Eddie raving about another club

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you not be swept up in the unbridled joy of a long-suffering supporter base experience a snippet of success. good luck to the Tiges. I can't feel anything but happy, when I think of my long suffering Tiger mates who've endured years of mockery - usually with the ability to see humour in their woes, yet have somehow remained incredibly passionate and committed. They are a fabulous group of supporters, second only to us. Go Tigers.

And let's face it watching Dustin Martin play footy is amazing. I'm with Eddie in his enthusiasm for Richmond's season.

You're a better person than I am.

How can you not be swept up in the unbridled joy of a long-suffering supporter base experience a snippet of success. good luck to the Tiges. I can't feel anything but happy, when I think of my long suffering Tiger mates who've endured years of mockery - usually with the ability to see humour in their woes, yet have somehow remained incredibly passionate and committed. They are a fabulous group of supporters, second only to us. Go Tigers.

And let's face it watching Dustin Martin play footy is amazing. I'm with Eddie in his enthusiasm for Richmond's season.

You may be more forgiving than me. I sat through a number of final losses to this mob in the 1970's -one prelim in 73 where we led by six goals at halftime and KB kicked a goal from the boundary on his left to put the tigers in front. We lost by a kick. I saw us crushed in 1980 and can still remember the taunting and abuse at the game. Colliwobbles and f u. No grace or joy from many-just rubbing salt into our wounds. I saw the ruthless tigers dominate the league in the late 60's and early 70's. Richmond may have been in the wilderness for years but they have never got close to experiencing the heartache of Collingwood fans. I have seen us lose ten grand finals and not once do I recall a supporter of another club expressing sympathy for our constant close calls-five of those GF's in a five year period-all but one we were in up to our necks. When we had our period in the wilderness I don't recall any goodwill when we bounced back under Mick Malthouse.

The mockery Richmond fans have endured is nothing to the pain felt when you lose a grand final by a kick-on more than one occasion with dubious umpiring decisions and you have "mates" and the opposition giving it to you in the stands and when the siren sounds. Tiger fans can tell me about mockery if they lose by a point next week and Crow fans rub their faces in it. The throw in another three or four GF's lost in similar fashion in the next decade and we can talk about hard times.

Yes Dusty is a champion but we have had plenty of champs and that has never seemed to win over Richmond/Cartlon or Essendon fans when we were up and about.

I will be happy for my brother in law ( a good man and a tiger lover) but this great enthusiasm for a hated arch enemy is something I find quite astonishing. Maybe I'm just a bitter old man -Go Crows!

Eddie is paid by Fox to lead their football coverage.

Eddie hosts the Football Show.

The biggest team and story in town right now is Richmond, it is Eddie's job to pump them up.

He doesn't have to be apoplectic. Wayne Carey, Jason Dunstall and Bruce Macca are more restrained than the president of the Collingwood Football Club. Even Richo- a former player and icon of the Richmond Footy club was restrained in comparison.:rolleyes:

You may be more forgiving than me. I sat through a number of final losses to this mob in the 1970's -one prelim in 73 where we led by six goals at halftime and KB kicked a goal from the boundary on his left to put the tigers in front. We lost by a kick. I saw us crushed in 1980 and can still remember the taunting and abuse at the game. Colliwobbles and f u. No grace or joy from many-just rubbing salt into our wounds. I saw the ruthless tigers dominate the league in the late 60's and early 70's. Richmond may have been in the wilderness for years but they have never got close to experiencing the heartache of Collingwood fans. I have seen us lose ten grand finals and not once do I recall a supporter of another club expressing sympathy for our constant close calls-five of those GF's in a five year period-all but one we were in up to our necks. When we had our period in the wilderness I don't recall any goodwill when we bounced back under Mick Malthouse.

The mockery Richmond fans have endured is nothing to the pain felt when you lose a grand final by a kick-on more than one occasion with dubious umpiring decisions and you have "mates" and the opposition giving it to you in the stands and when the siren sounds. Tiger fans can tell me about mockery if they lose by a point next week and Crow fans rub their faces in it. The throw in another three or four GF's lost in similar fashion in the next decade and we can talk about hard times.

Yes Dusty is a champion but we have had plenty of champs and that has never seemed to win over Richmond/Cartlon or Essendon fans when we were up and about.

I will be happy for my brother in law ( a good man and a tiger lover) but this great enthusiasm for a hated arch enemy is something I find quite astonishing. Maybe I'm just a bitter old man -Go Crows!

Probably not more forgiving - just younger. I'm old enough to remember Richmond being dominant in the early 80s, but not old enough at the time to have perceived the obnoxious arrogance that would have certainly gone with that success. for me, Tiger fans have always been the butt of jokes rather than the teller, and I admire how true they've stuck. Plus, I love their theme song.

Dudes cred is trash. Can't CEO channel 9. Can't beat front bar in the ratings. Can't President to finals without Malthouse. Dumbest sporting decisions in sport history to go with a succession plan after MM obtained the ultimate glory.

Goose cooked. Hope to god a decent replacement puts their hand up at the next election. Dude thinks he is Collingwood, as opposed to being a Collingwood servant.

Time for another Pies two year succession plan for Ed. Time for ed to take one for the "team"... "side by side" like... and get the * outta here

It really grated watching our Collingwood president rave and rant in an apoplexy of excitement when he talked about Richmond and their supporters today.. It is even more galling when the club he oversees has been so poor for a number of years. It's one thing to be unbiased and magnanimous but he seems almost as hysterical about Richmond's win as he was when we made GF's. I am trying to imagine another club president-say from Carlton or Essendon going purple in the face as he raves about the magnificent Collinwood footy club and their fantastic supporters. Not right.
Eddie has turned in to an idiot. I used to love him. He needs to go from Collingwood!

Nothing was saving Rocca, Cloke is a different matter though, which no doubt cost us the flag in '02.

Rocca hit a bloke who should have not been out there because Lade should have been suspended anyway from the week prior.. But I'm not sure that defence will hold up in court.

Dudes cred is trash. Can't CEO channel 9. Can't beat front bar in the ratings. Can't President to finals without Malthouse. Dumbest sporting decisions in sport history to go with a succession plan after MM obtained the ultimate glory.

Goose cooked. Hope to god a decent replacement puts their hand up at the next election. Dude thinks he is Collingwood, as opposed to being a Collingwood servant.

Time for another Pies two year succession plan for Ed. Time for ed to take one for the "team"... "side by side" like... and get the **** outta here
Yeah,well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Let me get this right Apex36......if we had Balme as opposed to Walsh we would have made the changes necessary to make the GF in 2017?

We play the victim card better than any Club.

******* Gubby he should hung for what he did to our Club.

P.S Well done to the Tigers and Dusty they deserve to be playing for the Cup in 2017.
Fair post.

There is a little too much of anything we do is just the worst thing ever, if another club is having success and there is any tenuous link to Collingwood then what they are doing is worlds best practice.

Like all clubs we do some things really well, we do something really badly and most things are done ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, a football commentator commentating about football....what next!!

I saw a car on the road yesterday, actually on the road...saw it with my own eyes, what's that all about?
I think I saw that car

Black it was, with a yellow trim

It really grated watching our Collingwood president rave and rant in an apoplexy of excitement when he talked about Richmond and their supporters today.. It is even more galling when the club he oversees has been so poor for a number of years. It's one thing to be unbiased and magnanimous but he seems almost as hysterical about Richmond's win as he was when we made GF's. I am trying to imagine another club president-say from Carlton or Essendon going purple in the face as he raves about the magnificent Collinwood footy club and their fantastic supporters. Not right.
The bastard

This is the stupidest thread I have ever seen on this board. It is his job with Foxtel to gush! Look at the Ch 7 commentators they are gushing about the Tigers! Yet this makes him a bad president????? This is just residual anger that the club backed Bucks in. I didn't want him back either but now it's happened I am getting behind the club! You should to!

I saw a car on the road yesterday, actually on the road...saw it with my own eyes, what's that all about?
What a silly comment. Who complained about Eddie "commenting" on the game? If you are referring to my post I probably need to explain it to you in simpler terms. I think you understand it perfectly but just have issues with the poster.;)

This is the stupidest thread I have ever seen on this board. It is his job with Foxtel to gush! Look at the Ch 7 commentators they are gushing about the Tigers! Yet this makes him a bad president????? This is just residual anger that the club backed Bucks in. I didn't want him back either but now it's happened I am getting behind the club! You should to!
But I wanted Bucks back in! Your theory has just collapsed! Sometimes words mean exactly what they are meant to mean. Eddie's hysteria about another club is unbecoming when you are the president of an opposing club. It's just an opinion.. Some have told me I should have changed the channel- fair enough. I would suggest others can ignore threads they find to be stupid rather than waste time commenting. That's another opinion!

Where have you been Domas?
Listen to tye dribble that Eddy talks on 3MMM in the mornings.

Usually a political rant similar to the footy show this week gone past.

Just sounds like a man who lost it.
Similar to Ray Martin in his later days on TV.

It's helpful to have discerning conversations with people who disagree with you sometimes.

When a person insulates himself with agreeable types then they get isolated.
Cannot listen to his lefty diatribes -never listen to TripleM . It would be like listening to The Project without the visuals.

That's just bizarre! We must have been in the same place at the same time. Was it a red car? The one I saw was! I agree, what the hell is that about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back