Competitions New Freo BG Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

can we have a poll at some stage OP? I like polls

also, nice initiative

Adding a poll was the plan. Can you add them to a thread or can they only be added when the thread is created? Going to try and snoop a few more ideas from people then put a poll up for voting.

Adding a poll was the plan. Can you add them to a thread or can they only be added when the thread is created? Going to try and snoop a few more ideas from people then put a poll up for voting.

Yeah take a few days to canvass opinions for sure. You created this thread so I think you should be able to edit and include a poll in OP when you want to, but if not give one of us a holler and we can make one.

Given a max of 22 options in a BF poll and a maximum of two votes per user, I suggest we probably do this in three parts - pick two of 22 present day players, then pick 2 of 22 past players, then 2 from the top 22 'lucky losers' from either group (and/or AFLW).

Poll buckets probably look something like:

Current players:
Hayden Ballantyne, Harley Bennell, Connor Blakely, Hayden Crozier, Sean 'shhh' Darcy, Nathan Fyfe, Brad Hill, Stephen Hill, Ethan Hughes, Michael Johnson, Ed Langdon, Griffin Logue, Cam McCarthy, David Mundy, Lachie Neale, Alex Pearce, Luke Ryan, Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Taberner, Darcy Tucker, Michael Walters, Lachie Weller

Past players (some great names missing from this):
Ben Allan, Michael Barlow, Peter Bell, Heath Black, Kepler Bradley, Matthew Carr, Troy Cook, Ryan Crowley, Paul Duffield, Jeff Farmer, Antoni Grover, Paul Haselby, Roger Hayden, Dale Kickett, Justin Longmuir, Peter Mann, Shaun McManus, Luke McPharlin, Paul Medhurst, Shane Parker, Matthew Pavlich, Clive Waterhouse

[edit: actually there's no limitation beyond two votes, so could do six votes in each bucket and figure it out from there. Not sure how you integrate AFLW without a third round though, unless Dana gets a spot by default as Doigette winner.]

Last edited:

dark theme, just the chevrons (no ffc logo business), and some players

maybe something like this would be nice -

bg-homepage-image.jpg

Im short on time at the moment but maybe incorporate the new perth stadium lit up in purple. To show our major anticipation of domination at this ground.

I'm sure theres a few photos floating around on the internet of the stadium and maybe we rename it for our home games. The purple stadium :p

While the reality is that the blokes team is the main team...

It can't be forgotten that the AFLW team is a premier team too. There will be times when the blokes side is crap and the women's team is on top of the world - and we're all happily riding on the waves of their success (winning is grinning). So, we should do 3 blokes one side, 3 women the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so after reading over this thread again I have sort of an idea on what to look at making; How about a combination of all the ideas on this thread?

It would be similar to the Adelaide Background - we could have 3 players on each side (or 4?) and Perth Stadium in the background, with appropriate logos and slogans also.

I was thinking on the left side it could be all current players + Dana Hooker, then on the right side it would be Pavlich + 2 or 3 other legends of the club. It would have effects in the background of course and I'll try and find a good picture of Perth Stadium to try and implement also. I had an idea to have some sort of effect where on the left it's just purple and white and on the right it's green, red and purple (To go with the players) but I think it might look a bit too full on.

So what do people think about this?

If it's a step in the right direction would need people to vote on # of players on each side and the players they want. Also what era / year too.

Eg: Manbun Fyfe on the left or Pre-Captain Pavlich on the right ETC.

Should go with what the masses will want...

Sutty, Sherro and Tippett on one side, Suban, Danyle Pearce and Conca on the other.

If there was a Dislike button, I'd click it for my own post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back