News Maxwell returns to Collingwood (see #60 for details)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxy was the backline General in a Premiership year.
WTF isn't he in the box in charge of the back 6?
Another right royal glory be up by Ed and co.
We are a shambles. Even the obvious is not seen by our useless admin.
He has to want to coach, and all indications is he does not, and to be in this part of the club. So how is it a stuff up, if he wants to be in administrator And not in coaching.

Was meant to be offensive.
Tired of your boring crap and won't respond again. You're a wind up merchant but occasionally have some good opinions that I would like to persue with yourself. Sad to say the BS out weighs the fun of having a heated debate so GAGF my felllow pies "supporter".
PS: I'll probably bite again!

Mate, I like your candour and aggression. Keep it up. Nothing wrong with seriously health debate but to have such debate, there needs to be two sides to the argument.

You think I'm a wind up merchant. Maybe! But I think we can all be a little guilty of that if we are honest. That's cool. Give as good as you get - the Brereton motto. I don't expect you to agree but I am ******* angry with what with these *s have done to our club over the past 6 years. That's my position. Yours and most others are to the contrary. Fair enough too. I'm not gonna bag you for having a different position.

At least you have come out directly swinging. And I hope you bite again.

Cheers

He has to want to coach, and all indications is he does not, and to be in this part of the club. So how is it a stuff up, if he wants to be in administrator And not in coaching.
We've got enough admins.
We need coaches who have an idea, because we lack that big time at the moment.
And Maxy has been involved at a club that has been successful, who actually know how to tackle.
As well as involved at a club that has had to harness raw young talent.
If he wants to push a pen, then he can do so elsewhere.
We have to spend the members cash on people prepared to improve our on field performance.

Forgive me if i'm not joining in the circle-jerk, considering our recent history of appointing former club 'greats'. Another incredibly insular decision on face value.

But with any luck he makes some sort of positive impact, as it'll improve the club as a whole if he can.

Tsk tsk tsk ...

His quote "It's just so different now, I don't think there's another organisation that is as big in sport at the moment as the Pies are in terms of the netball team, the AFLW, and obviously the administration of football. The opportunity to work with so many people across all the different codes ..."

... there is actually one other AFL club that has a netball team and an AFLW team and provides the opportunity to work with so many people across all the different codes ...

... it's the one he's just friggen come from!!! :rolleyes:

We've got enough admins.
We need coaches who have an idea, because we lack that big time at the moment.
And Maxy has been involved at a club that has been successful, who actually know how to tackle.
As well as involved at a club that has had to harness raw young talent.
If he wants to push a pen, then he can do so elsewhere.
We have to spend the members cash on people prepared to improve our on field performance.
If he can help improve the off field proformance of the club, that can go a long way to improve our on field proformance. It's not just the coaching side of the club that's has to go forward, but all erea's of the club.
Wether he is the person that can help us long term, is a wait and see.

Boiled down, Ed was very, very vocal when he assumed command at CFC, that "jobs for the boys" was an issue that he would address.
And he did.
Why a decade and a half later it appears that he has done the 180 degree turn, appointing several former players, we might never know.
I think it shows that Ed has lost the point.
The reversal of his previous position, cab only be explained by him.

If he can help improve the off field proformance of the club, that can go a long way to improve our on field proformance. It's not just the coaching side of the club that's has to go forward, but all erea's of the club.
Wether he is the person that can help us long term, is a wait and see.
You are correct.
Premierships are won when all departments push for victory.
Ê

Am v happy to hear that we've got Maxy back... has been sorely missed.

The fact that its not in a coaching / backline role was surprising, and that its potentially diluted by Netball & AFLW commitments is also slightly worrisome, but I'm trusting that the club knows what its doing and that his remit will actually involve coaching input as well.

maybe he can help jag a couple of GWS players as well... :D

Tsk tsk tsk ...

His quote "It's just so different now, I don't think there's another organisation that is as big in sport at the moment as the Pies are in terms of the netball team, the AFLW, and obviously the administration of football. The opportunity to work with so many people across all the different codes ..."

... there is actually one other AFL club that has a netball team and an AFLW team and provides the opportunity to work with so many people across all the different codes ...

Yeah, he's probably counting supporters in "big" as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leadership and Culture manager.

**** me this club is getting more and more like the public service.

I know what you mean.

It might be a good thing, but what does his JD say?

What are his responsibilities? What are his authorities? Who does he answer to? How is his performance in the role measured?

Why not? We lack leadership if he can improve that, we improve as a team.
How can he provide leadership from the back office.
My post was in response to the assertion that Maxy didn't want a coaching role, as I suggested he should be our back six coach, instead he wants to be an administrator.
As I state, hard to provide leadership when behind a pile of paperwork.

Very serious, I don't really care nor see the relevance whether he was a Premiership Captain or on the interchange bench.

Anyway like with most things in footy, the opinion of one poster isn't really going to make any difference...it is a done deal and I hope it works out.

Staggering.

What are the reasons why you don't rate him?

My post was in response to the assertion that Maxy didn't want a coaching role, as I suggested he should be our back six coach, instead he wants to be an administrator.
I'm sure Maxy isn't the type of bloke who's going to be stuck under a pile of paper work. He'll be doing the hands on approach imo. Coaching isn't for everyone, this is probably something he's more passionate about. He's there to guide the team as whole to all be leaders on and off the field. He's providing his knowledge on leadership.

Tsk tsk tsk ...

He did say big, not an adjective that can be used for GWS.

Paperwork? Are you serious?

Good point, I'd say Shawy was a better captain before hand - not as a good player in skills sense but a better captain

I've always thought Tuddy the pick of our captains in my time. Mark Williams was very good as was Wayne Richardson.

Staggering.

What are the reasons why you don't rate him?
Don't rate him as highly as most as a player nor leader and the opinions he has expressed since leaving the club.
But more importantly, not sure about bringing more ex players back.
Anyway as I stated previously, not enthused about it but if it improves us all good. I just never got into best captain etc.
No real angst, just my opinion.
Will still renew my membership and go to as many games as possible.

Another hypothetical Eddie defers to him as next president when this terms finishes
If Maxwell lives that long ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back