Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I think this is the most realistic scenario. I don't think Scully or any other first 22 player for that matter will be coming. Griffen, if he gets fit could be a good addition for a year or two, unlike the Palmer dump.

My real concern is though, if Gibbs stays, how do we then get the deal done? Future picks will have to come in to play and I'm not sure I like that. Not having a second this year hurts. #3 won't be used ala last year and we can't involve their first anymore as it is now 60+. How does deal get done? I really like the idea of these 2 coming in. Kennedy is a gifted player and Smith a bull.
The only way would have to be with Gibbs getting traded for the Dees pick 10, otherwise we would have to cough up pick 3 or next years first !!! The trade period throws up some strange deals so maybe it gets done by something from left field.......?:huh:

The last thing Carlton needs to do to build a sustainable finals list is make overnight millionaires out of GWS stars like Kelly - I am so so happy that kid decided to stay at GWS.

On the right terms if SOS and Bolton reckon they can get him playing at his best - Boyd 'fits' needs as far as forward/ ruck option goes - but big immobile types are more and more becoming relics of the past as far as AFL football goes - look at how useless Patton was against the tuggers - same as Hawkins these days....Boyd only if he can give Kreuzer a real chop out in the ruck and only if he has the mongrel required ( on field) - I'd be tempted to give it a go for 400K a year.

Amused at Rockliff's reputation on here from distant observers - bloke is a gun and judging by the article on his connection to Marchbank - sounds like an ok fella - a worthy consideration for a developed mid we badly need.

As for the other GWS 'caste offs' - they surely can't be worse than the pathetic efforts on display by what was left on field after Shiel was taken out - the GWS midfield was destroyed by a bunch of harder at it talentless mongrels ( Martin aside) - so hilarious to see Cotchin as the 'enforcer'...so so funny.

Sure bring on Kennedy/Smith - but don't expect too much from either - they will need to be deGWS'd - not a fan of Griffen coming to Carlton - too old - the salary dump caper has run its course at Carlton - see Palmer as the classic fail.
But that is why it`s called a dump.........we scratch their (gws) back and we get the better players easier. I don`t think we had great expectations that Palmer would do anything other than sit out the rest of his contract at the N.B. but it is possible that Griffen still has something left in his tank, and he is a big bodied guy. I think he only has 1 year left on his contract doesn`t he ???

Some very divisive crap by the sound of it..........maybe Boyd is feeling the heat from the club/players because they are looking for scapegoats after flopping this year.......?
He was feeling the heat last year when they were going well.

From what I know, the Bulldogs players do give him greif about his paycheck....but it's directed as a joke. Tom has sometimes struggled with this and it was one of the factors in his dust up with his housemate.

He was feeling the heat last year when they were going well.

From what I know, the Bulldogs players do give him greif about his paycheck....but it's directed as a joke. Tom has sometimes struggled with this and it was one of the factors in his dust up with his housemate.

Said as a joke ? Never a truer word said in jest

Said as a joke ? Never a truer word said in jest
Well that's the thing. It's like casual banter, but he feels there's a genuine sinister undertone to it from what I've heard from people close to the source. He snapped and had a dust up with his housemate when the barbs became one too many.

Can't see it. Guy surprises everyone with a request for trade only two years into a five year contract and SOS demands a king's ransom for it, effectively nixing the whole thing. After one of his best years in Navy Blue, why would we suddenly want to push him out?

I think it's just simple hedging bets. Gibbs doesn't categorically say "I'm staying at Carlton" or "I am not requesting a trade at all" because that obviously isn't the case. I mean, half the time, players say that and it's just crap. In this case, he's not even saying it. Clearly the door is open and if anything, the club and Gibbs have an understanding of what will be required for a move to happen. Or he hasn't told the club he requests a trade yet. Again.

Lot of cloak and dagger in it all. Get the feeling there's a quiet understanding between all three parties. Crows happy to come calling again, Gibbs happy to stay at Blues if he has to, SOS happy to let him go for the best price (pick 10).

Interestingly, if Adelaide wins the flag, does this mean they would be happier to part with #10?

It might be worth less to them now, if they would rather stay top of the tree with a senior player rather than get another pick.

Rocky would be totally hung after the Brownlow.

Not an ideal time for a job interview

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping a few of these expectations actually come off this year. Given Gibbs is likely staying now, and we will not get any picks for him, that leaves us with Pick 3 and Pick 38 to go to the Draft with AND secure Smith & Kennedy. In the latest article,

Rockliff is to be interviewed by two other clubs, one is Port and I'm betting the other to be Hawthorn, which may not be good news for us.

Just hoping we aren't getting our expectations too high in here, I'd love Rockliff to come off but there's a realistic chance he won't pick us, if he wants more $$ he may end up at Port.

Sam McClure reported this morning on SEN that Hawthorn (and St.Kilda) are in fact looking at Andrew Gaff. McClure didn't mention anything about Rockliff, who he thinks will be Carlton bound.

I've been thinking Trigg has been doing a wonderful job. He has brought great stability to the club.I really feel like we have the right people in the important positions at the moment and I'd hate to stuff that up.
Trigg talks and talks and talks......I don't think the players have a lot of respect

Trigg talks and talks and talks......I don't think the players have a lot of respect

What an odd comment.

Why on earth does how much he talks have any impact on the playing group? His role is at the corporate level and has SFA to do with the players in their day-to-day lives, so them having "mucho respecto" or not for him is somewhat irrelevant.

Carlton Board

Want to stand for every issue that comes along.....then stuffs up Same Sex Marriage
Carlton membership now in the middle of the pack
Carlton revenue is in the middle of the pack
NO development of Ikon Oval
Financially always struggling....
a Board that got Mick Malthouse with no selection process
a board that could not control wealthy benefactors like Mathieson....
a club that could not manage the best full forward in the past 30 years....FEV
the board, after consultation with Malthouse.....let Eddie Betts go for the sake of $25k
had a welfare officer looking after the indigenous kids...Garlett, Yarren etc.....Malthouse got rid of them to utilise the funds for his coaches
and then all the problems began...
Waite, Garlett, Betts and Fev.....what a disaster....Sam Jacobs to the Crows and kept Hampson and Warnock
SOS, Bolton, have the football department working....but it will all be to no avail if something is not done about the board

For 40 years I have analysed company directors.....

The Carlton board is the worst I have ever seen.......

What an odd comment.

Why on earth does how much he talks have any impact on the playing group? His role is at the corporate level and has SFA to do with the players in their day-to-day lives, so them having "mucho respecto" or not for him is somewhat irrelevant.

if he can't keep the players interested....what chance with corporates ?
go to one of his talks and canvass the audience afterwards...

Carlton Board

Want to stand for every issue that comes along.....then stuffs up Same Sex Marriage
Carlton membership now in the middle of the pack
Carlton revenue is in the middle of the pack
NO development of Ikon Oval
Financially always struggling....
a Board that got Mick Malthouse with no selection process
a board that could not control wealthy benefactors like Mathieson....
a club that could not manage the best full forward in the past 30 years....FEV
the board, after consultation with Malthouse.....let Eddie Betts go for the sake of $25k
had a welfare officer looking after the indigenous kids...Garlett, Yarren etc.....Malthouse got rid of them to utilise the funds for his coaches
and then all the problems began...
Waite, Garlett, Betts and Fev.....what a disaster....Sam Jacobs to the Crows and kept Hampson and Warnock
SOS, Bolton, have the football department working....but it will all be to no avail if something is not done about the board

For 40 years I have analysed company directors.....

The Carlton board is the worst I have ever seen.......

Trigg's done all that in three years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also last game Taylor Walker had 4 goal assists as well as his 2 goals. The scorecard will just say 2 goals in junk time, but 4 assists when the game mattered is a big impact.
The beauty of a gun big forward is that they drag defenders with them. One of the reasons the crows score so easily is that Taylor Walker knows how to be a decoy to seperate defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back