Competitions New Freo BG Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guys - so recently I thought it would be nice if this off-season our board went through a bit of a make-over.I looked into whether or not we would be allowed to change our board's background since a few clubs have some really nice designs but then we, like a few others - just have a basic one.

I've been given the a-okay from Taylor to come up with some designs for a new background.

I'm not sure how many times in the past ours have been changed - although since this will be the first BG update since I've been a member at least, I want everyone to be apart of the design process and put in their opinion on what we should have.

A few existing ones as examples and their style:

Sydney - Multi-player based theme.https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/richmond.16/
Essendon - A player based theme.

Here was a mock-up that I did last night for fun just to show you guys what we could do.

22b33dba9e5b702d7d7b28fa7af0c06f.png

So now it's up to you guys and perhaps we'll add a poll after some ideas have been thrown around.

- Do you want a dark or light theme background (Above being a dark example)
- Should it be a single player or multiple players - and select a player(s) for your choice
- Imagery that should be included?
- Something more simple or more complex design wise?
- Other ideas?

Hopefully we can come up with something that everyone will enjoy. :)

As a white middle aged man - I will fight any change with all my strength.

I demand an e-mail vote to ascertain if there is an appetite to commence discussions about the possibility of change.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks a bit too much like the Freo website how about something like the top 10 favourite ever players voted each year before round 1 to keep it fresh

Changing it yearly would be something cool to do to keep things new. 10 players would be a bit overwhelming don't you think? 5 would be good.

Why don't we do something like the top 6 (maybe more, not sure how many we can realistically fit) Freo legends and cult heroes since inception? That way people can have their Pav (and old jumpers of different vintages) without it seeming too weird focusing on a player who has just retired.

I say Fyfe, Sonny, Pav, Clive, Wiz, Belly. Runners-up Kickett, Cooky, Elvis, Sandi, Shauny Mac and a Weller modelling shot. Or just have six photos of Kepler...

[edit: Harley on there might be a fitting indicator of our excitment levels also.]

Last edited:
Why don't we do something like the top 6 (maybe more, not sure how many we can realistically fit) Freo legends and cult heroes since inception? That way people can have their Pav (and old jumpers of different vintages) without it seeming to weird focusing on a player who has just retired.

I say Fyfe, Sonny, Pav, Clive, Wiz, Belly. Runners-up Kickett, Cooky, Elvis, Sandi, Shauny Mac and a Weller modelling shot. Or just have six photos of Kepler...

[edit: Harley on there might be a fitting indicator of our excitment levels also.]

Adelaide have a nice BG like that. :)

adelaide-2017-v2.jpg

I like the idea of incorporating legends of the club and adding a player from our women's team would be a nice touch also.

Adelaide have a nice BG like that. :)

adelaide-2017-v2.jpg

I like the idea of incorporating legends of the club and adding a player from our women's team would be a nice touch also.

That looks awesome - agreed re AFLW.

McLeod. Good thing we traded him for that superstar Chris Groom, what a spud... o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back