Rumour Fas was rumoured to be heading back to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Brereton only 186, Dunstall 188. Things certainly change.
Hormones in chicken breast.....
None of the older players named had any "chicken" in them.
That's the real issue.....
We needs player who have absolutely no "CHICKEN" if you get my drift.

Unofficial word is that he's staying. Great to see. Losing him would set our already compronised forward line back.... if he were to go theres no way Mayne, Crocker or Kirby would kick 30 goals in 2018.
Great news. No matter your views on how Fasolo fits into our lineup in 2018, there is no way that him going to WA would result in us getting something back that is more valuable than he is. He would definitely be going at a loss for us.

Looking forward to a big 2018 for Fas.

On Nicks rumours of a player very disgruntled in that signed contract then asked for upgrade when Mayne et al got big contracts. Thinks he is undervalued mmm who could it be ?

Reading it, I thought it would be an interstater, and he came to mind. But so did Levi and Sidey.

I haven't seen the context of the post, but I would hope Greenwood isn't the one. He would be in the discussion about the most overpaid recruits we've ever had along with Mayne and White.

I tend to think it's guys that are good contributors that we signed on unders (Howe the other). Obviously we have no idea if there's any truth to it, but this and the ramifications on the salary cap were always the concerns I had over a bonkers deal for a borderline best 22 player.

I haven't seen the context of the post, but I would hope Greenwood isn't the one. He would be in the discussion about the most overpaid recruits we've ever had along with Mayne and White.

I tend to think it's guys that are good contributors that we signed on unders (Howe the other). Obviously we have no idea if there's any truth to it, but this and the ramifications on the salary cap were always the concerns I had over a bonkers deal for a borderline best 22 player.
I reckon howe came for unders and is one of our best players.....maybe tjis is why they appointed him vice captain at a strange tine of year....

Elliott, IMO.

Elliott's body is such it would have been hard to justify a big salary at the time.

It doesn't make the Mayne contract any less dumb arse though.

Elliott's body is such it would have been hard to justify a big salary at the time.

It doesn't make the Mayne contract any less dumb arse though.

We signed him up before s**t got real on the injury and with what he put together this year on the comeback trail imagine what he can do with another pre-season under his belt? Were I his manager I would definitely be raising it with the club because I guarantee Mayne is on more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brereton only 186, Dunstall 188. Things certainly change.

Everyone commented about Richmond's "mosquito fleet". But they still used guys up forward like Caddy, Townsend and Martin who are around the same height as Dunstall or Brereton. Ablett was also relatively short, and Carey was only 192.

Perhaps Richmond's forward line is less "revolutionary" and more "traditional".

In AFL history, ruckmen have never made great forwards. Forwards these days are at a ruckmans height. Perhaps the obsessions with 200cm forwards is over the top. I think you can have 1, but the rest should be around the 190-195cm mark with real agility.

On Nicks rumours of a player very disgruntled in that signed contract then asked for upgrade when Mayne et al got big contracts. Thinks he is undervalued mmm who could it be ?

Elliott, IMO.

Elliott signed end of 2015 and ends 2018 so you’d think he’d be focusing on another good year after injury and signing new contract for what he’s worth rather than getting too disgruntled.

I think Sidebottom or DeGoey

After JDG’s antics he should just be focusing on his game

Sidebottom hopefully already on more than Mayne so shouldn’t be too disgruntled and hopefully understands we are going to overpay to get players to Pies, just can obviously be upset that we picked a bit of a spud. As a leader shouldn’t be outwardly getting too disgruntled and could take a leaf out of Pendles public book and be looking to help Mayne improve (ie act as leader and do what’s best for club – not saying he’s not, just forming an argument for why it might not be him disgruntled)

Hopefully it’s a bit of a beat up or someone like Blair who has legit reason to be disgruntled – basically played instead of Mayne, yet would be on less coin and was only a 1 year contract (then again he could just be happy he got another year.)

If has truth to rumour my leaning is to a player who has longer term contract given others should just save it for next negotiation. Treloar, Pendles & Sidey all fit that bill but presumably all on good coin. Grundy, Sack & Cox signed after Mayne issue.

Only others already signed beyond 2018 are Crisp, Adams, Wills, Wells, Crocker & Phillips with only Phillips (of the youngsters) getting enough games to be in any position to ask for more and IMO still doesn’t have enough runs on the board. Wells not enough games to justify.

Crisp or Adams could be possibilities.

edit: Phillips & Crocker also signed recently.

Last edited:
Elliott signed end of 2015 and ends 2018 so you’d think he’d be focusing on another good year after injury and signing new contract for what he’s worth rather than getting too disgruntled.

After JDG’s antics he should just be focusing on his game

Sidebottom hopefully already on more than Mayne so shouldn’t be too disgruntled and hopefully understands we are going to overpay to get players to Pies, just can obviously be upset that we picked a bit of a spud. As a leader shouldn’t be outwardly getting too disgruntled and could take a leaf out of Pendles public book and be looking to help Mayne improve (ie act as leader and do what’s best for club – not saying he’s not, just forming an argument for why it might not be him disgruntled)

Hopefully it’s a bit of a beat up or someone like Blair who has legit reason to be disgruntled – basically played instead of Mayne, yet would be on less coin and was only a 1 year contract (then again he could just be happy he got another year.)

If has truth to rumour my leaning is to a player who has longer term contract given others should just save it for next negotiation. Treloar, Pendles & Sidey all fit that bill but presumably all on good coin. Grundy, Sack & Cox signed after Mayne issue.

Only others already signed beyond 2018 are Crisp, Adams, Wills, Wells, Crocker & Phillips with only Phillips (of the youngsters) getting enough games to be in any position to ask for more and IMO still doesn’t have enough runs on the board. Wells not enough games to justify.

Crisp or Adams could be possibilities.

edit: Phillips & Crocker also signed recently.

You would, but you would also think no one would be stupid enough to give Chris Mayne $500k pa for four years. Sometimes people don't do what you think they'll do.

I also guarantee it wouldn't be Crisp or Adams. The only bloke that is a peer to them as clubman is Pendles.

FWIW I need to stress that like 3rdman I think it's a fabrication.

You would, but you would also think no one would be stupid enough to give Chris Mayne $500k pa for four years. Sometimes people don't do what you think they'll do.

I also guarantee it wouldn't be Crisp or Adams. The only bloke that is a peer to them as clubman is Pendles.

I believe the rumour that Maynes contract was 420k p/year if triggers are met. I reckon the media has used some poetic license reporting the figure. It also makes sense it's front loaded because we were attempting to meet TPP last year with the exit of Cloke and Brown. The 4 years was the dumbest part of the deal.

Same here just thought I would mention it the poster seems pretty credible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back