

New one:
Bloke puts his bottle and towel down on a bench. Proceeds to do standing lateral raises basically on top of the rack, super sets with push-ups on top of the db rack.

I hate it when people uses benches as a place to store there towel, drink bottle and not actually use it to perform an exercise.

reverse hyper.jpg

I frequently use the reverse hyper in the gym I train at as I am rehabbing two bulging/compressed/dehydrated discs, and there always seems to be someone who thinks that the thing is a ******* table to throw their workout bag etc on. I'm at the point now where I don't even look around to see who owns the stuff, I just throw it on the floor. Pic attached for anyone who doesn't know what a reverse hyper is.

Two girls this morning move the benches away from the weights area onto the floor, and spent their routine doing floor exercises in the weight area (rubberized floor for dropping weights and the benches are there). One was even blocking the side of the power rack that has the weight rack on the side of it.
Clueless.

View attachment 418197

I frequently use the reverse hyper in the gym I train at as I am rehabbing two bulging/compressed/dehydrated discs, and there always seems to be someone who thinks that the thing is a ******* table to throw their workout bag etc on. I'm at the point now where I don't even look around to see who owns the stuff, I just throw it on the floor. Pic attached for anyone who doesn't know what a reverse hyper is.

Haha.
The reverse hyper is the ultimate "oh this looks like a good spot to leave my s**t"
My theory is that it's because they're taller so people spot them easier (and it's more convenient) and because they're squarer than a bench they remind people more of a tabletop

Bloke spends about 20 minutes doing 3 sets of bench. Not contact on the bench below his upper back. Rests about 5 minutes between sets

Finally gets off the bench and doesn't unload the bar.

Two girls this morning move the benches away from the weights area onto the floor, and spent their routine doing floor exercises in the weight area (rubberized floor for dropping weights and the benches are there). One was even blocking the side of the power rack that has the weight rack on the side of it.
Clueless.

strange that one. why would someone do floor exercises in a weights area? attention?

Bloke spends about 20 minutes doing 3 sets of bench. Rests about 5 minutes between sets
:D

Sounds a bit like me when I do bench some days, but I rest for 2-3 minutes between sets. I do about 5-6 sets (2 warm up sets then 3-4 main sets) and put my weights away.

I absolutely hog the thing when I train at Derrimut though, there is only 2 benches at my Derrimut that you can move around for Smith machines/racks etc, all the rest are bolted into the floor infront of the dumbbell area.

As I'm a big bloke I set a retractable bench up in a squat rack as the bench presses there absolutely suck (poor length + poor angles), takes me about 35-45mins for a full flat + incline routine.

:D

Sounds a bit like me when I do bench some days, but I rest for 2-3 minutes between sets. I do about 5-6 sets (2 warm up sets then 3-4 main sets) and put my weights away.

I absolutely hog the thing when I train at Derrimut though, there is only 2 benches at my Derrimut that you can move around for Smith machines/racks etc, all the rest are bolted into the floor infront of the dumbbell area.

As I'm a big bloke I set a retractable bench up in a squat rack as the bench presses there absolutely suck (poor length + poor angles), takes me about 35-45mins for a full flat + incline routine.
I think it was more annoying because he would just leave his stuff at the bench and wander off for 5 minutes. Occasionally supersetting with another piece of equipment

Plus the not putting the weight away. Cmon buddy you're lifting 80. It's not hard to put 4 plates back (especially when there's a rack right next to the bench)

strange that one. why would someone do floor exercises in a weights area? attention?
In one case attention, the other ignorance. At a guess.

I think it was more annoying because he would just leave his stuff at the bench and wander off for 5 minutes. Occasionally supersetting with another piece of equipment

Plus the not putting the weight away. Cmon buddy you're lifting 80. It's not hard to put 4 plates back (especially when there's a rack right next to the bench)
Yeah, campaigners not putting their weights away always shits me

Worst is unloading 200-300kgs off a leg press just to make sure the angle/seat is right as Im a big bloke, then naturally I load it back up for my routine then have to put my own 300kgs away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back