Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be fascinating list management. As it sits, I'd resign one of Howlett, Hocking or Bird to a one year contract.

One year contract to Goddard and Watson, if they want it. I'd give Stanton a one year contract.

I'd delist Baguley and possibly Jerrett.
I don't reckon Bags is done yet. Had an ordinary game against Carlton, but his previous two were strong.

Seeing we haven't finished top 4 in either the VFL of AFL for over 10 years I'd suggest our list management and recruiting has been way below average.

But hey, lets not get facts in the way of celebrating a good second round pick once in a blue moon.
We were 2 goals off a VFL GF 2 years ago.

Seeing we haven't finished top 4 in either the VFL of AFL for over 10 years I'd suggest our list management and recruiting has been way below average.

But hey, lets not get facts in the way of celebrating a good second round pick once in a blue moon.
5 all Australians this year buddy!

Settle down Kelvin.

I would have thought the likes of Tippa, McKenna, Z.Merrett, Heppell, McGrath, Fantasia in the last 10 years is solid considering our draft sanctions and losing some solid players in Hibberd to get nothing of value back...

Oh wait, we turned Crammers into Zach...

We finished fourth in the VFL in 2015. Get your facts straight next time.

Brisbane Lions were a basket case and they got Dayne Beams heck even clubs like the Saints manage to attract talent. I think it has nothing to do with us being a s**t side I think we just suck at convincing players to join us.
Beams went to play with his brother, just happened to be at Brisbane WHICH ALSO JUST HAPPENS TO BE HIS HOME STATE

And who the * have Saints attracted? Some ex GWS players?
Adelaide lost more players than anyone and are now heavy favourites for a flag, lots more goes into success than attracting a player.

I know you think we should be awesome all the time and everything else is a failure but * sake mate, your pessimism is ******* tiring all the ******* time. I've bit my lip for a long time, but I've had enough, it's in every ******* thread every ******* day,. GIVE IT A ******* REST

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trades aside, this is the alternative 22 i could name if i revise his drafting decisions

McGrath Talia T.McDonald
Gleeson Hurley McKenna
Hanneberry Merrett Duncan
Parker Daniher Tippa
R.Gray Hooker Fantasia
Gawn Heppell Dangerfield
J.Steven Parish Ross Colyer

Daniher -> Steven
Myers -> Danger
Steinberg -> Parker
Reimers -> Gray
Zaka -> Hanneberry
Long -> Gawn
Kav -> Ross
Melksham -> Talia
Carlisle -> Duncan
Browne -> McDonald

I can't count Gumby into Selwood and keep Fantasia. Id prefer Fantasia.

could do this for a lot of recruiters.

Yes the saga I get it still not my point.
It is the point though, it can't just be overlooked. You reckon we'd have attracted Goddard if the saga had been in play? Of course we wouldn't have.

It's been a massive millstone holding us back in attracting players for the past five years, it can't just be mitigated or poohooed.

Beams went to play with his brother, just happened to be at Brisbane WHICH ALSO JUST HAPPENS TO BE HIS HOME STATE

And who the **** have Saints attracted? Some ex GWS players?
Adelaide lost more players than anyone and are now heavy favourites for a flag, lots more goes into success than attracting a player.

I know you think we should be awesome all the time and everything else is a failure but **** sake mate, your pessimism is ******* tiring all the ******* time. I've bit my lip for a long time, but I've had enough, it's in every ******* thread every ******* day,. GIVE IT A ******* REST

Haha settle down all I want is what's best for Essendon matey.

It is the point though, it can't just be overlooked. You reckon we'd have attracted Goddard if the saga had been in play? Of course we wouldn't have.

It's been a massive millstone holding us back in attracting players for the past five years, it can't just be mitigated or poohooed.
And before the saga it was the fact we were a s**t club going nowhere. Neither has anything to do with Dodo and his convincing abilities.

And before the saga it was the fact we were a s**t club going nowhere. Neither has anything to do with Dodo and his convincing abilities.
s**t club with just about the worst facilities in the league to boot.

They were barely VFL standard
That's honestly not much of an exaggeration. Those Windy Hill rooms really are a flea pit.

I certainly don't think Dodoro is the be all and end all but there are some things that have simply been well beyond his control and they should not be hung on him.

Haha settle down all I want is what's best for Essendon matey.
We all do. But the criticism of our shortcomings and why they've occurred needs to be reasonable and targeted appropriately.

Dodoro has picked some great players and has also picked some busts. He is most certainly not responsible for the fact we've been a very unattractive club to outside players for the past decade, however.

Some people seem to seize upon any negativity in general, because 'Essington'. It's neither insightful or interesting, and it gets tiring pretty quickly.

Yeah and being told you're being "Essington" for holding negative views gets pretty tiring at the same time.

People want to think the future is bright but if they want people to accept their point of view constantly bashing those who are jaded feels hypocritical to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back