Women's Footy Brisbane Lions Women's Team - Official Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Brisbane still looking to expand the AFLW academy? There was talk of something in tassie

Geelong & Tasmanian Kangaroos in 2019
Richmond, St. Kilda, West Coast & Gold Coast in 2020.

I imagine Gold Coast will take a decent portion of our players, so Lions got to make the most of next 2 years!

Geelong & Tasmanian Kangaroos in 2019
Richmond, St. Kilda, West Coast & Gold Coast in 2020.

I imagine Gold Coast will take a decent portion of our players, so Lions got to make the most of next 2 years!
But I'm already attached. :(

Gold Coast have actual Facilities. Wonder if this dilutes our bid to the QLD government to support the women's game in anyway, they've already got a women's team on the Coast for PR if they want that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure I remember Breanna Brock mention that they felt within 3 to 4 years they were on track to be able to have list made up of 100% Qlders. Whether that is a necessity as a result of this announcement. Only time will tell. But with GC coming in that will stretch it pretty thin.
And Britt Gibson

Two teams in Qld, one team in WA and SA??? Coupled with the inevitable poaching (and extra money) from Victorian clubs spells disaster.
"We don't like how this Queensland team almost won a premiership. How did we fix that last time?"

Two teams in Qld, one team in WA and SA??? Coupled with the inevitable poaching (and extra money) from Victorian clubs spells disaster.

Two teams in WA. West Coast and Freo. But just one in SA.

If the Crows go on to have another big year in 2018 I wonder if the AFL will think about fast tracking the Power's entry, assuming they're interested. If Adelaide are the only club with no competition in their backyard you'd think they'd have a real advantage over every other team in the league.

If the Crows go on to have another big year in 2018 I wonder if the AFL will think about fast tracking the Power's entry, assuming they're interested. If Adelaide are the only club with no competition in their backyard you'd think they'd have a real advantage over every other team in the league.
Can't remember back to the applications for the inaugural year but Port (and Sydney) definitely didn't apply this time around

Also with access to the NT girls as well.

Gotta start making it a professional competition to attract enough talent to fill all these teams.

Saw a short clip of the national footy carnival in the 1930s and it seemed a similar level to women's footy now.

Can't remember back to the applications for the inaugural year but Port (and Sydney) definitely didn't apply this time around

SCG cannot hold a woman's team yet so AFL advised them not to apply this time round.

Port said they are focussed on making China work, so did not apply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back