The Ox Files

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
11klhrm.jpg

This is a thread for the offended Arsenal fans to salivate at every missed pass or over hit cross that Ox delivers this season so that instead of derailing other threads they can jerk each other off in here.

Then later on once they've all disappeared I will be jerking myself off as I gloat about how Ox has gone on to become one of the best CM's in the league.

The truth is out there.

Last edited:
Could understand getting Ox in as a cheap, project type player. Young, potential, low risk, high reward. Too early to say he won't be successful at Liverpool.

But spending £40m on him with the defence Liverpool is just baffling.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Ox leaving has cut Arsenal fans hard whether they'd like to admit it or not. What I don't get though is that when it was rumoured he was going to leave for less money all I read and heard was how they love him and wouldn't begrudge him because it just shows that he's doing it for the betterment of his career and that it highlights what a mess Arsenal are in with regards to their ownership and the manager. But then when he does leave they hate him and he was actually s**t all along.

Also I don't buy the thing about him leaving because he wants to play CM. In his first interview he was asked what his preferred position is and he said winger and attacking mid. And when Klopp was asked where he sees Ox he said either wide in the front three or as the most advanced midfielder behind the three.

Just bringing your quote in from the EFL thread Soza, this seems the better place for it now. But where did you come across the 'we love him' stuff? This site or elsewhere?

Just curious.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just bringing your quote in from the EFL thread Soza, this seems the better place for it now. But where did you come across the 'we love him' stuff? This site or elsewhere?

Just curious.

I just remember at the back end of last season when you were in that horrible run of form and the fans starting turning on the players. It seemed that Ox was exempt because he was one of the few players showing heart and that actually cared about what was happening and how he would applaud the fans even after heavy defeats. And then when you picked up your form again at the end of the season by nearly getting top 4 and by winning the cup he was (from what I remember) one of your outstanding players and put on a bit of a pedestal.

Can't remember if I saw it on here as well but it was definitely on twitter and on AFTV. Feel free to tell me if I'm overstating it a bit but definitely remember Ox was always one that seemed to have the respect of the fans even when you were at your lowest points last year.

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Can't remember if I saw it on here as well but it was definitely on twitter and on AFTV. Feel free to tell me if I'm overstating it a bit but definitely remember Ox was always one that seemed to have the respect of the fans even when you were at your lowest points last year.

He absolutely had the respect of the fans for many of the reasons you stated. But he wasn't seen by many as a required player (good depth, sure, and he filled in well while Bellerin was off the pace - which he isn't anymore).

Things took a turn after the Leicester game this season, and the Liverpool game was a breaking point for many. Forced to watch this entitled prick put in a gutless performance rubbed many fans the wrong way.

Since then, we've flogged him off for a club-record fee, he's playing like an absolutely washed up shittruck, and we haven't lost a game since. Happy days.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
11klhrm.jpg

This is a thread for the offended Arsenal fans to salivate at every missed pass or over hit cross that Ox delivers this season so that instead of derailing other threads they can jerk each other off in here.

Then later on once they've all disappeared I will be jerking myself off as I gloat about how Ox has gone on to become one of the best CM's in the league.

The truth is out there.

ldDXL.gif

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ox is having a bad run, but come on he’s not complete garbage. I’d still take him over Feo. Seen some good performances from over the years. Can’t judge him on 7-8 games

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Ox is having a bad run, but come on he’s not complete garbage. I’d still take him over Feo. Seen some good performances from over the years. Can’t judge him on 7-8 games

How’s that for setting the bar low?

Back