YES, the football league. (and should the AFL comment on social issues)

The league formerly known as the AFL is doing the right thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So with all this league name change and Carlton coming out and officially not taking either side do you think the league has overstepped it's mark?
https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/371...-membership-over-stance-on-same-sex-marriage/

upload_2017-9-21_9-5-46.png

Will the league regret only taking sides with half of it's followers?

Has the league taken it upon itself to be a trendsetter even though other competing leagues and associations come out in support weeks and even months ago.

upload_2017-9-21_9-5-15.png

lead balloon

Debutant
Sep 14, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
So with all this league name change and Carlton coming out and officially not taking either side do you think the league has overstepped it's mark?
https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/371...-membership-over-stance-on-same-sex-marriage/

View attachment 418492

Will the league regret only taking sides with half of it's followers?

Has the league taken it upon itself to be a trendsetter even though other competing leagues and associations come out in support weeks and even months ago.

View attachment 418491

Hey kid! We don't tolerate that kind of thought around here, this is bigfooty not some redneck inbred hick town! Why don't you stop next time you want to question the groupthink
stock-photo-male-caucasian-police-officer-in-blue-cop-uniform-holds-up-hand-in-stop-gesture-on-white-background-188469734.jpg

Captain Morgan

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surprised this thread too this long to come up.

the AFL should establish a think-tank in Canberra and be a lobbyist for government policy.

Thanks gill, love it when the board of a company / CEO gets to set the tone for an organisation without their consent. Last time I checked the essence of democracy is that each and every voice in the country is treated equally regardless of status and position.

Thats Wright

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the AFL really cared for SSM, they wouldn't be sponsored by Etihad Airways, an airline funded by a government that beheads homosexuals
Will be interesting if the AFL/Collingwood ever address these double standards.

Tobacco sponsorship is more ethical than taking money from barbaric regimes.

If the AFL really cared for SSM, they wouldn't be sponsored by Etihad Airways, an airline funded by a government that beheads homosexuals
They don’t behead homosexuals in the UAE.

And they are sponsored by Virgin.

But you do have a good point, like with the Swans and Qatar.

I have seen the transition of the league from the VFL to the AFL and now to YES.

I remember what VFL and AFL stood for but what is YES?
You Establish Something?
Your Esteemed Sovereign?
Young Elf Soldier?

Should have made that the poll :(

Supporting SSM is a no-brainer if you have any intellectual integrity.

If you're a cowardly conservative scared of your own shadow then you probably can't see that.

They'll do well in supporting all of the gay players that have "come out" in the past. What is the obsession with players coming out as gay anyhow? What does the gender of the person they are involved with romantically have to do with playing professional football anyhow?

I would also like to know where the AFL stand on Immunisation, The Ice epidemic, Korea vs Trump, Soft drink taxes etc

Hey AFL where do you stand on gambling in sport?

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
Not quite. I just checked out the facts and, while homosexuality is illegal in Abu Dhabi, the maximum sentence is 15 years and the last sentence was five. You could argue still that there's a contradiction in the AFL's position, but you'd be better sticking to the facts and not the exaggerated lies of the "we normally hate gays except when it gives us a chance to bash the Muzzies" people on the Internet.

If you're a cowardly conservative scared of your own shadow then you probably can't see that.

A no brainer you say.
So anyone without a brain should support anything that's rammed down your throat no matter the choice you want to make? OK cheers, thanks for your one sided vitriol.

You will see numbers in the AFL members drop next season.
What Associations such as the AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket etc. etc. do not realise is people without agendas are sick of them sticking their noses into stuff such as this and why haven't they worried about other last minute problems like this North Korea and South China Sea worries?
Or the happenings in Myanmar or the crown of thorns on the Great Barrier Reef??
those pesky varmits are eating it all up, there won't be one bit left in a few years, damn that Great Barrier Reef hating CEO of YES.

I would also like to know where the AFL stand on Immunisation, The Ice epidemic, Korea vs Trump, Soft drink taxes etc

Hey AFL where do you stand on gambling in sport?

You beat me too it.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not quite. I just checked out the facts and, while homosexuality is illegal in Abu Dhabi, the maximum sentence is 15 years and the last sentence was five. You could argue still that there's a contradiction in the AFL's position, but you'd be better sticking to the facts and not the exaggerated lies of the "we normally hate gays except when it gives us a chance to bash the Muzzies" people on the Internet.

Still ridiculous.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They don’t behead homosexuals in the UAE.
Nar they just send them to jail or deport them, very progressive

Because my way of thinking is the correct way and anyone else that believes anything else is a bigot right?

Thats Wright

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've thought about it and honestly, I don't care.
It makes sense.

Population is getting out of control so opening a side gate of low breeding rate is the right thing to do.

Social acceptance of population control measures is most easily obtained through the modern day lesbian.

A no brainer you say.
So anyone without a brain should support anything that's rammed down your throat no matter the choice you want to make? OK cheers, thanks for your one sided vitriol.

Because my way of thinking is the correct way and anyone else that believes anything else is a bigot right?

Aren't conservatives supposed to represent personal responsibility?

Aren't they also the people warning us daily about the dangers of religious incursions into public policy?

If you're not going to listen to me then how about listening to yourselves?

Back