Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it this is a bloody good lineup

FB: Plowman Marchbank Weitering
HB: Byrne Jones Docherty
R: Kreuzer Cripps Gibbs
C: Murphy E.Curnow SPS
HF: Rockliff Casboult C.Curnow
FF: Pickett McKay Silvagni

Int: Simpson, Kennedy, Cuningham, Wright

Depth: Fisher, ASOS, Rowe, Lamb, Thomas, Pick #3, Boekhurst, Williamson etc etc
Exactly how I would have it but I would swap Fisher and McKay and obviously Cas to FF

Reckon Byrne is gone?
He's missed that much footy I reckon it will take a bit for him to get anywhere near his capabilities, as well as get confidence in his body. I know that's stating the obvious a bit, but I reckon it will come through as a flaky 2018 where he doesn't necessarily get a game every week on form.

If that happens we're only a forward or two form being a serious top 8 team.

With the extra years development in our already stout defence and a midfield rotation including Murphy, Rockliff, Gibbs, Cripps, Curnow(s?) and Kreuzer we could beat anyone. Also add Docherty as he indicated he could be getting more midfield minutes a few weeks ago.

Just need a forward or two and we're looking out the other side of this rebuild.

I think people will be surprised by how much better our forward line will function once we sort out the midfield. The ball will come in cleaner and more often if we get it right.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah. And the top spots on the Coleman (the top scorers) are dominated by Key Forward types.
Yeah, and we've brought in 7 blokes who can play that role in the last 2 off-seasons, including 3 top 10 picks?

One has departed, but we've made the investment.

Yeah, and we've brought in 7 blokes who can play that role in the last 2 off-seasons?

One has departed, but we've made the investment.

Surely we have needed to, because we haven't really done it in the past, well the recent past ... just relied on guys like Fevola and Casboult

Rumour has it this is a bloody good lineup

FB: Plowman Marchbank Weitering
HB: Byrne Jones Docherty
R: Kreuzer Cripps Gibbs
C: Murphy E.Curnow SPS
HF: Rockliff Casboult C.Curnow
FF: Pickett McKay Silvagni

Int: Simpson, Kennedy, Cuningham, Wright

Depth: Fisher, ASOS, Rowe, Lamb, Thomas, Pick #3, Boekhurst, Williamson etc etc

Fisher Williamson Polson LeBois Smith Balic & Pick 3 will be in my best 22. :)

Yeah, and we've brought in 7 blokes who can play that role in the last 2 off-seasons, including 3 top 10 picks?

No, we havent brought in 7 key forwards. Curnow and SOS are medium forwards (like Darling or LeCras or Stringer). Weitering is a key defender.

We have 1 key forward (2 if you include Kerr, but he was a late speculative pick). Its early days and they get a pass, but neither have shown much yet.

They may of course. Its early days. But I prefer surety over a gamble. I dont like having such a vital part of our structure a '50/50 maybe' type prospect. As we already agree on you need to kick goals to make finals, and as recent Coleman counts show, Key forwards do that better than anyone else.

Id like another key forward to increase our chances of having one make it. I dont like having all our eggs in one basket.

We also need half a dozen mids (A grade to Elite), and a ruckman (MK has a few years left, but we dont really have any backups barring Phillips).

Defenders (small and talls) I'm happy with.

There is a rumour that Brisbane are looking at Byrne

Seems to have been forgotten
OK something to remember......Mason Cox re-signed with Magpies despite superior
offers. Complications with leaving his employer on visa and reverting back to square
one regarding permanent residency if he changed employers. Surely similar applies
to Casey.
also
we have just had a heap of nonsense over "trading Cripps" Casey's best mate. Let's
not have the same please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's missed that much footy I reckon it will take a bit for him to get anywhere near his capabilities, as well as get confidence in his body. I know that's stating the obvious a bit, but I reckon it will come through as a flaky 2018 where he doesn't necessarily get a game every week on form.

He looked great when I watched him live in Sydney had dash and sparkle in his run and was set to kill them on the rebound and then he did his ankle....

fingers crossed he is right for a really testing pre-season and doesn't end up like bad luck Sheehan did - injury after injury...:(
I reckon he is younger and will recover just fine.

OK something to remember......Mason Cox re-signed with Magpies despite superior
offers. Complications with leaving his employer on visa and reverting back to square
one regarding permanent residency if he changed employers. Surely similar applies
to Casey.
also
we have just had a heap of nonsense over "trading Cripps" Casey's best mate. Let's
not have the same please.

Difference was it was one of our best rumour sleuths who posted itn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back