Brownlow votes

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure Bruce claimed that Martin and Cotchin would be the first time two winners played in the one GF side. How quickly they forget. We had two in 2002 (Voss and Aker) and three in 2003 (+ Black).

How did zorko only get 1 vote vs geelong?

Pretty sure it was the best game in terms of ranking points ever played, 9 coaches votes...
That's bloody ridiculous... 36 touches, 4 goals, 12 tackles, 10 clearances and he got one vote. In the umpires' eyes he was worse than Mitch Duncan, who had 38 touches, 2 goals, 0 tackles. Unbelievable.

That's bloody ridiculous... 36 touches, 4 goals, 12 tackles, 10 clearances and he got one vote. In the umpires' eyes he was worse than Mitch Duncan, who had 38 touches, 2 goals, 0 tackles. Unbelievable.
Would have thought the only thing for the umps to consider was whether Zorko or Danger got the 3.

I think it was the second Bulldogs game. We lost but still had the 3 vote getters. Even the first time we played we had the top 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As there is no other reason to allot votes except for the Brownlow, it absolutely staggers me why they continue to give votes to a player who has been suspended.

It would alleviate all the angst about a suspended player getting the most votes as has happened and nearly did again last night.

As there is no other reason to allot votes except for the Brownlow, it absolutely staggers me why they continue to give votes to a player who has been suspended.

It would alleviate all the angst about a suspended player getting the most votes as has happened and nearly did again last night.

There is a certain logic to it though.

If votes to previously suspended players aren't allowed, you get a situation where a player who is second best in a particular game gets promoted to the 3 votes instead of 2, arguably compromising the integrity of the total votes given.

Imagine a scenario where there were 3 "ineligible" players in one game who in the opinion of the umps were the 3 best (amd fairest) on the ground. If they can't allocate votes to any of them, they now have to go down to the 4th,5th and 6th best to allocate 3,2 and 1 votes.

It's always going to have problems but perhaps the most practical solution is not to disqualify players at all. The game(s) missed due to suspension are a handicap anyway.

I kept yelling at Bruce last night to keep his hands off Dusty.
Was creepy when he got right in his face .also.
Fev on the red carpet was pretty creepy too.

Proud of our captain ,he did really well and his wife looked beautiful, as did Steph and his partner.

I kept yelling at Bruce last night to keep his hands off Dusty.
Was creepy when he got right in his face .also.

Probably time Bruce was relieved of the Brownlow gig.

He's getting more and more like a parody of himself.

Yeah........... and he did look disturbingly creepy when he ambushed Dusty from behind at the table.

Reminiscent of this guy

upload_2017-9-26_18-33-59.jpeg

Last edited:
Because he was great years ago, people (other media types) seem to think he still is....he's not.

He makes my skin crawl now and I find him embarrassing..... I'm tipping a lot of the players laugh at him behind his back, which is sad.

Time to put him out to "Living Legends"......oh forgot, that's a retirement home for champion racehorses;)

Well, if you don't mind! Our Mrs Kelly Beams has hit the world stage!:D

Was just reading the home page of the DailyMail online and there was a picture of our captain and his lovely lady.

...it was a story of her dress and the Brownlow with other photos of the couple as well. Comments under the story were all flattering. She certainly is a lovely looking girl.

Could've knocked me over with a feather. Woohoo!

edit: .....there are other stories of the Brownlow as well, but they are just general with photos of all, but our Mr and Mrs Beams got their own individual story. For those looking for it, it is on the side well down the main page.

Last edited:

The one thing the NRL has right is they dock 3 points for every game suspended. I think that's a great way to go about it.

Dusty surprised me as well. Comes across as quite shy.

That does sound like a good idea....imo something must be done about it.

re: Dusty, I've grown to like him a lot, and I agree, he seems quite shy. Considering his upbringing with a father like he has, he has turned out very well. Footy may have saved him.

re: Dusty, I've grown to like him a lot, and I agree, he seems quite shy. Considering his upbringing with a father like he has, he has turned out very well. Footy may have saved him.

should be cutting Swan as a mate though. Absolute drongo and try hard

My son liked that Dusty looked into the camera and said I love you mum and dad in the interview on ground immediately after the siren. So for that Dusty wins a big tick for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back