Footy Dept. Soon to be ex-GM - List & Recruiting Adrian Dodoro #putoutyourjackets

Cliff notes:
  • Stepping back from his current senior role following the 2023 AFL Draft
  • Transition plan, raised the possibility with Vozzo in April
  • Replacement is Matt Rosa, whose thread is here: Welcome to Essendon Matthew Rosa – AFL Talent & Operations Manager!
Full text from media release said:
To coincide with this announcement, the Club’s General Manager of List and Recruiting, Adrian Dodoro, has made the decision to take a step back from his current senior role following this year’s NAB AFL National Draft. He will lead the Club through the upcoming 2023 Trade and Draft period in his current position prior to transitioning to and assisting Matt Rosa moving forward.
Dodoro, an Essendon Life Member, has played a significant role at the Bombers over nearly three decades and said the time was right to take a step back.
“I approached Craig back in April to discuss the concept of transition and I feel that now is the right time to make this decision,” Dodoro said.
"I sat on the panel to assist in the selection of Matt, and I believe he will be an outstanding acquisition to the Club for years to come. I look forward to working with Matt moving forward.
“These roles are very taxing on individuals and their families and it just feels like that. After nearly three decades and with stability in key roles at the Club, now is the right time for me to take a step back in to a role which will provide me and my family with a better work life balance.
“More immediately, we have an important few months coming up and I’m looking forward to playing my part to deliver a strong Trade and Draft period for the Club to ensure that the playing list is in a strong position for the future.”
Essendon CEO Craig Vozzo acknowledged the significant impact Dodoro has made at the Club since joining in a full-time role in 1998.
“Adrian is a highly respected Life Member of the Essendon Football Club and has made an enormous contribution to the Club and the wider AFL industry during his time in football, including assisting to navigate the Club through unprecedented and challenging periods,” Vozzo said.
“Throughout his time at the Bombers, Adrian’s commitment and passion to take the Club forward in its list management and recruiting, has been unquestionable. Some of the Champions of Essendon have been identified and selected by Adrian, and we will always be grateful for the important and enduring role he has played.
“On behalf of the entire Club, we would like to acknowledge Adrian’s selfless decision and we look forward to his ongoing contribution to the Club.
“Adrian will work with Matt to ensure a smooth hand-over and a successful transition of responsibilities.”

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Not immune to criticism at all.

People blaming our past shitness, especially during the saga, on Dodoro are putting their blame in the wrong direction.

Dodo has had some shockers in Kav and Steinberg, also had some absolute steals Raz and Merrett.

People also complaining we never land a big name at trade also fail to take into account we have been a very s**t side for a very long time. Not overly attractive to opposition players

Brisbane Lions were a basket case and they got Dayne Beams heck even clubs like the Saints manage to attract talent. I think it has nothing to do with us being a s**t side I think we just suck at convincing players to join us.

Brisbane Lions were a basket case and they got Dayne Beams heck even clubs like the Saints manage to attract talent. I think it has nothing to do with us being a s**t side I think we just suck at convincing players to join us.
Any ideas why that might be mate?

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
starwars.jpg

you don't need to see our pick 11

its not the pick you are looking for

you can go about your drafting

move along.

MS Paint isnt going anywhere.
Its just been moved to the store and may not be native. No plans to abandon it though
I know but I had to post that article.

Bomber_Dan

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Does anyone else get the feeling that this year will be make a break or career for jackets? I think jackets will tear it up upcoming draft and trade period.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
The football world was abuzz yesterday as Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro strode into day one of trade negotiations but most people were more curious about the backpack that was casually slung over his left shoulder.

Untitled.jpg

In an Ess BF special report we have been given exclusive access to the curious contents of the bag, which may give us a clearer picture into what makes the man, the enigma that is Adrian Dodoro tick.

dodo bag.jpg

Upon first glace it seems a bag of oddities but if one analyses it further everything has a purpose.

Firstly we have 2 Jackets which are self explanatory.

We find a feather and ink well, this is assumed to be for signing of contracts, some say the feather comes from an albino pelican that wanders bay street in port Melbourne.

We have a pocket watch which is clearly for advanced hypnosis and general time keeping.

Also found is a phone tap kit and x ray glasses, nuff said.

A hairbrush is present for media conferences.

A tube of lube, unopened. He generally goes in dry during negotiations.

A curious collection of zip ties, copper wire and a 9 volt battery point to an advanced negotiation kit.

and lastly a grilled focaccia incase he gets peckish.

so as you can see, he is a man prepared and at the top of his list management game, lets just hope he doesn't need to visit an airport any time soon.

more to follow.

Back