Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
So, I'm heading back to Adelaide from Brisbane for this weekend, and I'd love people's suggestions on great places to watch the Grand Final.

I'm thinking somewhere you could go with a few people, have a great lunch and then have a great viewing experience of the game itself.

Any suggestions?

So, I'm heading back to Adelaide from Brisbane for this weekend, and I'd love people's suggestions on great places to watch the Grand Final.

I'm thinking somewhere you could go with a few people, have a great lunch and then have a great viewing experience of the game itself.

Any suggestions?

Alma will have a great atmosphere but will be packed

West lakes hotel has a ridiculous new screen, largest single panel HD in the southern hemisphere I think. Will be wall to wall crows given its location.

I'd also like to know. You'd think the club will set something up at AO or maybe outside? Alma is okay but would like to try elsewhere close to the cbd.

They will, but they have it as 'TBA' at the moment. I'd think it'll either be Adelaide Oval or Elder Park that'll be the SA-based live site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

those packages look decent for people who cant go to the game.

Then if the Crows do do their live site at adelaide oval that would be on the ground itself so the atmosphere in the whole place would be pretty good you'd think!

those packages look decent for people who cant go to the game.

Then if the Crows do do their live site at adelaide oval that would be on the ground itself so the atmosphere in the whole place would be pretty good you'd think!
How many people do you think would be in those rooms? I agree, value looks good if you are a drinker and you do the maths. Biggest thing for me is the ability to have some beers and support rather loudly (But respectfully) without worrying about families getting too upset. I don't really wanna be drinking too much around children.

How many people do you think would be in those rooms? I agree, value looks good if you are a drinker and you do the maths. Biggest thing for me is the ability to have some beers and support rather loudly (But respectfully) without worrying about families getting too upset. I don't really wanna be drinking too much around children.
i doubt many families with children would do those - they'd be more likely to do the club run thing which will more likely be family friendly.

They don't say what rooms they're in (which is maybe so they can change depending on numbers). Those function rooms generally hold something like anywhere from 80-500 people depending on set up (cocktail vs seated), which room and some are dividable.

i doubt many families with children would do those - they'd be more likely to do the club run thing which will more likely be family friendly.

They don't say what rooms they're in (which is maybe so they can change depending on numbers). Those function rooms generally hold something like anywhere from 80-500 people depending on set up (cocktail vs seated), which room and some are dividable.
Thanks

The club is planning a live site for the game - I'd assume either Football Park or Adelaide Oval.

The SMA has a function on at Adelaide Oval for the game too.

You'd think Adelaide Oval would be a no brainer. Put it on the screens, open up a few of the food and drink outlets, there are toilets, there's shelter if people need to get out of the sun or rain etc. Spent all that money developing the place, might as well use it.

Just checked the club website amd it says there will be a LIVE site ay Adelaide Oval from 12pm to 6pm on Saturday to watch the game. More details updated soon (i assume tomorrow).

If they do this properly and make tickets cheap ($10 adults, kids free ish) you could have 25000 people there if its a nice day.

There us also a family day on Sunday from 1pm where win or lose players presented etc.

Can't make it to Melbourne so can't wait for this, 19 years on the making, was at the G in 98, it will still be huge in Adelaide though!

Was at the Crows shed for 1997 with about 10000 friends and that was amazing too!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back