Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally the most reasonable Foster article I've ever seen. Only a few absolutely *ed and intellectually challenged moments in there.

If they're about to start a rebuild, why would they appoint a 34 year old Gary Ablett as their new captain? Let alone the logistics in that ******* dumb idea

Anyway, his target audience has always been nuffies but I think the nuffies may not enjoy this revolutionary idea that the Eagles may not be the bestest team in the universe ever that he's spruiking

Everyone should read this great article about Zac Dawson...

http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-09-20/sometimes-a-simple-exit-is-ok
Wonderful. Shows how little those of us outside the club know about the influence and character of the players who are sometimes savagely maligned here in our frustration with what we see on the field.
It took me a while to warm to Zac but once I could see the overall net positive effect he was having on our defence and how rarely he was beaten on the day I started standing up for him with those around me in the seats at Subi who would swear and carry on every time Zac went near it. I like to think I helped a few people at least understand what a good player he was.

View attachment 418557
AFL House evacuated after threat
lol "As a club, we respect that this is about personal choice, and as such don't intend to campaign on the issue," the statement read. (Carlton that is)

A personal choice? hmmmm. So people should have a personal choice when voting and others should stay out the way of their decision? But only when it comes to voting? Not things like say,... marriage? **** I'm embarrassed to be an Australian sometimes. 10-20 years from now we'll be saying "wtf were we thinking?" just like we have about every other piece of discriminatory legislation we've repealed in the past.

lol "As a club, we respect that this is about personal choice, and as such don't intend to campaign on the issue," the statement read. (Carlton that is)

A personal choice? hmmmm. So people should have a personal choice when voting and others should stay out the way of their decision? But only when it comes to voting? Not things like say,... marriage? **** I'm embarrassed to be an Australian sometimes. 10-20 years from now we'll be saying "wtf were we thinking?" just like we have about every other piece of discriminatory legislation we've repealed in the past.
Have the club made a statement at all?

As the majority would agree, it should never have gone this way. If a government can see that legislation is discriminatory they should deal with it. They have in the past, removing homosexuality as a crime, allowing women/indigenous people to vote.

Just pathetic that we now have this divisive and hurtful debate going on - it was not necessary to bring this to a vote in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back