Rumour Fas was rumoured to be heading back to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Darling is a WA boy in his prime just turned 25, how is he in the conversation? Why would he come and why would they let him come?

As there was a Story a Month or 2 ago saying he was looking at Leaving the Eagles and we where Mentioned as 1 of the Destinations

What deal would you think would be the best outcome for us Knightmare for Fasolo to WC?

Has it been confirmed that Fasolo is asking for a trade to WC?

There are always three team trades to explore.

Discussions would likely centre around West Coast's picks (13 and 30).

Pick 30 is around what the return for Fasolo would be expected to be.

I'd also (and this is a hastily thought up trade scenario but could be a concept for consideration) consider getting creative with a trade along the lines of:
Pick 6 + Fasolo and Collingwood 2018 second round choice for pick 13 and West Coast's 2018 1st round choice.

*Overall from a Collingwood perspective. I quite like the possibilities around pick 13 this year. Noah Balta probably is available there and is one I see representing value and being an ideal list fit. If not, other talls will go around that point.
I also like the idea of loading up with first round picks for 2018. If WCE stink it up, or maybe that pick along with Collingwood's pick can move the club up into a top 2 2018 pick, Jack Lukosius may be the clubs long term key forward answer.
Whether WCE would accept this trade scenario I cannot answer. The value feels around right, if not marginally in WCE's favour given they may be getting the highest pick in the deal + the player. It would depend on a combination of how confident they are in their ladder finish v ours in 2018, how highly they rate Fasolo and whether they think pick 6 is much better than pick 13 this year.

I'd also (and this is a hastily thought up trade scenario but could be a concept for consideration) consider getting creative with a trade along the lines of:
Pick 6 + Fasolo and Collingwood 2018 second round choice for pick 13 and West Coast's 2018 1st round choice.

*Overall from a Collingwood perspective. I quite like the possibilities around pick 13 this year. Noah Balta probably is available there and is one I see representing value and being an ideal list fit. If not, other talls will go around that point.
I also like the idea of loading up with first round picks for 2018. If WCE stink it up, or maybe that pick along with Collingwood's pick can move the club up into a top 2 2018 pick, Jack Lukosius may be the clubs long term key forward answer.
Whether WCE would accept this trade scenario I cannot answer. The value feels around right, if not marginally in WCE's favour given they may be getting the highest pick in the deal + the player. It would depend on a combination of how confident they are in their ladder finish v ours in 2018, how highly they rate Fasolo and whether they think pick 6 is much better than pick 13 this year.
CFC2010 who has a good source from the past, posted it earlier this evening. I think going hard for their first pick would be ideal. Hard to see them going for it but worth a shot. If we could end up with Balta and a pick for next year I would be pretty stoked.

Only if we are bending over like last years trade period.

Fasolo could easily net a pick from as low as 18-25 range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan of downgrading our pick 6 this year, but I would be heavily interested in West Coast's future 1st round pick.

It's early days, but I reckon they'll be the big sliders of 2018. The return of Nic Naitanui is the only caveat there.

I'm not a fan of downgrading our pick 6 this year, but I would be heavily interested in West Coast's future 1st round pick.

It's early days, but I reckon they'll be the big sliders of 2018. The return of Nic Naitanui is the only caveat there.

West Coast may miss the top 8, but I'm not seeing them all that much worse.

While the midfield is weakened without Priddis and Mitchell, Nic Nat is a meaningful upgrade on Vardy/Petrie. Their lack of good youth is what makes me think a slight drop will happen, the return of Nic Nat though I feel offsets the losses of Priddis and Mitchell.

If I'm to pick some sliders. Geelong and Richmond I don't see as top 4 sides in 2018. West Coast probably miss the top 8. Hawthorn may drop further. Fremantle may drop further, as may North Melbourne.

Dropping the most may be Richmond next year. They may do a Western Bulldogs and miss the top 8. They've been fortunate to have a healthy run with injury. Overall, I don't love their youth and on talent I see them as an overachiever this year that were just a few injuries off being a 12th/13th placed side, as a side that has over the past 10 years had their win/loss record heavily affected by any of their better players missing.

Speculation like this is a tricky exercise, as things don't always work out the way they may project. Just consider an Adelaide v Richmond Grand Final. I could have had 30 attempts during the preseason at picking the two Grand Finalists and I would never have considered either of those two sides. And similarly, who had Western Bulldogs missing the top 8 with Robert Murphy and Mitch Wallis returning from injury, Stewart Crameri back and Travis Cloke added? With the evenness of the competition at the moment, it's a tipsters nightmare but great for the state of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back