Eddie raving about another club

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
I get what you're saying but I suspect Eddie's excitement came from a few angles:

1) Anti-GWS
2) Pro-Victoria/Big 4
3) This one is the key. Richmond finished 13th last year. Collingwood finished 13th this year. I'd argue (and so would Ed) that we at 13th in 2017 were far closer to finals than Richmond in 13th were last year. A few football department changes and an injury free run has them in Grand Final. I'd say Richmond makes Ed excited because he sees what we could be next year (in his mind)

What grates on me? Seeing Eddie campaigning to get Cotchin and Ellis off. YOU ARE THE PRESIDENT OF A CLUB THAT THE TRIBUNAL COST 2 FLAGS.

Then to hear Jonathan Brown of ALL people say "Nah Ed, they don't suspend players before Grand Finals".

F**king spare me redneck you won 2 flags in a row BECAUSE they suspended players before the Grand Final. Jerk off.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I'm sorry, but I can't believe this justifies a thread. He is a football commentator. That's his job. Richmond is a big story. He wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't talking about them in his capacity as a football commentator.
You completely miss the point of my initial post. McGuire is certainly entitled to talk and comment on Richmond or any other club. This is not the issue. Hysterical, hyperventilating about Richmond's win and purple faced suggestions that Richmond go to the courts if Cotchin is suspended is disturbing to me. As someone else has already mentioned, I'm not sure if he showed as much passion when Cloke and Rocca were suspended before our GF's.It clearly doesn't bother you and that's fine. It is the bewilderment expressed by some who cannot fathom why a Pie fan would be upset to see their club's President bursting a blood vessel over an opposition team which is equally astonishing in my eyes.

Last edited:

MISFITS

All Australian
Dec 2, 2010
Northcote
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm sorry, but I can't believe this justifies a thread. He is a football commentator. That's his job. Richmond is a big story. He wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't talking about them in his capacity as a football commentator.
There is 5 pages of opinions
(Clearly a lot of interest)
If you don't like it...don't read it

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
It really grated watching our Collingwood president rave and rant in an apoplexy of excitement when he talked about Richmond and their supporters today.. It is even more galling when the club he oversees has been so poor for a number of years. It's one thing to be unbiased and magnanimous but he seems almost as hysterical about Richmond's win as he was when we made GF's. I am trying to imagine another club president-say from Carlton or Essendon going purple in the face as he raves about the magnificent Collinwood footy club and their fantastic supporters. Not right.
God of all the things to get stuck into Ed for. You do realise he's on TV and it's his job to hype up whatever is going so people will watch their footy coverage? If he can't be biased towards the Pies on TV coverage, he can't be biased against the other teams. Presidents of Essendon and Carlton aren't covering footy on TV, so they don't have to pump up Richmond.

FFS give it a rest.

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
I will tell u exactly why he is doing it, trying to use Richmond as an example on why he kept Buckley as coach to show if they can do it we can do it.
Its pathetic, and im so over his attempts to make other examples the reason he makes his bias decisions.
My god you're even worse than the OP. Here I found your tinfoil hat.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I will tell u exactly why he is doing it, trying to use Richmond as an example on why he kept Buckley as coach to show if they can do it we can do it.
Its pathetic, and im so over his attempts to make other examples the reason he makes his bias decisions.
Unfortunately I think you're correct, and that would be folly for the club to hang it's hopes on:(

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
God of all the things to get stuck into Ed for. You do realise he's on TV and it's his job to hype up whatever is going so people will watch their footy coverage? If he can't be biased towards the Pies on TV coverage, he can't be biased against the other teams. Presidents of Essendon and Carlton aren't covering footy on TV, so they don't have to pump up Richmond.

FFS give it a rest.

Don't get overwrought. It's just an opinion. Take care.

It really grated watching our Collingwood president rave and rant in an apoplexy of excitement when he talked about Richmond and their supporters today.. It is even more galling when the club he oversees has been so poor for a number of years. It's one thing to be unbiased and magnanimous but he seems almost as hysterical about Richmond's win as he was when we made GF's. I am trying to imagine another club president-say from Carlton or Essendon going purple in the face as he raves about the magnificent Collinwood footy club and their fantastic supporters. Not right.
He works in the Media......
It's like...his job.....
Seriously how would the rest of the world react if he was all down in the mouth and carrying on like a big sook?
Do you really think idiots like Karl whatever his name is gives a rats arse about the people on his "gunna do it next year"
He does it for money, not love or even a passing interest.

You need to learn what the media is.

I believe I was expressing my opinion. I see nothing wrong with it.
I fully support your right to express your opinion, especially if it falls into line with mine.....:D:D:D:D

ps not loving the new front end ...but I'm sure I'll get used to it...3rd version in my time I think.
Needs a "Get F.....ed Donald Trump" button though.

I dont care if Eddie is raving about Richmond, But raving about Richmond is totally unprofessional. He should be commenting with no bias at all. That goes for all commentators.
ROFL...............................................EDDIE is 1 BIllion times less biased than Bitch Faced Ice Bath Horsehead and 85% of all other Victorian based football journalists. Eddie is 100% more sober than Robbo the tip scab.

The other 4% are not biased because they are basically vegetables and idiots.

Last edited:

ksardog

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2008
south australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
My god you're even worse than the OP. Here I found your tinfoil hat.

Really now? Why dont you go join your mates.

IMG_9573.JPG

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
ROFL...............................................EDDIE is 1 BIllion times less biased than Bitch Faced Ice Bath Horsehead and 85% of all other Victorian based football journalists. Eddie is 100% more sober than Robbo the tip scab.

No doubt.
But none of your examples are servants of their chosen clubs.
They are mere supporters with a media voice.
Our man has the same voice, but as the number one servant of our club, conflict is inevitable.

No doubt.
But none of your examples are servants of their chosen clubs.
They are mere supporters with a media voice.
Our man has the same voice, but as the number one servant of our club, conflict is inevitable.
I'll take the conflict....None of the others are smart enough to be Club Presidents. Most of them only just make it as human beings.
Case in point....James Brayshaw. Bland, generic, Eddie wanna-be.

Who in gods name could Robbo possibly coach?
Is there a an ethically diminished alcoholics team somewhere in Australia, which is not made up of Sky News journalists?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
ROFL...............................................EDDIE is 1 BIllion times less biased than B Faced Ice Bath Horsehead and 85% of all other Victorian based football journalists. Eddie is 100% more sober than Robbo the tip scab.

Hey next time, dont hold back.
Tell us what you really think

:)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll take the conflict....None of the others are smart enough to be Club Presidents. Most of them only just make it as human beings.
Case in point....James Brayshaw. Bland, generic, Eddie wanna-be.

Who in gods name could Robbo possibly coach?
Is there a an ethically diminished alcoholics team somewhere in Australia, which is not made up of Sky News journalists?
You're on fire.

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really now? Why dont you go join your mates.

View attachment 420475
Yes because not having a problem with our president pumping up a grand final team which hasn't been in a grand final for 35 years on a TV channel and not seeing that it's clearly just him trying to justify his decision of extending the contract of his club's much maligned coach because it's his best mate who he secretly wants to have sex with clearly means I have my head in the sand.

I actually didn't want Buckley to be coach next year, but I'm also not a crack-pot theory believin' half-wit who thinks every thing that happens to do with our club is some kind of action that goes against everything I want.

There's something about people who have dogs in their avatar.

Back