News Maxwell returns to Collingwood (see #60 for details)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can not like this enough. The club has hit the nail on the head with this one. Maxy is a great leader and a very good role model, i think he works great with players. Fantastic decision.

I think people under sell him as a player, yes he was no martin or dangerfield type player but he was very important. For those who can, watch the 2010 drawn GF. He saved us multiple times in that game. If he wasn't there, we lose on the day.

I agree with a previous post as well, he seems the type that wouldn't be afraid to challenge Bucks if he didn't agree with something.

That can be all the difference.

A bit harsh, that was 2010 and they were stripped of 2 Premierships and 3 pre-season premierships.
Minor premiers 2011 and premiers in 2012.
Maxy retired in 2014 the year Storm lost in an elimination final.
2015 they lost in a Preliminary Final.
2016 they lost in the Grand Final.
2017 They're in the Grand Final again.
Not harsh at all.

Souths were turfed from the competition while others, particularly Canterbury and Melbourne cheated their way to success.

Both can * right off

You can't be serious! He's a Collingwood Premiership Captain. Saved us in the drawn GF and was a general in our premiership year and again in 2011. Some people are very hard to please. It would be great to have that footy brain back at the Club not least because quality people like Maxy don't grow on trees.
Very serious, I don't really care nor see the relevance whether he was a Premiership Captain or on the interchange bench.

Anyway like with most things in footy, the opinion of one poster isn't really going to make any difference...it is a done deal and I hope it works out.

I think Maggie has been kidnapped by aliens.
Does anyone know where she lives who could check on her?

Look for desiccated foil, partially eaten cattle and/or various "probes"....
Hope you mean this definition:
lacking interest, passion, or energy
and not this one:
remove the moisture from (something), typically in order to preserve it.

SEN reported earlier this afternoon Maxy's role is full time and his job title is Leadership & Culture Manager.

Agree with this post.
Do you think this appointment will be of benefit to maxy if he does wish to make the transition to coaching? I would of thought an assistant role at a club would be a more traditional path to senior coaching.

Mate, as much as I would like Maxwell to replace you know who, it ain't gonna happen.

Maxwell has a higher calling.

PS : In a hypothetical sense, it would be interesting to see who McGuire would defer to as senior coach - the incumbent or Maxwell. What do you reckon?

Not sure what to think of this. Sounds like an unusual position, but wonder how it translates around the club day to day. How will this impact our onfield performance?

I just hope it's not some made up job to help Maxwell out and keep him at Colingwood.

Anyway I wish him well

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m torn on this. On one hand I’m happy for Maxy to be back at the club, especially having been in the Storm and GWS systems beforehand, but on the other hand, I want an end to the boys club appointments.

Proof will be in the pudding I guess, hopefully he can be as successful in this role as he was as the captain of the club.

At least with this boys club appointment, the boy has some fairly widely recognised applicable skills. As you say, time will tell, but I think its a great move.

tenor.gif

Mate, as much as I would like Maxwell to replace you know who, it ain't gonna happen.

PS : In a hypothetical sense, it would be interesting to see who McGuire would defer to as senior coach - the incumbent or Maxwell. What do you reckon?
FMD
I didn't even mention Buckley or Mc Guire, I was wondering about you're take on maxy taking this type of role if he had aspirations on being a senior coach which according to others here, he does not.
Pi$$ off with this line of agitation already, I just made the mistake of responding to you after an interesting post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's 33%.:D

As to Maxy, I like many here wanted to end the boys club but like many Maxy is the exception.

Very happy with this.:thumbsu:

Another hypothetical Eddie defers to him as next president when this terms finishes

This was one of the reasons Bucks kept his job, he was told someone would come into this role and be the players go to man, he will then report to and work with Bucks.

I'm usually against this stuff but very happy with the decision.

So he be the one who does Motivation?

FMD
I didn't even mention Buckley or Mc Guire, I was wondering about you're take on maxy taking this type of role if he had aspirations on being a senior coach which according to others here, he does not.
Pi$$ off with this line of agitation already, I just made the mistake of responding to you after an interesting post.

Putting aside your rather offensive "piss of" remark - my take is No, I don't expect this type of role to result in Maxwell moving into senior coaching but rather a CEO/Senior management type role. Who knows, it may not even be at Collingwood.

So he be the one who does Motivation?

Maybe he will act like a bridge between the players and the head coach. He could help deliver the coach's message in a way that is more palatable to the group, and also relay the group's feedback to the coaching group on issues that are not game-day specific.

He could also help increase our on-field leadership in ways the he himself executed it.

I'm OK with this as long as the head-coach allows him to execute his brief.

Maybe he will act like a bridge between the players and the head coach. He could help deliver the coach's message in a way that is more palatable to the group, and also relay the group's feedback to the coaching group on issues that are not game-day specific.

He could also help increase our on-field leadership in ways the he himself executed it.

I'm OK with this as long as the head-coach allows him to execute his brief.

Sounds like a Possible Idea Though Head Coach should not need someone else to help get a Message Across to the Playing List

Putting aside your rather offensive "piss of" remark - my take is No, I don't expect this type of role to result in Maxwell moving into senior coaching but rather a CEO/Senior management type role. Who knows, it may not even be at Collingwood.
Was meant to be offensive.
Tired of your boring crap and won't respond again. You're a wind up merchant but occasionally have some good opinions that I would like to persue with yourself. Sad to say the BS out weighs the fun of having a heated debate so GAGF my felllow pies "supporter".
PS: I'll probably bite again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back