Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Jun 17, 2006
Section 43
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL - Green Bay Packers
I'm assuming nothing will change on the Over 50's thread.

Maybe ..........but it's CRAP on the Sexagenarian thread !!!

No Tairy .... you can't join !! ......................................................[it's not that kind of thread]

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Maybe ..........but it's CRAP on the Sexagenarian thread !!!

No Tairy .... you can't join !! ......................................................[it's not that kind of thread]
Sounded a lot better than it was.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I haven't seen any changes (have only used laptop & PC this week though), but I remember stumbling on a thread a few weeks ago, where there was discussion of an upgrade to a new platform (I assume I was reading current posts and not from the previous upgrade/shift). Not sure about mobile, but you can change style of your user interface, and I think the new default was going to be different.
I'm sure Chief would have notified any respected mods though.:p
The style changer is at the bottom left of your page. Again, I haven't seen what people are talking about, so unsure if this is related or helpful.
cool.JPG

I haven't seen any changes (have only used laptop & PC this week though), but I remember stumbling on a thread a few weeks ago, where there was discussion of an upgrade to a new platform (I assume I was reading current posts and not from the previous upgrade/shift). Not sure about mobile, but you can change style of your user interface, and I think the new default was going to be different.
I'm sure Chief would have notified any respected mods though.:p
The style changer is at the bottom left of your page. Again, I haven't seen what people are talking about, so unsure if this is related or helpful.
View attachment 419043

Thanks Skoob - that worked - the 'new' one was slick - the warm and cool are much closer to the old version...

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Okay I think it's a personal setting on BigFooty like skoob pointed out. I cleared my history so was automatically logged out of all websites. Came to BigFooty and saw the hideous change they have made. As soon as I logged back into BigFooty it was the old version again.
That would be why I haven't seen it, all my devices I have "Stay Logged In" checked.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I finally found the "cool" and changed the format back..thank goodness, was driving me mad. Trouble is I can't find it again, but for anyone having trouble finding it, just keep clicking on stuff.

I hate all this technology stuff, does my head in:(

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
If the Cowboys and GWS win tonight we'll have Victorian and Queensland teams playing in a final in NSW, and SA and NSW teams playing in a final in Victoria. o_O
I like it.

Really hope GWS can knock off the Richmond bandwagon that has rolled into Melbourne in recent weeks.

Aug 7, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche; Houston Rockets
Hey guys!

Just organizing a little off season reading and I was curious as to whether there are any Lions biographies I wasn't aware of?

I'm not looking at Fitzroy or Bears stuff, just post merger.

I've got Browny's book as well as Lynchy's and both of Aker's. I have Fev's book and Lethal's along with Shane Johnson's. Is anyone aware of any others?

I feel like our premiership years should have yielded a couple more books! I'd love to hear Ashcroft's story, for example. 3 wooden spoons, 3 flags, 300 games - I'd buy it!

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Anyone have any experience doing fly in fly out work?

I'd love to hear your thoughts preferably from a lifestyle perspective. How was the strain on your relationships? Did you feel like you were overworked? Where and what were your shifts.

I currently have a great job but I potentially will get an offer tomorrow and the money will be hard to say no to. But I worry about how I'll go being away from all friends and family only working for a month (0 tolerance drugs & alcohol site). Any experiences in the mines, oil rigs etc. I'd love to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back