westie

All Australian
Jul 9, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Paynter Dixon Torana
I've had such a bad experience with this app.
Telstra have unfortunately gone with the new 'deliberate obfuscation' tactic used by big companies and some government agencies like Centrelink.
The app never worked in the first place and then they made it near impossible to UNSUBSCRIBE.
I've spent the last month being transferred between no less than 4 agencies at Telstra (BigPond Media, tech support, billing and CrowdSupport).
They still haven't found the unsubscribe button.
The AFL should have nothing to do with Telstra.
From a cynical point of view, Telstra and the AFL are a perfect match for each other. Incidentally we use the App on a Motorola Moto G 3rd gen. with great success aside from the crap picture quality occasionally.

I downloaded the CrownBet app thinking there must be a catch but no - I can actually watch all the games on my phone for free.

Now, how does an apple 5 to HDMI lead work on a standard TV?

Telstra have unfortunately gone with the new 'deliberate obfuscation' tactic used by big companies and some government agencies like Centrelink.
The app never worked in the first place and then they made it near impossible to UNSUBSCRIBE.
I've spent the last month being transferred between no less than 4 agencies at Telstra (BigPond Media, tech support, billing and CrowdSupport).

The beauty about dealing with Telstra is they are so incompetent they a vulnerable.

Just ask for $500 credit per month until they resolve it.

They will resist but will cave in as they know they're in the wrong and the consequences are greater if they don't.

hottieburger

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you mean this button?

jepg.png

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Be they would figure it out pretty quick if you cancelled payments

blured

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2010
Mcloud
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
A few of the streaming sites that i use often have a better pixel quality than the #ucking useless app

Cancelled my card today as a last resort and then got a message from them saying i was liable for further charges!!!
Hahaa, good luck with that guys.

take this to the financial and telecommunications ombudsman and the commission of fair trading.

don't let them ruin your credit rating by allowing this or ignoring this. As the last haha will be on you.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Anyone else have trouble with the Live Pass (overseas variety) today and last night? It's possible my internet is just s**t but it couldn't keep up all game and would randomly segue back an hour or so every few minutes. Which makes me think the service itself wasn't coping.

bing181

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2009
Paris
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone else have trouble with the Live Pass (overseas variety) today and last night? It's possible my internet is just s**t but it couldn't keep up all game and would randomly segue back an hour or so every few minutes. Which makes me think the service itself wasn't coping.

Yes, catastrophic. Seems to have been across the board.

I would:

- contact the AFL to complain
- contact your club to complain if you bought it through them
- contact WatchAFL and ask for a refund.

bing181

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2009
Paris
AFL Club
Melbourne
Got this reply from them:

"Hi there,

Unfortunately our network supplier experienced technical difficulties during the Tigers vs Giants match and we are currently working with them to remedy."

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Got this reply from them:

"Hi there,

Unfortunately our network supplier experienced technical difficulties during the Tigers vs Giants match and we are currently working with them to remedy."
Very frustrating because they've given good service this year, but have failed at a critical time. If it had been Melbourne and not Richmond I would have been smashing TVs.

Even though internet streaming is taking over the world, I always think this will be a problem for us poor sods overseas. I'd still fork out for Foxtel if it was available.

Scotsguy

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2015
Scotland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Kilmarnock FC

It has been working fine for me (touch wood).
Last year it was a nightmare but I get it with my membership and I am lucky enough to have most of the games live on the TV here.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
It has been working fine for me (touch wood).
Last year it was a nightmare but I get it with my membership and I am lucky enough to have most of the games live on the TV here.
It was flawless during the regular season (where my team exclusively featured as always) but has been dodgy since finals started. It's always hard to know if it's the internet or the service. Today I think the service.

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Its been good all year for me until today where it dropped out for the last 15mins of the game. Luckily it was already a forgone conclusion by that point.
Same here. I was watching at a sports bar full of Richmond supporters. I really felt for them as we missed most of the last quarter. I susoect demand will be even greater next week so they better sort it out.

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was flawless during the regular season (where my team exclusively featured as always) but has been dodgy since finals started. It's always hard to know if it's the internet or the service. Today I think the service.
I've had a similar experience recently. Seems to be more prevalent on Saturday night games. Frustrating because sometimes it'll stream fine on the tablet but not on the phone, then the phone will work but the tablet won't. The computer will work fine for a while then conk out.. I've been troubleshooting with them and they are good about trying to help but I thought the problem might have been with my ISP so it's interesting to see others are having similar problems. I've generally been happy with the service and the price is fair but they need to get their act together and fix this.

Back