Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A tough little red head Con Britt. May have tried a bit too hard to model himself on Tuddy (Britt was nowhere near as hard as Tuddy....then again nobody but Leigh Matthews ever was) but he was "fiery" as Lou Richards would have said.
Played mostly as a half forward flanker but later in his career Bobby Rose used Britt in a back pocket and he had several run ins with Carlton's indigenous star Syd Jackson.

I didt know he was a red head. But then again colour TV didnt come in until 1976....

I didt know he was a red head. But then again colour TV didnt come in until 1976....
Neither did I.
Always thought he had dark hair, for some reason.
I didn't start attending games until mid 70's, so never saw him play live.
His name was used as 'cockney rhyming slang' in our office.
"Are you ready to go?"
"Ah, just let me have a 'Con Britt' first"

I'm assuming he's the guy who destroyed Sam Newmans kidney and nearly killed him?
Oh really? Pretty poor taste thread title then.
Yeah that was my first thought too.

Pretty much this. I saw the adds while watching the Block so first instinct was that Con was the man behind the incident. If that's true and the OP is insinuating that Con is his hero because of it that's appalling, IMO.

Given the remorse Con showed in the snippet I saw he'd probably be offput by being labeled a hero for that incident as well! Some clarification would be great for those of us that didn't watch TFS.

Is the gum still in good condition? :)
haha, no.

I did get my fav card a few years ago, 1973 John Greening Diecut (mint condition) & it still had the smell of old scanlens gum for a while.

Guy I bought it from in Tassie found a box of his old cards with a dozen unopened packs, it was in one of them.

Oh really? Pretty poor taste thread title then.
Lots of love for Sam the man who didn't die. In fact went on to play more games after losing his kidney than before.
In fact won the Cats B&F the following year.
May have been a bit of an overstatement to say he almost died after all.
And now, fifty years later he is lining his bank account with this story.
Poor Sam. Hard life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much this. I saw the adds while watching the Block so first instinct was that Con was the man behind the incident. If that's true and the OP is insinuating that Con is his hero because of it that's appalling, IMO.

Given the remorse Con showed in the snippet I saw he'd probably be offput by being labeled a hero for that incident as well! Some clarification would be great for those of us that didn't watch TFS.
Remorse?
You obviously didn't watch the show.
He even presented Sam with a fresh kidney!

I have no love for Sam Newman - I think he's the greatest example of a walking talking phallus that is currently available on earth. That said, I always thought playing on after the accident was quite brave.
I nearly wrote something tasteless but thought better of it.

I got some 'trophy points' today for reaching the figure of 5,000 likes. I just thought I'd share that with everyone, because this success is very much a tribute to the good taste of the board as well as my own likeability.

. I just thought I'd share that with everyone, because this success is very much a tribute to the good taste of the board as well as my own likeability.
And a tribute to the fact I give out likes easier than umps give frees to Patty D

See my post above on how to return to the familiar format.
Many many thanks

That's a brilliant bit of info.

I'm back to cool now.

Many thanks :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back