Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was meant to bring us all together, instead it’s tearing us apart!
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART JMOOOO
tumblr_ln70t9UHVV1qe2jylo1_500.jpg

Dont' forget he got Zach Merret with pick 26. All good nothing to see.

Also Hooker and Fantasia in the 50s. All Australian Hibberd as a rookie, TBC and Tippa as rookies. Zaka and Carlisle in the 20s.

Also Hooker and Fantasia in the 50s. All Australian Hibberd as a rookie, TBC and Tippa as rookies. Zaka and Carlisle in the 20s.
I'm sure we could do this all day. And the predictable reply will be predictable too.

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Unfortunately its not enough to win flags. Heck its not even enough to play finals consistently.

Its like we are in dreamland where other clubs don't draft and trade better but somehow via magic become top 4 sides.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
'Bumping' at the risk of being taken out of context (damn thread title).

Is it a coincidence that in the first off-season post scandal and having finished 8th that we go from can't attract anyone to Stringer, Saad and Smith?

The merits of those players aside (that was never the debate - it's only ever been about having shiny new things) it shoots to s**t a substantial part of the criticism doesn't it?

'Bumping' at the risk of being taken out of context (damn thread title).

Is it a coincidence that in the first off-season post scandal and having finished 8th that we go from can't attract anyone to Stringer, Saad and Smith?

The merits of those players aside (that was never the debate - it's only ever been about having shiny new things) it shoots to s**t a substantial part of the criticism doesn't it?

Ofcourse but that was obvious. Not to all I guess.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmmm... at a guess...

Out:

Hocking (confirmed)
Kelly (confirmed)
Stanton (confirmed)
Watson (confirmed)
J. Merrett

In:

Saad
Smith
Stringer
Pick 48
Pick 67

Reckon Howlett and Green survive rather than us using picks 85 and 103. One-year deals for each.

He'll be up against it to get a game but like him or not, Green played 17 games this year and clearly has admirers on the coaching panel.

Howlett potentially represents a mature midfielder, which is our biggest weakness.

Key defenders: Hurley, Ambrose, Hartley

Defenders: Gleeson, McKenna, Saad, Baguley, Francis, Dea, Ridley, Morgan

Key forwards: Daniher, Hooker, Stewart, Brown

Forwards: Fantasia, Green, Begley, Tipungwuti, Stringer, Laverde, Redman, Clarke

Midfielders: McGrath, Parish, Merrett, Goddard, Zaharakis, Heppell, Myers, Bird, Langford, Colyer, Howlett, Smith, Mutch

Rucks: Bellchambers, Leuenberger

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Hmmm... at a guess...

Out:

Hocking (confirmed)
Kelly (confirmed)
Stanton (confirmed)
Watson (confirmed)
J. Merrett

In:

Saad
Smith
Stringer
Pick 48
Pick 67

Reckon Howlett and Green survive rather than us using picks 85 and 103. One-year deals for each.

He'll be up against it to get a game but like him or not, Green played 17 games this year and clearly has admirers on the coaching panel.

Howlett potentially represents a mature midfielder, which is our biggest weakness.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club only went for Parish in the draft and passed after that because its trade period has netted three established players unless there is someone Woosha has decided to call time on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club only went for Parish in the draft and passed after that because its trade period has netted three established players unless there is someone Woosha has decided to call time on.
Need to use 3 picks

I thought it was just 3 list changes? so via free agency, draft, trade, delisted free agents must bring in 3 players and delist 3 others currently on list
Nope. 3 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back