News New BigFooty Theme - Feedback and Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

On desktop and ipad.

Difficult to distinguish read threads on ipad and open threads also when doing a search (both), names come up but difficult to see shading on which to select.

View attachment 420988
View attachment 420989
I don't get the search thing?

The unread is in a different font and bolded - does it look a lot different on the screen?

Mac browsers seem to be messing with the font bolding. We will keep going until we work out how to allow for that.

Not sure if this is a safari problem or a BF problem, but on my iPad whenever I change from portrait to landscape, it scrolls the the very bottom... Any ideas?

Liking the new theme btw
Wow - I will find my ipad and see what I can see.

I don't get the search thing?

The unread is in a different font and bolded - does it look a lot different on the screen?

Mac browsers seem to be messing with the font bolding. We will keep going until we work out how to allow for that.
Search - Yes it does, just like the graphic I posted. Doesn't appear any different. There is a slight shading but not very clear like before.
I am using Win 8.1.
Unread - need to look closely as the bold doesn't stand out as much as before. I just look at the last post date and time.

I found something else to complain about. Look at that favicon! It's indecipherable. Not like a good old footy.

NVYtsbf.png

4upn1s4.png
This is probably the biggest issue left over. I swear it didn't do this during the "beta testing" phase, but when it was forced on all it changed. I hope this serious issue isn't being ignored, Chief.

This is probably the biggest issue left over. I swear it didn't do this during the "beta testing" phase, but when it was forced on all it changed. I hope this serious issue isn't being ignored, Chief.
Yeah.

I do think the new style looks a lot more modern, even if I'm personally not a fan of the Roboto font. People always get hysterical about cosmetic changes.

Two more bugs, though:

(1) As I'm writing this post, it keeps jump-scrolling off-screen. It happens if I type for a while in a long-ish post, pause for a few seconds, then hit a key - every time, it jump-scrolls to the very bottom of the page and I can't see what I'm typing. I'm typing this blind right now because I literally can't keep the thing scrolled onscreen.

(2) Clicking the little icon in posts that's supposed to take you to a quoted post doesn't work reliably any more (the first one does, but then not the second?). Often it seems to do nothing at all.

Also I had a poke around at signatures, because they still bother me with how harshly they break up posts.

This is the current situation:

8xSEhlb.png

And this is what it would look like if you soften the border and shift signatures to the bottom of posts:

yBabqT1.png

Not a huge difference, but it better preserves the sense of each post being its own container, I think, since instead of going from white (post content) to gray (signature) to then back to white again (button panel), it's simply white-gray.

I deleted the box-shadow on ".message .signature" and added a matching bottom-border to ".message .messageMeta".

(2) Clicking the little icon in posts that's supposed to take you to a quoted post doesn't work reliably any more (the first one does, but then not the second?). Often it seems to do nothing at all.
Just came here to post the same thing. Wasn't sure if it was just me or the system.

Latest Chrome, windows 10, usual addons.

On mobile it sometimes changes to the new theme by itself when going into threads, doesn't really matter though, new one looks good.

This is the first thing I noticed though.
Screenshot_20170927-181159.png

Club icon at the top doesn't look vertically centered properly.

'Click to expand' goes over the quoted text. Don't remember it doing this previously.

Also the Tools buttons isn't aligned, also looks like maybe Share and Tweet are slightly off as well.

As you said it is a bit slow to load on mobile. Looks good though

On mobile it sometimes changes to the new theme by itself when going into threads, doesn't really matter though, new one looks good.

This is the first thing I noticed though.
View attachment 421360

Club icon at the top doesn't look vertically centered properly.

'Click to expand' goes over the quoted text. Don't remember it doing this previously.

Also the Tools buttons isn't aligned, also looks like maybe Share and Tweet are slightly off as well.

As you said it is a bit slow to load on mobile. Looks good though

It shouldn't use the new one on mobile - unless it can't figure out the mobile model or browser?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It shouldn't use the new one on mobile - unless it can't figure out the mobile model or browser?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeh I get it shouldn't but it definitely does, seemingly at random.
Over 10 minutes going between around 4 different threads it changed themes seemingly at random when changing threads (seeing as I never manually change it).

Can probably record it if you want, was happening quite consistently befodre

Signatures with pictures are automatically loading fully expanded. Personally would prefer going back to the no pics in sigs rule, but if they are click to expand that wouldn't be so bad as a compromise. In the same browser quotes abbreviate properly, so there is obviously a way to do this that should work for signatures too. (I'm using Safari on mac.)

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 2.12.30 pm.png

Signatures with pictures are automatically loading fully expanded. Personally would prefer going back to the no pics in sigs rule, but if they are click to expand that wouldn't be so bad as a compromise. In the same browser quotes abbreviate properly, so there is obviously a way to do this that should work for signatures too. (I'm using Safari on mac.)

View attachment 421685
They should be collapsed as this is set:

Enable Collapsing Signature

This setting will globally toggle the ability for post signatures to be collapsable.

View attachment 421685
What do you have set for Collapse Signatures in here?
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/preferences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you have set for Collapse Signatures in here?
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/preferences
Ah, that seems to have fixed it. Funny that it wasn't default :S

There's a few other new features there that are probably worth putting up on a banner too, for example Final Siren there is an option there to disable share buttons on posts (fb/twitter). Also suppressing the mobile site if you have your phone constantly switching from one theme to the other.

There's a few other new features there that are probably worth putting up on a banner too, for example Final Siren there is an option there to disable share buttons on posts (fb/twitter). Also suppressing the mobile site if you have your phone constantly switching from one theme to the other.
I would love Xf to add a full onboarding feature. By this I mean that as you pass milestones it shows you how to use new features.

Ah excellent, thank you!

There are a bunch of mysterious options in there... I tried toggling a few and couldn't see any difference (e.g. collapse sigs, collapse user info, display likes).

I would love Xf to add a full onboarding feature. By this I mean that as you pass milestones it shows you how to use new features.
Is there a way of setting banner notifications to only appear to people with 5 posts or 10 posts? Similar to the ones that pop up just for mods, just for supporters of different clubs and just on particular boards.

Also I just turned on sticky nav, it's pretty cool. It's small enough it probably doesn't need to autohide when I scroll down though (perhaps that is more useful on a phone screen?) Would be great if the mod buttons and Mark Forums Read/Search Forums/Watched Forums/Watched Threads/New Posts were in the stickied part too (perhaps as a hover-drop down from the 'forums' button).

Ah excellent, thank you!

There are a bunch of mysterious options in there... I tried toggling a few and couldn't see any difference (e.g. collapse sigs, collapse user info, display likes).
:thumbsu:

Collapse sigs is working for me now, it just makes long signatures shorter, it doesn't hide them altogether. See my post above for how they used to come up for me when they weren't collapsing. Now the sig is the first four lines worth and then the rest is hidden unless I click the 'click to expand' button. Don't know about the other two features you mentioned.

New bug: I pasted an image into a post I was composing, then decided to delete it. The "Delete" button in the attachment box didn't do anything, and I had to change themes back to "cool" to make it work.

Is it possible to change some design elements in the user profile pop-up box?

Very bland in my opinion which needs attending to. The previous theme's pop-up box was close to perfect- overall I prefer the slick theme though; it's a definite yes from me.

New bug: I pasted an image into a post I was composing, then decided to delete it. The "Delete" button in the attachment box didn't do anything, and I had to change themes back to "cool" to make it work.
There's something dodgy about the functionality of some of the buttons, it's a known issue. I think the one you mention is the only one that affects normal users (thankfully you can still go into cool and fix it)... but it has affected a few of the mod features as well which can be pretty painful.

Yeah it is an issue. The makers of the theme are telling me to roll back every single change I have made in the last three months, then re-add them one by one to see where it breaks.

Not ******* likely.

I'm still not sure how or why the original layout was considered broken. Wondering if it wasn't broken, why is it now?
From the OP:
The old style has been messed around with through several versions of the Xenforo software. The wire and duct tape are starting to wear out.

Is it possible to change some design elements in the user profile pop-up box?

Very bland in my opinion which needs attending to. The previous theme's pop-up box was close to perfect- overall I prefer the slick theme though; it's a definite yes from me.
You can change your cover image in your profile. That should brighten it up.

You can change your cover image in your profile. That should brighten it up.
My main issue is with the avatar size on the pop-up box. It used to enlarge but now it's a small circle which makes avatars hardly visible.

Also I was thinking, having alert notifications displayed on tabs would be cool (like on Facebook/Twitter). Just a thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back