Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, bottom left of page, offers you format options. I prefer 'cool'.
I reverted back to cool but have since changed and giving the new format a go. Getting used to it now.
Good on the ipad but seems to switch back and forth from old format to new.

Be careful. Their mods will be especially grumpy if the Tiges lose. You may not get a fair hearing.;)

I'd give an arm and a leg to see the tigers lose today so a fair hearing Is the least of my worries :p

Well this is good news. Can never find a Westpac ATM when I need it always go to get cashout at supermarkets.
I wonder whether other banks will follow suit?

The Commonwealth Bank has become the first bank to axe $2 fees for customers from other institutions that withdraw money from its ATMs

Reserve Bank of Australia data shows Australians made more than 250 million ATM withdrawals from banks other than their own last year, earning the banks millions of dollars.

Matt Comyn, the group executive of CommBank’s retail banking services, said Australians had complained for some time about being charged fees for using another bank’s ATM.

“As Australia’s largest bank, with one of the largest branch and ATM networks, we think this change will benefit many Australians and hopefully demonstrate our willingness to listen and act on customer feedback,” he said on Sunday.

Well this is good news. Can never find a Westpac ATM when I need it always go to get cashout at supermarkets.

The Commonwealth Bank has become the first bank to axe $2 fees for customers from other institutions that withdraw money from its ATMs

Reserve Bank of Australia data shows Australians made more than 250 million ATM withdrawals from banks other than their own last year, earning the banks millions of dollars.

Matt Comyn, the group executive of CommBank’s retail banking services, said Australians had complained for some time about being charged fees for using another bank’s ATM.

“As Australia’s largest bank, with one of the largest branch and ATM networks, we think this change will benefit many Australians and hopefully demonstrate our willingness to listen and act on customer feedback,” he said on Sunday.
Just got one of those news flash reports, westpac and another of the big bank are following suit.
I wonder though where will they ramp up their fees on to recoup the losses.

Just got one of those news flash reports, westpac and another of the big bank are following suit.
Think that they be getting more than enough from interest on credit cards.

Exactly. Banks don't give away money.

For security purposes I never use hole in the wall or freestanding ATM's.
For a small purchase I can withdraw cash through a supermarket checkout terminal.
Much more secure.
Here's an example,
Don't believe it doesn't happen here because it does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think that they be getting more than enough from interest on credit cards.
If you pay your card back to zero, that's the key, back to zero, by the due date, you will pay no interest.
(Assuming no cash advance.)

But fear not, banks still make money on the exchange between the cards.

Also credit deposits are gold for banks.

But a fair and strong banking sector is essential for a healthy Australia.

If you pay your card back to zero, that's the key, back to zero, by the due date, you will pay no interest.
(Assuming no cash advance.)

But fear not, banks still make money on the exchange between the cards.

Also credit deposits are gold for banks.

But a fair and strong banking sector is essential for a healthy Australia.
I once had three cards (the old Bankcard) but now have two from the bank no fees and am pretty proud to say that in all that time have never paid a cent in interest. Use them for supermarket, petrol and if I don't like the way I am being served in a shop, otherwise pay via cheque account. Always pay cash in small shops like butcher, fruit and vegies, deli and baker.

I once had three cards (the old Bankcard) but now have two from the bank no fees and am pretty proud to say that in all that time have never paid a cent in interest. Use them for supermarket, petrol and if I don't like the way I am being served in a shop, otherwise pay via cheque account. Always pay cash in small shops like butcher, fruit and vegies, deli and baker.
You're on to it.
Good work

American Icon and Playboy Founder, Hugh M. Hefner passed away today. He was 91. #RIPHefpic.twitter.com/tCLa2iNXa4

DKx7PtFVwAAjDOv.jpg

8:13 PM - 27 Sep 2017

Loved the articles Hugh :D:rabbit:

For security purposes I never use hole in the wall or freestanding ATM's.
For a small purchase I can withdraw cash through a supermarket checkout terminal.
Much more secure.
Here's an example,
Don't believe it doesn't happen here because it does.

It absolute does. Organised crime syndicates from overseas are pretty fond of skimmers. Some of them are very well made and hard to pick.

Hey, you don't need to make that purchase with Woolies. Not sure if Coles still have the option, but you can just use the self serves as a withdrawal facility without purchase.

It absolute does. Organised crime syndicates from overseas are pretty fond of skimmers. Some of them are very well made and hard to pick.

Hey, you don't need to make that purchase with Woolies. Not sure if Coles still have the option, but you can just use the self serves as a withdrawal facility without purchase.
I'm an IGA man.
Woolies, Wesfarmers are the devil!

Why am I watching TFS? It's an absolute train wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back