List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mid first round draft pick, or a late first round draft pick and change.

I think our 16 or 17 is fair price, but if some loose change is thrown in as overs, then I'm comfortable with that. I'm not thinking Wigg though, unless we've put a contract to him, he'll be a DFA. Having said that, it might be similar to the 'Gore Ploy', where it provides SOS just enough unknown to confuse the result of the trade at the time it's signed off. Many of our supporters thought that we couldn't judge the Danger deal as a loss because Gore was an SA kid with huge upside. But, I think it will more likely be a swap of picks if it happens at all.

FWIW I was told last Friday night that Gore and Wigg both expected be our list next year. How that works I have no idea? I have no idea how reliable the sauce is either?

FWIW I was told last Friday night that Gore and Wigg both expected be our list next year. How that works I have no idea? I have no idea how reliable the sauce is either?

I have a source that tells me that both Gore and Wigg are going to be mighty disappointed when delistings are announced.

Me

I have a source that tells me that both Gore and Wigg are going to be mighty disappointed when delistings are announced.

Me
Thanks Hamish, appreciate the heads up. :)

I have no emotional investment in either. I just hope if Gibbs comes we don't pay too much, and if Lever and Cameron go, we get reasonable deal.

Not very reliable I would suspect. No final list management decisions would be made yet, which is perhaps where your source has got mixed up, but they would be top of the pile for delisting. I could see our coaches straight bat a question regarding their future with "I expect them to be on the list next year", but that's because we do t want any disruptions etc.

Not very reliable I would suspect. No final list management decisions would be made yet, which is perhaps where your source has got mixed up, but they would be top of the pile for delisting. I could see our coaches straight bat a question regarding their future with "I expect them to be on the list next year", but that's because we do t want any disruptions etc.
Yep. Just repeating what I was told. Understand everything will change between now and the end of trade period.

I think it will still be a struggle because all the talk from east is that they're still going to demand 2 first rounders. In reality, nobody knows what was asked for, offered and refused last year. SOS won't be seen to have accepted much less than the previous year, so it becomes a matter as to how on the record they were with what they demanded. I can't see a deal getting done unless we pay significant overs. Which we might do if we win the flag and have the picks to 'burn' following Lever and Cameron trades.
The rumblings contradict your thinking... but time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd move Douglas out of there and injuries happen. Just look at Greenwood, we are obviously playing him injured and he had 6 touches. If we had Gibbs, Greenwood wouldn't be playing.
You know Adelaide will not move Douglas out.

The rumblings contradict your thinking... but time will tell.

I'd failed to think of the Gore scenario where a youngster is thrown in to the deal to make instant judgement impossible. SOS might accept something like this. Not Wigg, no word of him being anything other than a DFA, but what about the recently re-contracted Poholke.

I'm not arguing that he's not in the top 100, obviously that is an arguable view, he's just not in the top 50 best players in the comp, which was the idiotic statement of fact made by another poster.

Who was the poster that stated that it was a fact that Gibbs was top 50?

I've followed this thread pretty closely and I haven't seen any "statement of fact". Just some people saying that he'd be about the mark.

You know Adelaide will not move Douglas out.

I was looking at AFL player ratings as it's something the 'Gibbs A-grader' crew seem to think is meaningful. His AFL rating points are something like 2.5% higher than Dougie. How much do you pay for an extra 2.5% for 2 years? And Lyons is rated higher than both and he has more years left and was traded for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Yes, uncontracted, but many, many years more to give.

Well, I don't rate any ratings that have him ahead of AA CHB Michael Hurley or our non-AA KPD Daniel Talia.
Fair enough. Top 50 is completely subjective. I'd have him somewhere between 45 and 75. But that's a big variation.

Agree wholeheartedly, the sticking point will be what we have to give up to get a trade done......I'm perfectly fine with our pick 16 or 17 in this year's draft. I might even begrudgingly be prepared to throw in a sweetener of a fringe best 22 player like Wigg etc if push came to shove but no more.
I agree with the price you're willing to pay... but when did Wigg become a "fringe best 22 player"? I would have thought Wigg was a "fringe best 35 player".

I'd failed to think of the Gore scenario where a youngster is thrown in to the deal to make instant judgement impossible. SOS might accept something like this. Not Wigg, no word of him being anything other than a DFA, but what about the recently re-contracted Poholke.
Not a chance

Which seems to be the case..
Pick 17 and Wigg.
Or swap pick 35 with your 3rd

I'm hearing we're looking at Smith and Kennedy from GWS.

If the jungle drums are right I wouldnt be surprised to see something like [Lever + 36] head to the Dees for [10 + 28] and Cameron head to Brissy for their pick 19. That gives you blokes 10 + 18 + 19 + 28 which isnt a bad haul after reaching the G/F.

We give you Gibbs, they give us Kennedy and Smith, and you can sort out the rest with the Giants.

I agree with the price you're willing to pay... but when did Wigg become a "fringe best 22 player"? I would have thought Wigg was a "fringe best 35 player".

Yep, fringe 22 implies he has played a few games this year. I would have thought Shane Savage was fringe 22 when he was at Hawthorn. Wigg has no trade value at all, even as steak knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back